news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll see. I think the odds are fair with Jake about $1.30 to Bens $3.

Jake's not that high level but he's been training with high level guys for a couple of years, even if he gasses I can't imagine Ben really doing much late.
I'm not going to pretend to know who this kid is. I saw he stiffed an NBA player who was the least skilled I've ever seen in the ring but Ben is a fighter. He might not have power or even be good standing but he knows head movement, he knows where to keep his hands, cardio, footwork. He 'could' flick out a basic jab 15x a round to win it...

That said I've put too much thought into this nonsense :tearsofjoy: . Who cares what these idiots do, it's not a good fight

We'll see. I think the odds are fair with Jake about $1.30 to Bens $3.

Jake's not that high level but he's been training with high level guys for a couple of years, even if he gasses I can't imagine Ben really doing much late.
Where is ben @$3? Only about $2.30 on sb. $3 seems quite nice.
I remember the beating that Ben took from Lawler, yet he somehow managed to survive (then Lawler received a Herb special).
I think Ben will be able to withstand most of what Jake throws, and this fight should be a lot closer to even imo. Christ knows though. 🙂

I'm not going to pretend to know who this kid is. I saw he stiffed an NBA player who was the least skilled I've ever seen in the ring but Ben is a fighter. He might not have power or even be good standing but he knows head movement, he knows where to keep his hands, cardio, footwork. He 'could' flick out a basic jab 15x a round to win it...

That said I've put too much thought into this nonsense :tearsofjoy: . Who cares what these idiots do, it's not a good fight
I hate to say this, but Ben does indeed not have head movement nor footwork.

Throwback to his fight with Damien Maia, none of the fundamental traits used by amateur boxers were there. It was embarrasing showcase for the UFC to have those 2 guys standing toe to toe in a main event. Akrens head movement is/was probably on par with Rhonda Rousey's.

He's a fighter, which is the difference between him & the Youtuber, but i'm betting these are the reasons why the youtuber is favourite to win.

I hate to say this, but Ben does indeed not have head movement nor footwork.
I haven't seen the youtube kid really fight but I'm going to assume a career fighter has more idea with this than he does...

I don't think it's a good look to the UFC if he loses. Doubt they approved this (assume it needed approval?) without believing he'll win. Maybe that's overthinking this farce though?

Who's Oscar supposed to be fighting? Apparently, that's a UFC fighter. I think UFC have a large stake in this s**t, they never loan out their fighters other than grappling tourneys

I haven't seen the youtube kid really fight but I'm going to assume a career fighter has more idea with this than he does...

I don't think it's a good look to the UFC if he loses. Doubt they approved this (assume it needed approval?) without believing he'll win. Maybe that's overthinking this farce though?

Who's Oscar supposed to be fighting? Apparently, that's a UFC fighter. I think UFC have a large stake in this sh*t, they never loan out their fighters other than grappling tourneys
Askren is retired from MMA, he didn't need the UFC's approval

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poirier didn't want the belt he wanted the money ( fair enough too )

Agree and love Dustin. P. Belt should be his and fighting next in line. Connor got beat . JJ didn’t demand a re with jiang because she went away to lick her wounds and respected her defeat. Thug next in line against shaddup .
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Apparently Paul has been sparing with kick boxing world champions and has knocked them out this from some boxing coach who thought Paul was a fraud until seeing said sparing

Paul will win both will get paid
Bullshit
There's no ******* way or else he's an actual phenom.

Apparently Paul has been sparing with kick boxing world champions and has knocked them out this from some boxing coach who thought Paul was a fraud until seeing said sparing

Paul will win both will get paid

Have you got an actual source/link? BTW I don't not believe you, I see that Paul has a bit of talent, not sure how good he is though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back