news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like Topkent said, it gives Rob some kickback time.
Then Rob will (most likely) face the winner (or Gallen :p), and just to mix things up i hope it's Vettori. All good matchups between the three guys.
I think Vettori winning sucks for Rob because unless he breaks Adesanya they'll do a trilogy fight

Just like Topkent said, it gives Rob some kickback time.
Then Rob will (most likely) face the winner (or Gallen :p), and just to mix things up i hope it's Vettori. All good matchups between the three guys.
Nah Adesanya will petition for Till next

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Ok in that case I really hope Vettori wins.. >Then they can do the Vettori vs Rob, and Adesanya vs Till.
I don't think Adesanya vs Vettori 3 would happen straight away. But you just never know what will happen in this game.

Adensanya said he wanted to fight Whittaker.
Just the timing of June was apparently more on his mind so Vettori fitted that time better.

A non-footy season time for fight in Australia works better if Whittaker and Adensanya fight after that.
More venues free then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And can we just say good on Conor for donating the 500K. There's just one thing... he donated to a another organisation, not Dustin's.
Bit of a funny one, but I think Dustin is still happy enough. He has had a lot of doors open up since beating Conor.
From my understanding Dustin was going to donate the money to the same charity, so Conor just cut out the middle man?

And can we just say good on Conor for donating the 500K. There's just one thing... he donated to a another organisation, not Dustin's.
Bit of a funny one, but I think Dustin is still happy enough. He has had a lot of doors open up since beating Conor.
From my understanding Dustin was going to donate the money to the same charity, so Conor just cut out the middle man?
Porier said he didn't care that Conor donated to the other charity, he said its not his money any way its the peoples money and by Conor donating to the other charity his hopes were fulfilled.

Diego Sanchez out of his fight with Cowboy
Nick Diaz wants to return

Is it too obvious to do Cowboy v Diaz? Instead, they've offered Nick, Chimaev, who will beat the piss out of him...

Adensanya said he wanted to fight Whittaker.
Just the timing of June was apparently more on his mind so Vettori fitted that time better.

A non-footy season time for fight in Australia works better if Whittaker and Adensanya fight after that.
More venues free then.
The thing that gets me is why didn't they go to Rob with that date when Costa pulled out a month ago. They would have known for a long time that was the date they wanted/ufc needed him to fight.

Can easily see them pushing for someone else after this, or even if Marvin somehow wins going for the trilogy Marvin v Usman.

Eddie lost gain

Might Mouse and Alvarez are finding it tough in One

Interesting fight. Eddie definitely got rocked a few times and couldn't consolidate the takedowns but he also pushed a lot of the pace, controlled the fight for the most part and dished some damage himself. Must have been a close decision (and if you're a fan of conspiracies, close decisions likely going the way of local talent rather than old UFC stars).

Title fight was an absolute mauling. Surprised it went to a decision given the skill difference on the ground.

Diego Sanchez out of his fight with Cowboy
Nick Diaz wants to return

Is it too obvious to do Cowboy v Diaz? Instead, they've offered Nick, Chimaev, who will beat the piss out of him...

Kevin Holland has stuck his hand up, I feel like that will happen, but Nick D v Cerrone would be a great return fight for Nick I'd think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back