news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, I couldn't work out if you meant Cerrone or Holland.
FWIW I haven't a clue why anyone cares if Nick comes back. Hasn't won a fight in a decade, is old now, and ring rust. Bizarre to me BUT

Given how hyped people get about him, he deserves better than Holland. Cowboy mightn't be what he was but he's a big name and a bit washed to be at Nicks level...

FWIW I haven't a clue why anyone cares if Nick comes back. Hasn't won a fight in a decade, is old now, and ring rust. Bizarre to me BUT

Given how hyped people get about him, he deserves better than Holland. Cowboy mightn't be what he was but he's a big name and a bit washed to be at Nicks level...
Did Holland put his hand up to fill Diago's spot vs Cerrone, or to fight Nick?

Usman Colby 2 going to be very different fight.

Usman clearly has taken his striking to another level, two finishes over top strikers.

Yet in the first fight they were close but ultimately still Usman edged Colby on the feet.

Colby basically going to have to press the wrestling.

Its very unlikely he'll get the w for mine. Usman is kinda like Khabib at 155 now in the way that he's physically too much for guys, just too strong no matter the training/camps.

Usman Colby 2 going to be very different fight.

Usman clearly has taken his striking to another level, two finishes over top strikers.

Yet in the first fight they were close but ultimately still Usman edged Colby on the feet.

Colby basically going to have to press the wrestling.

Its very unlikely he'll get the w for mine. Usman is kinda like Khabib at 155 now in the way that he's physically too much for guys, just too strong no matter the training/camps.
I agree, I'm surprised anyone is talking up Colby's chances at all. He's not going to be able to out-wrestle or out-strike Usman; the flash KO risk that Burns and Masvidal brought is almost non-existant. I'm still keen to see the fight, but I just think it's unfortunate for Colby that the champion is basically a better version of himself.

I agree, I'm surprised anyone is talking up Colby's chances at all. He's not going to be able to out-wrestle or out-strike Usman; the flash KO risk that Burns and Masvidal brought is almost non-existant. I'm still keen to see the fight, but I just think it's unfortunate for Colby that the champion is basically a better version of himself.
I mean like or hate Colby if that goes to 5th round decision he may just win the fight.
Usmans improved for sure but that doesn't mean Colby's been tiddling his fingers. Colby's hands won't be as low as others because he's not scared of the wrestling.

Usman would be favourite, but Colby's probably the only chance left at 170

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean like or hate Colby if that goes to 5th round decision he may just win the fight.
Usmans improved for sure but that doesn't mean Colby's been tiddling his fingers. Colby's hands won't be as low as others because he's not scared of the wrestling.

Usman would be favourite, but Colby's probably the only chance left at 170
Don't get me wrong, I think Colby is a difficult fight for anyone. I just don't see how he wins the decision over Usman.

Yep, can't see how Colby beats him to be honest. I reckon Usman would be too strong on the ground, and he definitely hits harder than Covington.

Would really require an A+ performance.

I've seen a few things online (nothing official) of Usman moving up and fighting Whittaker at 185. Don't think it'll happen (I doubt Usman and Izzy want to fight if Usman wins), but that'd be an absolute cracker.

Don't get me wrong, I think Colby is a difficult fight for anyone. I just don't see how he wins the decision over Usman.
Sorry I wrote that shithouse, I mean the first fight could have gone Colby's way by decision if it made it to the 5th which means you have to give him some sort of chance.

Sorry I wrote that shithouse, I mean the first fight could have gone Colby's way by decision if it made it to the 5th which means you have to give him some sort of chance.
Ah right. Yeah, you're right. And I get what's being said re Colby improving as well, and I could never completely rule him out. I think he handily beats the rest of the division, though a fight with Burns could be interesting.

I'll watch that fight again soon. I remember it was very close. Fight ended with about one minute left in the 5th. Both guys had probably copped their worst beating ever. I think I was leaning towards Usman overall, but yeah, it was quite close. Colby could defo get it done in the rematch, imo.

I love the Diaz brothers and Nate is still in the mix for big fights . Thoughts on Nick. Love him but so long out of the game . How can Dana manufacture his return . He can really only fight a top 15 in my opinion.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He probably just has to fight a massive name tbh... make lots of money from the fight, and just take it from there. What happens after that all depends on that fight.
Could be the start of something cool, or it could be the last hurrah.

I think Colby was up 3-1 with one judge. Other two judges had it 2-2?

Usman was clearly winning the 5th though. So if it lasts and goes to the judges Usman would have won a split decision.

Looks like Usman wants to be on ufc 263, 12 June (Adesanya vs Vettori card). Pretty much everyone in Welterweight is booked apart from Michael Chiesa (who Usman's manager, Ali, said they would like to fight) and Colby. I'm pretty sure Colby would get it, but you never know.
Great to have an active Usman.
Also, if Vettori beats Adesanya, Usman wants Vettori.... Whittaker be like 🧐
Edit: I think Vicente Luque is also without an opponent.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back