news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Usman wants to be on ufc 263, 12 June (Adesanya vs Vettori card). Pretty much everyone in Welterweight is booked apart from Michael Chiesa (who Usman's manager, Ali, said they would like to fight) and Colby. I'm pretty sure Colby would get it, but you never know.
Great to have an active Usman.
Also, if Vettori beats Adesanya, Usman wants Vettori.... Whittaker be like 🧐
Edit: I think Vicente Luque is also without an opponent.
Doubt they'll book those two champions on the same card

They see them both as headliners

Ali and Usman have said Colby doesn't deserve a title shot. Blatant duck after fighting Journeymas

If he fights Chiesa or some bullshit next and people still call him the 170 goat (he isn't btw), I'll slap them.

Ali and Usman have said Colby doesn't deserve a title shot. Blatant duck after fighting Journeymas

If he fights Chiesa or some bullshit next and people still call him the 170 goat (he isn't btw), I'll slap them.
Same thing is happening with Izzys coach saying Rob is at the back of the line because he turned down a title shot when injured and with 6 weeks of non quarantine time to prepare. Disgusting

Same thing is happening with Izzys coach saying Rob is at the back of the line because he turned down a title shot when injured and with 6 weeks of non quarantine time to prepare. Disgusting
If they retired right now, Robs had a better career at 185 than Izzy. He has beaten Till, Cannonier, Gastelum, Brunson, Tavares, Romero X2

Izzy has beaten Whittaker, Gastelum, Costa, Brunson and Romero in the most boring right of all time.
Damn right he's running scared.

I saw this, Chiesa? Like * he's the second best guy. Tactical to get belt wins and artificially boost your legacy.

Say what you want about Jones, look he beat in his title run compared to Usman

I've lost a lot of respect for Eugene after those comments.

Actually a disgraceful stance he's taken. Suggesting that Holland (2 straight losses) and Till (1 loss - 1 win at middleweight) are ahead of Rob for title contention.

Let's hope that the Dana, Shelby and Maynard pay absolutely 0 notice to Izzy/Eugene's demands.

If not, the fans will riot anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've lost a lot of respect for Eugene after those comments.

Actually a disgraceful stance he's taken. Suggesting that Holland (2 straight losses) and Till (1 loss - 1 win at middleweight) are ahead of Rob for title contention.

Let's hope that the Dana, Shelby and Maynard pay absolutely 0 notice to Izzy/Eugene's demands.

If not, the fans will riot anyway.
If he does keep avoiding Rob the narrative will start that he's scared and any fighter worth their salt will squash it.

They got Rob at his worst in 5 years and they know it. Doesn't mean they couldn't beat him again but he's a different beast.

Then his coach is saying s**t like " “Now there’s Vettori. Now there’s all these guys coming up. There’s Holland, There’s Till. He was able to separate himself from them. Unfortunately for whatever personal reason he hasn’t taken that fight. Now he goes back into that pool "

They're running.

Then his coach is saying sh*t like " “Now there’s Vettori. Now there’s all these guys coming up. There’s Holland, There’s Till. He was able to separate himself from them. Unfortunately for whatever personal reason he hasn’t taken that fight. Now he goes back into that pool "

They're running.
******* oath they are

Holland lost 2 in a row
Till 1 win from last 4 including loss to Whittaker

Whittaker 3 in a row of top contenders, he is in the pack behind the other two

Diago should be given his medical records from the UFC, and not be fired because he asked for them.
And sure his manager is a bit weird, but Dana is a fu**.

Diego should not be allowed to fight anymore. Theres no surer thing than him having brain damage and his situation with his weird manager/coach is the cherry on top. UFC right in releasing him

Heres some more weird stuff -

This is what they want you to see. Imagine behind closed doors...

Cerrone should be fighting older big names who are as shot as him but not yet Diego Sanchez unwell. Theres a place for these fights, they dont all have to mean something

Put him in there with Nick Diaz, the Pettis fight made sense. Condit, Matt Brown etc. Theres enough there for main card filler for a few fights until hes done. No need to fight guys in their 20s now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back