news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Good for him, hopefully can get his career and life back on track. Hopefully the UFC offers him a goodbye fight
I'd be happy for him to get that last fight (the farewell fight), and him vs Cerrone, after Cerrone's last showing, is probably even more worth doing now.
Edit: I doubt very much that he gets that one last fight. Think his and the ufc's friendship is a little fried at this point.

Last edited:
That is pretty funny
f1ad415e4d424f445fb5bdb83dea6a17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Dale_Thomas

Senior List
Apr 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree that UFC fighters are underpaid, but using the Tyron/Paul fight as the basis doesn't make sense. The only reason Tyron is getting paid well, is because he's fighting a celebrity with 15 million followers.

You either need to be famous yourself or be fighting someone famous in order to paid well. Of which Costa is neither.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Can't compare them, in the UFC everyone on the card gets paid better than an average salary, main card fighters even opening the card can get a couple hundred K.

Boxing the main even gets everything and the undercard fighters get their parking stamped.

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Can't compare them, in the UFC everyone on the card gets paid better than an average salary, main card fighters even opening the card can get a couple hundred K.

Boxing the main even gets everything and the undercard fighters get their parking stamped.

Ok thnx Top. Wow so it’s across both fight sports .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back