news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt he is being paid less than some unranked.

However, those unranked are probably guys the ilk of Rockhold, Weidman? and other veterans that've probably fought 15+ times or been there around 10 years. Probably not dissimilar to the stories of JDS/Overeem/Jacare etc.

He's not helping his cause the way he's going about it - all he's doing in reality is stifling his own career as long as it carries out. People will leapfrog him and the UFC will move on with the job regardless of whether he's onboard or not.

I'd like to know who Costa is referring to. I personally think the ufc are probably taking advantage of him. Costa has a fair following.
Nate Diaz, Cowboy probably. Guys who have put in work for over a decade

Agree that fighters should be paid more, or at least allowed their own sponsors, getting 4-10k from venom is nothing

Last edited:

Nate Diaz, Cowboy probably. Guys who have put in work for over a decade

Agree that fighters should be paid more, or at least allowed their own sponsors, getting 4-10k from venom is nothing
They are allowed their own sponsors, just not on their fight attire.
Can you imagine how stupid AFL jumpers would look if players could use their own sponsors

Can you imagine how stupid AFL jumpers would look if players could use their own sponsors
A better comparison is boxing where you can have individual sponsors

The UFC have done well to clean up their image but it's at the expense of the fighters in a lot of cases. As if someone like Diaz, Cerrone, Aldo etc couldn't make more than $30K on sponsors per fight like they've been forced into

That said, and this has been my opinion on mma fighter pay for a long time now, if they don't care enough to do anything about being ripped off, why should we care for them? Put the fights on

It would make more sense to give them a spot for their own sponsor and then limit the types of brands (not allow say, Bad Bunny Hooker ranch).

As it is why would sponsors bother with undercard fighters when they have next to no profile and cant even spruik them on television.

Shields fight was good.

Good exposure for her to be put on some awkward/tough positions.

If we are gonna be hard on boxers not wanting to get involved with mma.....then we gotta applaud the ones that do.

Big up Shields.

Last edited:
Shields fight was good.

Good exposure for her to be put on some awkward/tough positions.

If we are gonna be hard on boxers not wanting to involved with mma.....then we gotta applaud the ones that do.

Big up Shields.
Shields was put in bad positions reasonably easily, but she defended well when in them. Done well to make it to the third, and once her opponent was a bit gassed the bombs started raining. Good on her.

As for boxers not wanting to do mma...completely understandable. It takes yearsss to get well rounded at mma.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fu** that. I know Usman just wants the money but would be nice to actually see him fight contenders if he thinks he's the greatest.
Tbf there aren't many left

Colby again, Leon I guess, Winderboy, Luque possibly

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Shock horror Usman wants to fight another guy who has absolutely no eligibility for a title shot
He has pretty much fought the lot.
Leon was next in line (and could still be), but Nate basically beat him. Sure Nate lost the decision, but he won the fight, if you know what I mean.
I say give Nate his crack. Not often we get to see championship fights like that, but I don't mind them..occasionally.
The one and only crack at the title.

Tbf there aren't many left

Colby again, Leon I guess, Winderboy, Luque possibly

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Colby Leon and Wonderboy, and then thats probably 2 years down the track and their will be other contenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back