news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jorge.. Jorge.. Jorge..

Not sure im buying this one. Edwards misses out once more.
This will set up Colby vs Masvidal in a humongous fight!

Edwards will unfortunately be forced to take the cumshot as mentioned above.
Masvidal v Covington would have to be one of the biggest, most hyped fights in quite a while. They would have to make that a 5 round fight

And a lot more exciting than watching Edwards try to score a points victory and bore the * out of the crowd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Masvidal v Covington would have to be one of the biggest, most hyped fights in quite a while. They would have to make that a 5 round fight

And a lot more exciting than watching Edwards try to score a points victory and bore the fu** out of the crowd
Edwards isn't boring imo. Jorge pulling out is boring.
Edwards deserves his shot. Hopefully he is first in line now and just waits for Usman.
Colby vs Jorge, and yeah definitely a five rounder. But if Jorge only needs a small time out I'd still be keen on him vs Edwards. Some serious bad blood there.

Last edited:
Edwards isn't boring imo. Jorge pulling out is boring.
Edwards deserves his shot. Hopefully he is first in line now and just waits for Usman.
Colby vs Jorge, and yeah definitely a five rounder. But if Jorge only needs a small time out I'd still be keen on him vs Edwards. Some serious bad blood there.
Boring maybe is harsh, he fights too safe

Plus other than RDA where is Edwards big win?

Luque maybe but it was before Luque has gotten so good

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Looks a setup to get us to Edwards/Khamzat and Masvidal/Colby, as others have mentioned. Gets a big hype fight (personally not interested at all in seeing Colby dominate Jorge), a potential top with for Khamzat, and Usman gets a nice break.

Boring maybe is harsh, he fights too safe

Plus other than RDA where is Edwards big win?

Luque maybe but it was before Luque has gotten so good

The issue here is actually getting a big name to accept a fight. Leon hasn't ducked anyone. He's fought whoever was available. Was due to face Woodley in London when covid hit. Has called out the top guys forever. His last loss was to Usman (december 2015. Decision), which put him to 10-3.. he's now at 19-3 and he has taken out some solid names along the way.

The issue here is actually getting a big name to accept a fight. Leon hasn't ducked anyone. He's fought whoever was available. Was due to face Woodley in London when covid hit. Has called out the top guys forever. His last loss was to Usman (december 2015. Decision), which put him to 10-3.. he's now at 19-3 and he has taken out some solid names along the way.
He ducked everyone in 2020. Wonderboy the best example. It wasn't until he got dropped from the rankings for turning everyone down that he took the Chimaev fight.

He wasn't willing to accept anything other than Usman or a fight with Burns for the number 1 contender when Burns had already signed a title fight but had to pull out late. He did well to run with the narrative of no one wanting to fight him though

1 win over top 15 guys is no 1 contender now?

And Luque was almost 5 years ago (could be wrong, maybe 4). Point is it was a weaker win then that it would be now if they fought.

Belal looked like a win before he poked him in the eye.

The softest ******* run in the UFC. Good luck to him but Usman will be laughing all the way to the bank if he gets the next shot

He ducked everyone in 2020. Wonderboy the best example. It wasn't until he got dropped from the rankings for turning everyone down that he took the Chimaev fight.

He wasn't willing to accept anything other than Usman or a fight with Burns for the number 1 contender when Burns had already signed a title fight but had to pull out late. He did well to run with the narrative of no one wanting to fight him though
Who's "everyone"?
And yes he was forced to take the Khamzat fight, even though Khamzat was ranked way low, but then Khamzat got covid.
Leon was ranked 5 in 2020.
Wonderboy was ranked 8 2020.
I wouldn't really expect Leon to go backwards when on a solid winning streak.

1 win over top 15 guys is no 1 contender now?

And Luque was almost 5 years ago (could be wrong, maybe 4). Point is it was a weaker win then that it would be now if they fought.

Belal looked like a win before he poked him in the eye.

The softest ******* run in the UFC. Good luck to him but Usman will be laughing all the way to the bank if he gets the next shot

Go and have a look at Masvidal's last dozen fights.

Go and have a look at Masvidal's last dozen fights.
Till and Askren at the time were much bigger wins than Edwards has ever had and he finished them both

Your point is?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back