news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If the title holder ( Francis ) can’t or won’t fight the next two in line fight for the interim title . ? Like a holding pattern until the champion fights .?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No the interim has to be unified with the main title. So it's an official number one contender fight

No the interim has to be unified with the main title. So it's an official number one contender fight

I think we are saying the same thing aren’t we ? But why does an interim belt exist. ? There is only one belt . The champion belt which Francis holds. Sorry to be naïve about this Top.

I think we are saying the same thing aren’t we ? But why does an interim belt exist. ? There is only one belt . The champion belt which Francis holds. Sorry to be naïve about this Top.

It sells, it crowns a number one contender and they interim can be upgraded if the champ doesn't fight.

I think interims are great any time 2 guys fight for a belt it feels more interesting

It sells, it crowns a number one contender and they interim can be upgraded if the champ doesn't fight.

I think interims are great any time 2 guys fight for a belt it feels more interesting

Thanks for your fair response . So third fights second to become number one contender ( interim belt winner ) who then either fights Francis for the pure heavyweight title or gets the title by default if Francis won’t fight. Just hope Francis is healed and resolves his $ with the ufc. And fights .

Lol no interims for Adesanya, Volk and Usman you know why? Cause they actually do what they're paid to do which is fight. Ngannou cries about money but refuses to fight. I don't even care about Ngannou anymore. You can't barely fight then complain. 3 fights in 3 years. Adesanya does that in a year.
Like I said... Francis would've defended earlier. He was good to go in September (that's only 6 months after he became champion), but the ufc made the interim for August.
The three champs you mentioned defended their belts between 5 - 9 months after winning.
As for the money part... well everyone knows that the ufc are stingy compared to how much money the company pulls in.

Last edited:
Like I said... Francis would've defended earlier. He was good to go in September (that's only 6 months after he became champion), but the ufc made the interim for August.
The three champs you mentioned defended their belts between 5 - 9 months after winning.
As for the money part... well everyone knows that the ufc are stingy compared to how much money the company pulls in.
Yes everyone knows that. We've all seen the accounts
Francis has fought 3x in 3 years. Gonna be 3 in 4 soon. You can tell me when you think he would have fought or you can go off the facts. Guy doesn't fight. That's his problem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyson Pedro back atleast.
Yeah pretty excited to see how he returns.

Also keen to see how Romanov, who's had a great start to his career, fights having trimmed down a little. He's been pretty massive to this point but does rely on technique more than anything so I expect him to look even better.

Yeah pretty excited to see how he returns.

Also keen to see how Romanov, who's had a great start to his career, fights having trimmed down a little. He's been pretty massive to this point but does rely on technique more than anything so I expect him to look even better.
Romanov fight cancelled

Another s**t card this weekend, better than not having one i guess, should be a good one next weekend
Main event is pretty good

But yeah other than that is pretty s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back