news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nate 100% does not deserve that fight but I'm not going to lie, I wouldn't mind seeing it. Surely Nate's chin cracks at some point.

Unfortunately for Oliveira, the biggest money fights for him, which I'm happy for him to get, are two guys who are way off in terms of ranking and/or recent performances, and would rather fight at 170.

I don’t know why Nate doesn’t just take the Conor fight. If he wants out of the ufc that’s surely the biggest payday for him right? I feel like that’s the one Dana and the ufc probably want to make the most as Conor may actually have a chance compared to ridiculously calling out people like Usman. The trilogy has always been that guaranteed big one in the back pocket of the ufc to pull out one so many occasions and now they are probably going to lose it

I don’t know why Nate doesn’t just take the Conor fight. If he wants out of the ufc that’s surely the biggest payday for him right? I feel like that’s the one Dana and the ufc probably want to make the most as Conor may actually have a chance compared to ridiculously calling out people like Usman. The trilogy has always been that guaranteed big one in the back pocket of the ufc to pull out one so many occasions and now they are probably going to lose it

McGregor still ages away. From all reports majority of his training has just been boxing type work.
Still not throwing kicks/ grappling etc.

Diaz has been screaming for a fight for months.

My thoughts are that the Nate fight will always be there, so Conor could come back, have Usman kick his arse then he could fight either/both Diaz where I'd back him and them maybe fight Jorge. If he goes for Diaz straight away and loses then he's got nowhere to go.

It's really not just about beating Diaz.
Edwards:
View attachment 1393714
One fight that never happened for Edwards (because of covid, and just shy of fight week) was against Woodley to determine number 1 contender. Was a main fight on a London card.
RDA is his only top opposition

Pretty standard level out of Bellator this morning. Not good seeing Machida get absolutely flatlined again and I hope that's the end for him. On the flip side, cool to see some vintage Semtex Daley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poirier is being a chirpy campaigner on social media for someone who supposedly hates what the sport has become

Would love to see Chandler lay his ass out

Poirier is being a chirpy campaigner on social media for someone who supposedly hates what the sport has become

Would love to see Chandler lay his ass out
Always has been a chirpy campaigner. I hate to be on of "those people" but he blocked me on twitter for calling him out on it like 10 years ago. Blokes always been a massive flog and it's nice to see people starting to realise.

Ouch
8ef42e6e231ee599fe29c50488cdfe16.jpg

Poirier wants a dancing partner. He vs Colby would make for a monster event.
It might make a big leadup, but Colby just grapples the hell out of him the same way he did Masvidal. As much as I'd love to see it, it's not really an entertaining fight

It might make a big leadup, but Colby just grapples the hell out of him the same way he did Masvidal. As much as I'd love to see it, it's not really an entertaining fight
OK, Colby vs Khamzat it is.

Back on Colby vs Poirier.. I'd be keen as. Poirior would be quite the weapon at 170. I wouldn't write him off.

Ive long been a Poirer fan (since the old Fightville days) but he is absolutely ******* awful at trash talk. Should really leave it alone.

Yeah I heard Chael Sonnen say a while ago there are two types of fighters: those whose MO is winning fights and those whose MO is getting big fights, winning or losing is not as important. Good trash talking is basically essential for the second type, I see Poirier as the first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back