news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to seeing if they can slot him in for another fight later in the season.

I'm not sure what other outcome he could've provided that would've got him a contract. So if not.. Why give him a fight?

Oh well.. Like I said, i'm interested in the next one now.

Looking forward to seeing if they can slot him in for another fight later in the season.

I'm not sure what other outcome he could've provided that would've got him a contract. So if not.. Why give him a fight?

Oh well.. Like I said, i'm interested in the next one now.
Dana is a penny pinching POS, so any reason not to have to start paying him yet.

Dana is a penny pinching POS, so any reason not to have to start paying him yet.
On his podcast Anthony Smith said that when his mum passed away he had a bunch of UFC appearances, Dana told him don't even bother trying to do them stay home and look after yourself and paid him for every appearance

What a scumbag.

On his podcast Anthony Smith said that when his mum passed away he had a bunch of UFC appearances, Dana told him don't even bother trying to do them stay home and look after yourself and paid him for every appearance

What a scumbag.
Well I'm convinced.

God DC is ******* deluded

Most bias campaigner out there and hates being called out for it
c77402284ff45230bf4ec3ec370a51c9.jpg

DC is borderline bearable on without Rogan, with him, they're like a bunch of giggling school kids. Totally unbearable.

Also if people are noticing commentators that much, including bias, it means they're detracting from the sport that's going on too.

To be honest 90% of sports commentary around the world in any sport is pox these days.

DC is borderline bearable on without Rogan, with him, they're like a bunch of giggling school kids. Totally unbearable.

Also if people are noticing commentators that much, including bias, it means they're detracting from the sport that's going on too.

To be honest 90% of sports commentary around the world in any sport is pox these days.

100%, they need to be separated. I'm not sure Rogan's heart is in it from a commentary perspective these days anyway, I mean he clearly loves the sport but he's probably off reading books about aliens and DMT most of his spare time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they have to do away with high altitude events tbh, or at least be much more selective in who they put on those cards.

Aldo v Merab was probably affected by it
Tybura, Santos fights also.
Rockhold was dead tired, his cardio is usually solid

Yes its on the fighters to prepare but the high altitude cards end up with some very bizarre results. Not a true reflection of whos best in a way

So as awesome as Edwards winning is, the inevitable immediate rematch puts the division on hold again. Hopefully Colby, Burns, Neal and Rakhmonov all get fights booked soon and keep it flowing.

Not sure what next for Costa either. Whittaker if he wins? The winner of Cannonier/Strickland perhaps.

Aldo vs Cruz in a retirement match for both could work. For Merab, the winner of Sandhagen/Song would work out well.

So as awesome as Edwards winning is, the inevitable immediate rematch puts the division on hold again. Hopefully Colby, Burns, Neal and Rakhmonov all get fights booked soon and keep it flowing.

Not sure what next for Costa either. Whittaker if he wins? The winner of Cannonier/Strickland perhaps.

Aldo vs Cruz in a retirement match for both could work. For Merab, the winner of Sandhagen/Song would work out well.
Good matchmaking there but Usman deserves the rematch and other than Chimaev no one is really there for a shot anyway. Mix them all up until he gets his shot a year from now. No big deal. Rakhmonov v Neal/Burns

Costa v Perriera if he loses is fresh. Hermansen maybe? Till if he ever fights again be a good one. Avoid rematches where possible imo

Aldo v Cruz is a good idea also. Doubt Aldo retires though, hes still a top 5-10 guy and would beat some of the top tier still.

Good matchmaking there but Usman deserves the rematch and other than Chimaev no one is really there for a shot anyway. Mix them all up until he gets his shot a year from now. No big deal. Rakhmonov v Neal/Burns

Costa v Perriera if he loses is fresh. Hermansen maybe? Till if he ever fights again be a good one. Avoid rematches where possible imo

Aldo v Cruz is a good idea also. Doubt Aldo retires though, hes still a top 5-10 guy and would beat some of the top tier still.
Oh yeh he definitely deserves it. Rakhmonov v Burns would be amazing, but feel like Burns deserves a tune-up fight now! Neal vs Burns might be fairer on the bloke. Rakhmonov vs the winner of Belal/Brady makes sense in terms of the actual fights, but I doubt either of them will accept #11 after a win. Tricky little period for WW matchmaking.

Costa vs Perreira off a loss would be good. No obvious next title shot either, should Izzy win, so would need more of the contenders facing off. Till vs Hermansson should just be put together again imo.

Agree Aldo beats most of the division but as we discussed in here (I think) the other day, it does feel like his decline could come hard and fast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back