news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope, I reckon in the long run he has made the wrong move

He turned down $24m for 3 fights, the way people are talking you would think it is $2.4m
Thats more than i heard it was. I thought it was 8 over 3 fights total...

$8m a fight really isnt that bad even though a Jones fight does 1m buys so probably underpaid a bit still

Thats more than i heard it was. I thought it was 8 over 3 fights total...

$8m a fight really isnt that bad even though a Jones fight does 1m buys so probably underpaid a bit still
so word was his contract per fight was more than Lesnar got for UFC200 which was around $8m

But I mean who really knows I guess

If you consider it in the "man fights bear" sideshow s**t, Frances is the bear. He has that sports science show thing has having the heaviest punch ever recorded (which is bullshit) and hes a big terrifying man from a different sport but overall yeh, Fury is bringing most of the eyes. Its actually why i cant see it happening, whats the upside for Fury here?
Upside for Fury is good money for an easy fight. All he has to do is drag on him in the clinch for a couple rounds and I think he will be useless (Ngannou)

Francis isn't a draw in the UFC, I'm not sure there's a market for him as a crossover athlete because being a big puncher isn't impressive in a sport full of punching machines

so word was his contract per fight was more than Lesnar got for UFC200 which was around $8m

But I mean who really knows I guess
Yeah all the credible places are saying it was 8 per fight for 3. It's really great money

Upside for Fury is good money for an easy fight. All he has to do is drag on him in the clinch for a couple rounds and I think he will be useless (Ngannou)

Francis isn't a draw in the UFC, I'm not sure there's a market for him as a crossover athlete because being a big puncher isn't impressive in a sport full of punching machines
It’s low risk but it’s not no risk for a likely average pay day (compared to another Wilder or Joshua fight).

To be clear on Frances I’m saying he’s easily marketable for the crossover fight and the whole power puncher thing is a part of that but regardless he’s still riding off fury’s coattails.

Yeah all the credible places are saying it was 8 per fight for 3. It's really great money
Yep escpecially considering that he doesn't have much personality and his PPV's haven't been that great either

Yep escpecially considering that he doesn't have much personality and his PPV's haven't been that great either
His PPVs have been relatively Terrible, maybe it's because he has no real rival which is fair enough but I think money wise the UFC definitely offered above

He also hardly fights compared to Izzy, Volk, Usman etc.

His own words, around 8 million to fight Jones.
View attachment 1592393
Eeeesh. Yeh hadnt seen that. Tough to see how he breaks even if it is what he turned down.

I guess you could argue he said “for the Jon Jones fight” so maybe it was like $8m then less for the others but it’s pretty clearly way more than I was thinking.

Didnt he get 600k in his late fight or the one before? Now he's knocked back 8mill a fight
Makes no sense. What am I missing.
I would assume that was his base pay, as far as I am aware only base pay is lodged with the state commissions.

PPV breakdowns aren't every provided to the commissions, I assume this is something that the UFC wants to keep private as different fighters would get different %'s

Eeeesh. Yeh hadnt seen that. Tough to see how he breaks even if it is what he turned down.

I guess you could argue he said “for the Jon Jones fight” so maybe it was like $8m then less for the others but it’s pretty clearly way more than I was thinking.
tbf it could just be $8m for the JJ fight as the UFC would be banking on Francis v JJ for the HW title doing massive PPV numbers.

But I would hazard guess that the next 2 fights on his proposed contract would have been in a similar ball park figure although maybe potentially slightly less

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tbf it could just be $8m for the JJ fight as the UFC would be banking on Francis v JJ for the HW title doing massive PPV numbers.

But I would hazard guess that the next 2 fights on his proposed contract would have been in a similar ball park figure although maybe potentially slightly less
Yeh i mean even if its 8, 6, 4 thats still big money and its unlikely to have been that big a drop.

His PPVs have been relatively Terrible, maybe it's because he has no real rival which is fair enough but I think money wise the UFC definitely offered above

He also hardly fights compared to Izzy, Volk, Usman etc.
Yeah I agree with this. Although I can't find any concrete PPV buys on Francis v Stipe 2 which apparently did less than 300k (which is ******* super surprising to me, I thought it would have been a lot more)

Yeh i mean even if its 8, 6, 4 thats still big money and its unlikely to have been that big a drop.
Yep

So if he isn't a big PPV seller at UFC level I don't know how he could think that he would be a big draw boxing where his skills are very low when comparable to other top level boxers. I'm sure the first fight may be a big pay day but if he gets smoked it will dry up very quickly. But hey maybe I'm wrong

One other thing to consider with UFC v boxing contracts/pay is you never hear about UFC fighters not being paid when they fight. But you hear about boxers at times not getting their apparent contracts being paid in full after fights

Yep

So if he isn't a big PPV seller at UFC level I don't know how he could think that he would be a big draw boxing where his skills are very low when comparable to other top level boxers. I'm sure the first fight may be a big pay day but if he gets smoked it will dry up very quickly. But hey maybe I'm wrong

One other thing to consider with UFC v boxing contracts/pay is you never hear about UFC fighters not being paid when they fight. But you hear about boxers at times not getting their apparent contracts being paid in full after fights
I think a lot of people forget how many fingers are in a boxing contract pie.

The ufc would have a pretty straight forward contract, boxing ones are usually an absolute mess with everyone getting a slice.

I'm not a McGregor fan at all but this seems bullshit, if Conor punched and kicked a lady she's have visible bruising/breaks that would be undeniable to police.

ronald mcdonald mcdonalds GIF

Yeah I agree with this. Although I can't find any concrete PPV buys on Francis v Stipe 2 which apparently did less than 300k (which is ******* super surprising to me, I thought it would have been a lot more)

I don't think Francis or Stipe were really draws, that's why it surprised me he was going to get 8 mil, I have no real knowledge of fighter's final pay check though.

I'm not a McGregor fan at all but this seems bullshit, if Conor punched and kicked a lady she's have visible bruising/breaks that would be undeniable to police.

So... I think most of us have trained in combat sports, ive had heaps of shots that i swore would leave me black and blue and didnt (my face didnt bruise at all the last time i broke my nose). In addition hes threatened her and it could be a simple miunderstanding and hes slapped her (or open handed strike) rather than punch.

Conor seems to have a shitload of form for agressive and violent behaviour, granted hes never been convicted and to date suffered very few repurcussions but personally i wouldnt trash this allegation just because i havent seen pictures with bruises (which actually might exist anyway).

So... I think most of us have trained in combat sports, ive had heaps of shots that i swore would leave me black and blue and didnt (my face didnt bruise at all the last time i broke my nose). In addition hes threatened her and it could be a simple miunderstanding and hes slapped her (or open handed strike) rather than punch.

Conor seems to have a shitload of form for agressive and violent behaviour, granted hes never been convicted and to date suffered very few repurcussions but personally i wouldnt trash this allegation just because i havent seen pictures with bruises (which actually might exist anyway).

A 200 pound steroid taking Conor is leaving some sort of bruise or break on a woman if he kicks and punches her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back