The Genius of Boris Johnson, next UK pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ampaign-for-britain-to-leave-eu-in-referendum

London Mayor Boris Johnson, one of the U.K.’s most popular politicians and prominent Conservatives, said he’ll campaign for Britain to leave the European Union in June’s referendum, putting himself in direct opposition to his party leader, Prime Minister David Cameron.

“I have decided after a huge amount of heartache,” Johnson told a throng of reporters outside his home in London on Sunday. “I will be advocating Vote Leave, or whatever the team is called, because I want a better deal for the people of this country: to save them money and take back control, I think really this is what this is all about.”

Runs rings around them and extraordinarily successful in becoming mayor despite immigration turning London in to Labour territory.

Pity Australia doesn't have anything similar (well Keating to an extent but his lines were generally stolen from others)

blackcat

I have been a hopeless fan of Boris Johnson for years and years going way back to when he became editor of the Spectator, which quickly became known as The Sextator under his stewardship. Even became a member of his cult fan club and had a T shirt proclaiming my devotion - never came across anybody who knew of him here though. Gawd Australia is such a tedious provincial place except for the football.

In 2010, after he became Mayor, I went to view Mayoral Question Time - goes for about six hours once a month (I think) - at City Hall which is on the bank of the thames near waterloo - an amazing building with an open atrium from ceiling to floor, every floor with huge picture windows looking across the river. Building is used as location in the latest James Bond Movie.

Boris had the assembly in the palm of his hands from beginning to end. It was obvious that that they all - Labor and Green counsellors alike who were the majority - adored him. Couldn't help it, he was so funny, so intelligent. Across from me in the public gallery was Ken Livingstone torturing himself with jealousy. Boris trounced him again 2 years later. (btw it was Lynton Crosby who had taken Boris in hand, turned him into a disciplined campaigner and won those two elections for a Tory candidate in what is a heavily Labor constituency. Boris worships Crosby and it was he who persuaded Cameron to have Crosby in to run the Tiory campaign last year).

In 2012 I was staying in South London at the time of the Olympics. For the closing ceremony I went to a local gastro pub and sat at the bar to watch proceedings. Bar was packed with 30 year olds and younger. To my absolute amazement the entire bar erupted into cheers when Boris appeared. This was followed by huge cheers for Prince Harry. 30 somethings!

A few weeks later Boris made a speech to the British paralympians that actually made hard bittern lil ole me cry it was so perfect. And so classy.

Anyway, all that is why I am absolutely certain that Boris will follow Cameron as prime minister and will be hilariously good - provided Lynton Crosby hangs around.

I have been a hopeless fan of Boris Johnson for years and years going way back to when he became editor of the Spectator, which quickly became known as The Sextator under his stewardship. Even became a member of his cult fan club and had a T shirt proclaiming my devotion - never came across anybody who knew of him here though. Gawd Australia is such a tedious provincial place except for the football.

In 2010, after he became Mayor, I went to view Mayoral Question Time - goes for about six hours once a month (I think) - at City Hall which is on the bank of the thames near waterloo - an amazing building with an open atrium from ceiling to floor, every floor with huge picture windows looking across the river. Building is used as location in the latest James Bond Movie.

Boris had the assembly in the palm of his hands from beginning to end. It was obvious that that they all - Labor and Green counsellors alike who were the majority - adored him. Couldn't help it, he was so funny, so intelligent. Across from me in the public gallery was Ken Livingstone torturing himself with jealousy. Boris trounced him again 2 years later. (btw it was Lynton Crosby who had taken Boris in hand, turned him into a disciplined campaigner and won those two elections for a Tory candidate in what is a heavily Labor constituency. Boris worships Crosby and it was he who persuaded Cameron to have Crosby in to run the Tiory campaign last year).

In 2012 I was staying in South London at the time of the Olympics. For the closing ceremony I went to a local gastro pub and sat at the bar to watch proceedings. Bar was packed with 30 year olds and younger. To my absolute amazement the entire bar erupted into cheers when Boris appeared. This was followed by huge cheers for Prince Harry. 30 somethings!

A few weeks later Boris made a speech to the British paralympians that actually made hard bittern lil ole me cry it was so perfect. And so classy.

Anyway, all that is why I am absolutely certain that Boris will follow Cameron as prime minister and will be hilariously good - provided Lynton Crosby hangs around.
meds and i and annabel knew of him

Erudite was the word I was looking for to describe Boris.

Here's the speech to the olympians and para olympians. Note David Cameron realising why he should quit voluntarily before 2020 after this speech.

His would-be successor as Mayor of London lost by only 9% :drunk:

That's the genius of Boris ie London is basically unwinnable for the Tories. Labour has Gerrymandered London over the last decade with mass immigration. Half of those born in London are to foreign mothers. A particularly vile thing for the labour party to do in order to win elections but typical of them. "We had to destroy London to win London". Even a hard left moron like Ken Livingston is electable in London.

A picture tells a thousand words.

http://order-order.com/2016/05/09/congratulations-sadiq-khan-who-defeated-millionaire-jew/

jane #wiffwaff

ping pong < wiff waff

meds?

medusala

Who says you cant rugby tackle someone in a soccer game?

#genius

_44616195_tackle_long.jpg

More genius. Almost embarrassing that we have pollies who speak like Abbott, Gillard and Shorten in comparison, not to mention the village idiot who represented Lilley in comparison.

blackcat

That's the genius of Boris ie London is basically unwinnable for the Tories. Labour has Gerrymandered London over the last decade with mass immigration. Half of those born in London are to foreign mothers. A particularly vile thing for the labour party to do in order to win elections but typical of them. "We had to destroy London to win London". Even a hard left moron like Ken Livingston is electable in London.

http://order-order.com/2016/05/09/congratulations-sadiq-khan-who-defeated-millionaire-jew/

Why do you stay in London if you clearly despise all the locals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha. You can't really think Labour has opened up immigration for the sole purpose of winning London. And how have they done that when they haven't been in Government for 11 years?

Also back to you highlighting the tube and council tax as a success of Boris. He's also had plenty of short falls in housing and the environment. London's population is growing by more than 100k a year and only 5,000 affordable homes were built last year. Boris could have also done more to improve London's air quality. Sadiq Kahn will be introducing changes shortly to tax the heavy polluting vehicles within central London and re-routing the cleaner buses to London's most congested and polluted areas. Pretty minimal introductions but common sense which could have been implemented under Boris.

I think Boris' been a good mayor but I think he would be a disaster as PM. The fact that he's supporting the leave campaign (terribly) shows how selfish he is. It's clear that he's not passionate about leaving Europe like Farage or Ian Duncan-Smith are. His comments about Obama and recently comparing the EU to the NAZI regime were misguided. I feel he gets away with a lot because of his laid back and informal nature. He would suffer under real scrutiny as PM.

In saying that I'm not sure who else will take over from Dave in 2018. I thought it would be Osborne 12 months ago but his recent struggles with the budget (tax credits and disability benefits) have closed the door. I have a sneaking feeling Dave will stay on. Unless the UK votes to leave next month.

Haha. You can't really think Labour has opened up immigration for the sole purpose of winning London. And how have they done that when they haven't been in Government for 11 years? .

It was no secret Blair opened the floodgates to win votes.

Also back to you highlighting the tube and council tax as a success of Boris. He's also had plenty of short falls in housing and the environment. London's population is growing by more than 100k a year and only 5,000 affordable homes were built last year..

So what? The population increase isn't his fault and its a disgrace that most people have to pay more for a flat to subsidise "affordable" homes for a few.

Sadiq Kahn will be introducing changes shortly to tax the heavy polluting vehicles within central London and re-routing the cleaner buses to London's most congested and polluted areas. ..

IIRC such a scheme is already in place.

His comments about Obama and recently comparing the EU to the NAZI regime were misguided..

Obama made an utter fool of himself . Telling one of if not best military allies that they would go to the back of the queue re free trade was a dog of a thing to say and was reflected immediately in the polls. Nazi thing just taken out of context by Guardianistas, did you hear the whole speech when he referred to Napoleon etc?

Cameron is stuffed and he knows it. Gideon is even more stuffed and has been hidden virtually the whole campaign as he is an embarrassment

Established amongst idiots.

From Andrew Neather, New Labour speechwriter:

But the earlier drafts I saw also included a driving political purpose: that mass immigration was the way that the Government was going to make the UK truly multicultural.

I remember coming away from some discussions with the clear sense that the policy was intended - even if this wasn't its main purpose - to rub the Right's nose in diversity and render their arguments out of date. That seemed to me to be a manoeuvre too far.

Ministers were very nervous about the whole thing. For despite Roche's keenness to make her big speech and to be upfront, there was a reluctance elsewhere in government to discuss what increased immigration would mean, above all for Labour's core white working-class vote.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/dont-listen-to-the-whingers-london-needs-immigrants-6786170.html

Let in immigrants so a decade later if they take up citizenship they might remember who was in government back in the day. Flawless thinking you got there.

Let in immigrants so a decade later if they take up citizenship they might remember who was in government back in the day. Flawless thinking you got there.

Yes because there is no similarity to the US where even someone as grubby and discredited as Hilary gets a massive majority of the ethnic vote.

Why do you think Obama was so keen on giving citizenship to illegal immigrants?

It's not rocket science.

Boris has got Cameron wedged beautifully.
If Brexit wins Cameron position is untenable.
If Remain wins, a Tory Revolt will call for a no confidence vote.

Cameron gone by July.

Yes because there is no similarity to the US where even someone as grubby and discredited as Hilary gets a massive majority of the ethnic vote.

Why do you think Obama was so keen on giving citizenship to illegal immigrants?

It's not rocket science.

Reagan in 1986 gave amnesty to 2.7 million undocumented immigrants just to help Hillary's election in 2016?

Reagan in 1986 gave amnesty to 2.7 million undocumented immigrants just to help Hillary's election in 2016?

The bill also saw a big crackdown on illegals designed to severely curtail the flow of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back