The glorious mid-season tank

I have run a ladder predictor up until the mid-season draft and have realised that once Goodwin has decided to tank it until we get some troops back. My analysis shows that by the mid season draft on May 27 the Demons will be on the bottom of the ladder through a very well run tanking scheme. Bottom of the ladder, yes, but still only 2 games outside of the 8. Remarkable.

1557792047825.png

After taking number 1 pick in the mid season draft we will be welcoming back a host of gun players into the 22.

I can feel your jimmies rustling at thought of the Dees barnstorming back into the finals after tanking the first ever mid season draft.

Last edited:
I have run a ladder predictor up until the mid-season draft and have realised that once Goodwin has decided to tank it until we get some troops back. My analysis shows that by the mid season draft on May 27 the Demons will be on the bottom of the ladder through a very well run tanking scheme. Bottom of the ladder, yes, but still only 2 games outside of the 8. Remarkable.

After taking number 1 pick in the mid season draft we will be welcoming back a host of gun players into the 22.

I can feel your jimmies rustling at thought of the Dees barnstorming back into the finals after tanking the first ever mid season draft.

We've been through this before, the AFL said there is no such thing as tanking! Melbourne might just lose a few games that gains them picks as an amazing co-incidence.

Also, the mid season draft is not based on numbered picks, clubs just say who they want from a pool of players who previously nominated for a draft.

We've been through this before, the AFL said there is no such thing as tanking! Melbourne might just lose a few games that gains them picks as an amazing co-incidence.

Also, the mid season draft is not based on numbered picks, clubs just say who they want from a pool of players who previously nominated for a draft.

1557794772739.png

Back