The Goal review system needs to be expanded to include boundary/out-of-bound issues

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Can’t change the score now but I think it should be removed from goal of the year eligibility.
Mark's of the Year/Century don't have these strict rules.

They just need to include the entire passage of play. The highlights keep having the last 15 sec when it was in the pocket for 30 secs, multiple broken tackles with Serong had 2 cracks at it.

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I just reviewed it and it was clear the whole ball wasn't out

I dont even care and am happy the eagles lost as hopefully it'll force some changes but you cant in good faith believe that wasnt OOB?

Anyone who cant admit that was OOB is ******* moron.

That said, should be GOTY.

Remove the reviews and remove slow motion replays from the game. Let the replays be in real time, which is all the umpires have to judge. Tribunal too. A player doesn’t have a frame by frame thought process but in most cases just a reaction to a given situation.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
I dont even care and am happy the eagles lost as hopefully it'll force some changes but you cant in good faith believe that wasnt OOB?

Anyone who cant admit that was OOB is ******* moron.

That said, should be GOTY.
Yep, the umpire wasn’t in the best position to make the call & the oval shape of the ground does make it harder to adjudicate if you’re not in line.

I recon WC took a mark on the opposite boundary wing earlier in the game that was over by similar margins with the umpire out of position.

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Actually surprise this hasn't been brought up more.
Before I go on though, our inept "energy levels" and can't be F@#$%D attitude in the first cost us the game.

It was soooo clearly out and the umpire was in as good a position to see it without getting in the players way. Because it was just at such a frenetic pace i think he paused and then it was too late so just went with it. Bad non-call, very.
Game was in the balance with Eagles coming like a steamtrain and this was one of the very few times Freo were able to get it forward and they end up kicking a great goal by the BOG player which spurred the rest of the team on.
Had it of been correctly called OOB who knows??

Back