Religion The God Question (continued in Part 2 - link in last post)

god or advanced entity?

• god

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • advanced entity

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Lord:rolleyes:....Why even bother coming into this thread!....You are clearly lost & looking for answers on the one hand, then (Just like Jason pm) try to make out like you have all the answers on the other.

Once more, your's is a betrayal of philosophical & metaphysical naivete.....The subject was life & consciousness, not the universe.

i must be living in some kind of bizarro universe. i was sure it was the believers who were making out they had all the answers. eg.

1) i know who created the universe, trust me.
2) ask me, i will tell you the meaning of life.

i simply say- i don't know. i will keep repeating myself- until i see external evidence or experience a personal "spiritual" event or two i can not bring myself to accept such on extraordinary claim purely on faith.

It may be an abstract concept in your mind - no basis in reality? I don't think so.
would love a concise and unambiguous narration as you could possibly give, please enlighten us heathens.:)

That's what Science tells you. What if they're wrong? How can Science really know what happens after we die?
As for your questions, does Science know what created the Big Bang? Did the Big Bang create itself? Is that what Science wants us to believe?
Do you want us to believe that we are Sims characters - will that satisfy your curiosity - or are we all created by Nintendo?

science says it doesn't know unlike believers. could the answer be nothing, we just cease to exist in any form? i don't know.

Last edited:

i must be living in some kind of bizarro universe. i was sure it was the believers who were making out they had all the answers. eg.

1) i know who created the universe, trust me.
2) ask me, i will tell you the meaning of life.

Funny, isn't it? every single one of these wannabe philosophers! without fail...

The point is still valid, you need a commandment to tell you not to kill! what a good man! :thumbsu:
yep, we have empathy. if you bow down to some sort of higher power authority figure to get your sense of what right and wrong is you leave yourself open to manipulation IMO. plenty of horrendous deeds have been committed over the years with the excuse of- i was only following orders or in the name of god.

yep, we have empathy. if you bow down to some sort of higher power authority figure to get your sense of what right and wrong is you leave yourself open to manipulation IMO. plenty of horrendous deeds have been committed over the years with the excuse of- i was only following orders or in the name of god.
Hilarious to see the guys are laughing at communism while they miss the whole point, any kind of ideology is bad, be it religion, marxism, scientology etc etc. Its not HARD for us humans to develop empathy (for some though its impossible) and thats all we need. Treat others how you want to be treated. But whatever floats their boat, they are ones with all the answers remember, what do we know :D

So am I. However, the answers you are looking for I don't believe can be answered by Science, simply because Science asks the wrong questions.
******* lol
What are the questions?
I'm intrigued.
If you're a god,why hide the answers?
Are you a caring empathetic supernatural force?
No,you're an a-hole.
Again,what are these questions only the faithful are capable of asking?
The stage is yours..............

Darwin is just telling you how some of the hardware has changed. Just like boiling water my friend just like boiling water.
darwin_map.gif

Darwin is just telling you how some of the hardware has changed. Just like boiling water my friend just like boiling water.
No,I bought my computer in Darwin.
I'd never been to NT,so I went there,saw a laptop I liked and bought it.
No answers to questions is not proof of god.
But,for Millenia religions and the ruling class across many times frames,cultures and continents have used this 'one' very powerful tool.
Control the conversation with fear,control the masses.
It's simple and highly effective.
The Yanks still use it,as do countless Middle Eastern ,European,Asian,Pacific,African countries and ideologies.
This is what religion is.
God is not necessary for the universe to exist,if it was,it would have left 'absolute evidence'.
Faith is not proof.
Science not having answers is not proof.
God is not found in the gaps.
If these two points were true,god would be very similar to mass murdering psychopaths that contact the authorities to jibe them.
Why bother?
Either it doesn't exist or it is an uncaring sychophant.
Religion and god are addictions and should be treated as such.
Moderation is not an answer,only total eradication will see us truly evolve in the way we were meant to.
Metaphysics is not proof of anything,as much as pro35 believes it to be.
When the sun was placed at the centre of the solar system,god became insignificant.
Unfortunate but true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i will be in Darwin tomorrow then on to Kakadu, i may look around for chelseacarlton s computer store and see if i can find the meaning of life or be re born.:)
Nope
But you will find an ancient people more in touch with the metaphysical than any other has ever been or likely to be.

You want one?

You depend on one?

Or is it useless?
I would call it captain obvious commandments , religion is social science, if people would understand the state of law and order in the society back then they could see why these commandments were written. Apparently christianity is a great religion cause of these commandments. Lost souls these people are.

I would call it captain obvious commandments , religion is social science, if people would understand the state of law and order in the society back then they could see why these commandments were written. Apparently christianity is a great religion cause of these commandments. Lost souls these people are.

Now we know what keeps dragging you back into the God thread, time after time.....There it is....Obsession delineated.

TP is here to save our souls people....If we have souls, that is.:drunk:

Now we know what keeps dragging you back into the God thread, time after time.....There it is....Obsession delineated.

TP is here to save our souls people....If we have souls, that is.:drunk:
Because i want to have a discussion, preferably without the "i know it all" types, i certainly dont claim to know it all, unlike you

I mean considering the solar system is not even a spec of dust in the universe and the earth is not even a spec of dust in the solar system ,you seem to know an awful lot about how the universe and everything works including consciousness and stuff

I mean considering the solar system is not even a spec of dust in the universe and the earth is not even a spec of dust in the solar system ,you seem to know an awful lot about how the universe and everything works including consciousness and stuff

No, I don't know how the universe or consciousness work, or why they exist or have come to be in the first place....But neither does science.

For those of us who have faith that life exists for a reason & the universe has a meaning, we posit the notion of God/Gods to explain these mysteries.

Atheism offers no better answer nor alternative....That's the bare-bones right there.

No, I don't know how the universe or consciousness work, or why they exist or have come to be in the first place....But neither does science.

For those of us who have faith that life exists for a reason & the universe has a meaning, we posit the notion of God/Gods to explain these mysteries.

Atheism offers no better answer nor alternative....That's the bare-bones right there.

I never said that, also you may note i never said there is no god, my argument is against the god/gods of religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back