Religion The God Question - part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure....Why not?

And a safe return....There's elements of faith in most of our human relationships & undertakings....If not all.:thumbsu:

Every time you drive a car, or simply cross over or under a bridge for example....All in good faith & all God's handiwork.

Do you feel your god would intervene in your surgery, or influence it in any way?

Do you feel your god would intervene in your surgery, or influence it in any way?

Ben Carson, the top neurosurgeon, regularly asked for God's help to get him through extremely complicated surgeries. In his book, he details how his faith has guided him - to him, religion isn't particularly important, but his relationship with God is. It doesn't really matter what you believe, but we all have the same creator.

Ben Carson, the top neurosurgeon, regularly asked for God's help to get him through extremely complicated surgeries. In his book, he details how his faith has guided him - to him, religion isn't particularly important, but his relationship with God is. It doesn't really matter what you believe, but we all have the same creator.
Erm......ok,I'll bite!
Prove it!!

And who might that be?

I think you left out, 'in my opinion,' on the end there. And we don't, unless we are brothers and our parents are the same.

And my question wasn't answered - does your god intervene or influence the procedure? And if so, why does it not influence all procedures?

This then begs the question, why not influence things such as the poverty and devastation in Africa, etc.

You need to try harder. You can be a brilliant doctor and still be dumb elsewhere. Ben Carson is a young earth creationist. He reckons the earth is 6,000 years old! He also reckons evolution never happened.

Just because he is a top neurosurgeon, doesnt make him any credible in other matters. I wonder what his fellow neurosurgeons feel about his young earth creationism?

/Fail

I think you left out, 'in my opinion,' on the end there. And we don't, unless we are brothers and our parents are the same.

And my question wasn't answered - does your god intervene or influence the procedure? And if so, why does it not influence all procedures?

This then begs the question, why not influence things such as the poverty and devastation in Africa, etc.

You probably need to start with the questions

Why have earth if you have heaven ?

Why create anything?

As for influencing poverty? Christianity is all about the poor so I would say there has been some influence surely ...but don't get side tracked with that. Stick with those first two questions and then you may at least start to understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You need to try harder. You can be a brilliant doctor and still be dumb elsewhere. Ben Carson is a young earth creationist. He reckons the earth is 6,000 years old! He also reckons evolution never happened.

Just because he is a top neurosurgeon, doesnt make him any credible in other matters. I wonder what his fellow neurosurgeons feel about his young earth creationism?

/Fail
Ben "I came from god, not a monkey" Carson? Oh yeah, that goose. Undoubtedly a brilliant neurosurgeon, but the cognitive dissonance is strong in that one.

Erm......ok,I'll bite!
Prove it!!

Well, the short answer is that it is impossible to prove. All I can do is ask what is the alternative hypothesis? If God didn't create us, then what did? Is it really plausible that we came from monkeys, or a big bang? Where did we get our cognitive abilities from?

To be clear, this is not about religion, since religions are man made (though religious people argue that they are divinely inspired, which is a possibility, but again this can't be proven). It's possible to have a relationship with your creator without being religious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, the short answer is that it is impossible to prove. All I can do is ask what is the alternative hypothesis? If God didn't create us, then what did? Is it really plausible that we came from monkeys, or a big bang? Where did we get our cognitive abilities from?

To be clear, this is not about religion, since religions are man made (though religious people argue that they are divinely inspired, which is a possibility, but again this can't be proven). It's possible to have a relationship with your creator without being religious.
It's pretty simple; the burden of proof rests squarely on the shoulders of those whom are making claims. Prove god exists or your stance is no more valid than the Easter Bunny.

The available evidence points to the fact that "monkeys" and humans have a common ancestor...not that one came from the other.
You'd think after all this time, creationists would at least know the atheist/evolutionist's actual position. To argue that we didn't evolve from monkeys, as opposed to a common ancestor, shows extraordinary ignorance on multiple levels.

It's pretty simple; the burden of proof rests squarely on the shoulders of those whom are making claims. Prove god exists or your stance is no more valid than the Easter Bunny.

You're falling into the trap of thinking solely in terms of the physical world. God is by definition something that transcends the physical so it is not something one can simply prove. Ultimately though you either believe or you don't.

You're falling into the trap of thinking solely in terms of the physical world. God is by definition something that transcends the physical so it is not something one can simply prove. Ultimately though you either believe or you don't.
I like it how you stated before:

It doesn't really matter what you believe, but we all have the same creator.

What you've done here is turn the tables around on Atheists by implying that we're the ones who believe in the unsubstantiated, while you can state with absolute certainty that we all came from the one creator, i.e. god. Sorry, but as the saying goes, it's "Science [that] doesn't care what you believe."

As for the rest of what I've quoted - I'm not falling into a trap of anything. You're the one who has fallen into the trap of allowing unknowable entities from outside space and time to dictate how you think in the physical/material world.

Ultimately, as you've stated, you either believe or you don't. I don't believe in anything which monotheistic religions have peddled. Perhaps there's a "god" out there, I don't know. I doubt it enough to the point where I wouldn't even consider myself agnostic.

Why do you believe there's a god? If god is an unknowable entity, how do you even know where to start? Do you believe that praying to god will have an affect on what he/she will do? If god actually divinely intervenes, then at some point his presence in the physical world should be able to be proven?

Last edited:
upload_2017-3-15_13-4-53.jpeg
500x390xComfort.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.-vexiUXiGN.jpg

Nothing "created" us,we evolved over billions of years to become what we currently are.
This is 100% fact,there is no alternative argument and if you try,you are wasting your time because "you" are 100% wrong!
There is alternate views on the origins of life,but we will get to this within the next century and have evidence.
Lol "monkeys"
You lack even the basic understanding of evolution and natural selection,where were you educated?,a Catholic School or Islamic one?
We share a common ancestor with something that evolved into us and the other into a chimpanzee and or bonobo.
That's the common misconception by people like you and other idiots like Shane Warne etal,"if we evolved from monkeys why can't we see them evolving into us still,ha?!"
I think after the "monkey" bit,we'll leave the origin of the universe out completely,to save you from further embarrassment,being a moderator and all.
You brought up divine creation and intervention so this requires you to go ahead and give the evidence,that's how this all works!
I make a claim,I provide evidence,you see?
As for cognition or consciousness,that is still currently being debated and worked on,but the greatest minds disregard divinity and look at things like diet,geography,evolutionary anomalies etc.
You do realise that the great apes and several monkey species are self aware and could be argued almost equally as conscious as us right?
Your argument lacks anything worthy of discussion that we in here,haven't already beaten to a pulp and put to bed months and months ago!
"A relationship with the creator"?
Go on ahead and prove you are not just talking to voices in your head,
because worlds insane asylums and gaols are full of people like you!
To be extra clear this is all about religion,you cannot separate god and religion.
Without each other they both disappear,now that "is" sweet ass Thurston Moore feedback music to my slightly tinnitus effected ears.

How could you possibly know this,did god tell you,or are you a prophet of some worth,divine or just another indoctrinated bullshit artist?

Nothing "created" us,we evolved over billions of years to become what we currently are.
This is 100% fact,there is no alternative argument and if you try,you are wasting your time because "you" are 100% wrong!
There is alternate views on the origins of life,but we will get to this within the next century and have evidence.
Lol "monkeys"
You lack even the basic understanding of evolution and natural selection,where were you educated?,a Catholic School or Islamic one?
We share a common ancestor with something that evolved into us and the other into a chimpanzee and or bonobo.
That's the common misconception by people like you and other idiots like Shane Warne etal,"if we evolved from monkeys why can't we see them evolving into us still,ha?!"
I think after the "monkey" bit,we'll leave the origin of the universe out completely,to save you from further embarrassment,being a moderator and all.
You brought up divine creation and intervention so this requires you to go ahead and give the evidence,that's how this all works!
I make a claim,I provide evidence,you see?
As for cognition or consciousness,that is still currently being debated and worked on,but the greatest minds disregard divinity and look at things like diet,geography,evolutionary anomalies etc.
You do realise that the great apes and several monkey species are self aware and could be argued almost equally as conscious as us right?
Your argument lacks anything worthy of discussion that we in here,haven't already beaten to a pulp and put to bed months and months ago!
"A relationship with the creator"?
Go on ahead and prove you are not just talking to voices in your head,
because worlds insane asylums and gaols are full of people like you!
To be extra clear this is all about religion,you cannot separate god and religion.
Without each other they both disappear,now that "is" sweet ass Thurston Moore feedback music to my slightly tinnitus effected ears.

Is the burden of proof on you to prove nothing was created? If we came from something that was created then we were created.
Burden of proof is on those who trying to change the mind of others

Is the burden of proof on those who claim the apostles were telling the truth or is the burden of proof on those who say they were lying.

Is the burden of proof on you to prove nothing was created? If we came from something that was created then we were created.
Burden of proof is on those who trying to change the mind of others

We have enough proof to circle the earth several hundreds of times,you just refuse to look at just like this!
RW this is for you too!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back