Official Team Thread The Official Team Thread Of The Winners Again x 6 Minor Premiers Top Team Premiers Always Beatable Gold City Royals

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll give you heads up now. Given our history with that medal DO NOT get your hopes up for the Mobbs.

Too late. I've already pinned all my hopes and dreams on winning it. I finished third once. If I don't win it this year I will have a breakdown.

Round 10

1601891176089.png

Qooty sure is fun when you kick the first 8 goals of the game and win convincingly.

tenor.gif

Easty 250

Will he post? I think he will explode with 4 posts

We have the Bears, so there should be plenty of chances for him to get to 10.

We're also playing the Bears, so, understandably, he might not want to post at all.

ezgif-4-7b10786b740f-gif.938425

Round 10 Presser: Gold City Royals 19.15.129 defeated Coney Island Warriors 14.7.91 @ The Golden Throne

Q: Fantastic win yesterday KP, looks like the Royals have been running into some decent form in the last couple of weeks. What do you put it down to?

KP: Yeah we've had a couple of really solid wins, I think at the core of it is great defence. The #stackedsix has been rock solid down back, it's well supported by a two-way running midfield, our forwards are on fire. It's a good place to be. The Warriors have really struggled this season, so it's good to kick the first 8 goals of the game and cruise for the rest of it.

Q: The Filth Wizard really dominated the Warriors with 8 goals in the first half to sew up the result early. With his 9 goal game is he a shoo-in for the Fred Medal?

KP: Well he's been provided with a lot of opportunities by damn good team. About time he started converting. He's got a 5 goal lead which is a good spot to be but you never want to speak too soon about these award prospects. There's been quite a few occasions across the club's history where we thought we had a player who was a certainty for the Fred or Mobbs and that turned out to be an extraordinary letdown.

Q: Speaking of Fred Medallists, BRAB came into the team for his first game of the season, how did you see his performance?

KP: BRAB came off the bench in the second half and got a few kicks down back, the Warriors cut the margin back to 15 points at one stage and he was fairly composed for his first game in a while. He's had an interrupted pre-season so it's just about working back into his best form and once he's got a few more solid training sessions under the belt we can throw him up forward alongside Filth to form indisputably the most potent forward line in the league.

Q: The midfield have been on fire as well, how did you see their performance in close?

KP: The midfield just dominated all across the ground, at the stoppages, on the outside. Marlowe will likely bank another 3 Mobbs Medal votes, GreyCrow had 26 disposals in the ruck, brahj and Paddles_ both got over 30 disposals. Have to CakeEater is doing really well also, pushing up the ground. He's averaging midfield-like disposals this season.

1601894151144.png

The Qhampion Data ratings suggest Filthy is pulling away quickly now as the standout after his 9-goal game, spookism also had a very fine performance which moved him up a few spots.

Q: Moving onto the next game, it's a special week with two Royal stalwarts Blacky and Easty playing their 200th and 250th respectively. What do you have planned in celebration?

KP: It is a special week and we're going to have some big plans install to commemorate those two legends. We're coming up against the Bears which is great timing because I booked the Los Cararas Shopping Complex to be the venue for the Season 27 retrospective Gold City Royals B&F two months ago. There's also going to be a few other fun initiatives during the festivities which you'll have to wait to find out.

Q: Since your last meeting with the Bears in Round 4, the Bears defeated you to go 4-0 after four games. Since then, they've lost 5 out of the last 6 games. Do you find it surprising that they've fallen away while the Royals have maintained a spot near to top of the ladder?

KP: No.

Q: Why is that?

KP: Because we're better than them. Is that straightforward enough?

Marlowe GreyCrow Smartys Power Paddles_ Kapow!!! BRAB ShaunDuggan HawkPatrol Cesoir Easty Ulahoopski Noobz0r boondy spookism The Filth Wizard MrPremiership grumbleguts Blacky brahj NTRabbit CakeEater Dennis Confetti The acurate one nahnah

We have the Bears, so there should be plenty of chances for him to get to 10.

We're also playing the Bears, so, understandably, he might not want to post at all.
Didn’t we play the Bears recently? Or am I making that up?

I Remember when Blacky was just a rookie under my guidance. Now he’s notched up 200 games. Very proud of him.

Back in the day when the BRAB Qooty factory was just churning them out.

Round 10 Presser: Gold City Royals 19.15.129 defeated Coney Island Warriors 14.7.91 @ The Golden Throne

Q: Fantastic win yesterday KP, looks like the Royals have been running into some decent form in the last couple of weeks. What do you put it down to?

KP: Yeah we've had a couple of really solid wins, I think at the core of it is great defence. The #stackedsix has been rock solid down back, it's well supported by a two-way running midfield, our forwards are on fire. It's a good place to be. The Warriors have really struggled this season, so it's good to kick the first 8 goals of the game and cruise for the rest of it.

Q: The Filth Wizard really dominated the Warriors with 8 goals in the first half to sew up the result early. With his 9 goal game is he a shoo-in for the Fred Medal?

KP: Well he's been provided with a lot of opportunities by damn good team. About time he started converting. He's got a 5 goal lead which is a good spot to be but you never want to speak too soon about these award prospects. There's been quite a few occasions across the club's history where we thought we had a player who was a certainty for the Fred or Mobbs and that turned out to be an extraordinary letdown.

Q: Speaking of Fred Medallists, BRAB came into the team for his first game of the season, how did you see his performance?

KP: BRAB came off the bench in the second half and got a few kicks down back, the Warriors cut the margin back to 15 points at one stage and he was fairly composed for his first game in a while. He's had an interrupted pre-season so it's just about working back into his best form and once he's got a few more solid training sessions under the belt we can throw him up forward alongside Filth to form indisputably the most potent forward line in the league.

Q: The midfield have been on fire as well, how did you see their performance in close?

KP: The midfield just dominated all across the ground, at the stoppages, on the outside. Marlowe will likely bank another 3 Mobbs Medal votes, GreyCrow had 26 disposals in the ruck, brahj and Paddles_ both got over 30 disposals. Have to CakeEater is doing really well also, pushing up the ground. He's averaging midfield-like disposals this season.

View attachment 978236

The Qhampion Data ratings suggest Filthy is pulling away quickly now as the standout after his 9-goal game, spookism also had a very fine performance which moved him up a few spots.

Q: Moving onto the next game, it's a special week with two Royal stalwarts Blacky and Easty playing their 200th and 250th respectively. What do you have planned in celebration?

KP: It is a special week and we're going to have some big plans install to commemorate those two legends. We're coming up against the Bears which is great timing because I booked the Los Cararas Shopping Complex to be the venue for the Season 27 retrospective Gold City Royals B&F two months ago. There's also going to be a few other fun initiatives during the festivities which you'll have to wait to find out.

Q: Since your last meeting with the Bears in Round 4, the Bears defeated you to go 4-0 after four games. Since then, they've lost 5 out of the last 6 games. Do you find it surprising that they've fallen away while the Royals have maintained a spot near to top of the ladder?

KP: No.

Q: Why is that?

KP: Because we're better than them. Is that straightforward enough?

Marlowe GreyCrow Smartys Power Paddles_ Kapow!!! BRAB ShaunDuggan HawkPatrol Cesoir Easty Ulahoopski Noobz0r boondy spookism The Filth Wizard MrPremiership grumbleguts Blacky brahj NTRabbit CakeEater Dennis Confetti The acurate one nahnah
how good is this

Didn’t we play the Bears recently? Or am I making that up?

We did. I thought we'd play the Bombers but I guess we're just skipping them entirely this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Q: The Royals have maintained a top 2 spot after a close game in the rain at the Stadium In The Sky. Obviously, it's been a big week for the Royals' how satisfying is it to come out victorious in a milestone game for a couple of big names?

KP: It was a tremendous occasion yesterday to win in the milestone games of the club founder Easty and long time captain Blacky. We had a festive buildup so I'm glad we played a game that lived up to the hype. Both clubs had milestones yesterday, but given the magnitude of what these two have contributed to the league I think there's some great justice in our side coming out on top.

Q: Who were some of the star performers in the win?

KP: Marlowe had another amazing performance in the wet, was inside, outside kicked a goal as well, should get more Mobbs votes for this performance. CakeEater continues to be a mighty presence as a leadup forward, the perfect foil to The Filth Wizard really because he's averaging 15 disposals, taking marks, crashing packs and creating space. He kicked the first goal of the game which really jump-started us to a 19 point lead early which was really crucial. Blacky shut out that mayo brained flog of a forward they had at Las Vegas and MrPremiership was all over the ground, going up forward to put through a clutch goal and seal the win in the last.

1602493062288.png

From Qhampion Data ratings, it's evident that Marlowe closed in a little of Filth this past week, but Filth still maintains a very substantial lead.

Q: The Bears are in a precarious finals position now on the edge of the eight. Do you think they can recover their early season form?

KP: I always thought the Bears were pretenders. Their problem is that they play no defence, they needed to kick 18.3 last time to beat us and I knew they weren't gonna maintain that accuracy. They play too loose, they're too undisciplined, they're too bruise-free and seems some of their leaders don't show up when the game's there to be won. That's why at the Royals the #stackedsix is such a big part of our game.

Q: Moving onto this week, you face off against the ladder leading Swamprats who have not lost since Round 2 in a top of the table clash. How will this game go?

KP: No doubt the Swampies have displayed some impressive form, but we know how to beat them as we did in Round 1. The last few weeks they haven't been as convincing, but they managed to get over the line. I think we'll really take it to them in the first quarter aggressively, they are generally slow out of the blocks. We grab the initiative early and maintain it throughout the game just like Round 1.

Q: Which Swamprat do you guys most need to stop?

KP: I think GreyCrow has a big job to do against Ant Bear in the ruck. We're talking about a dude who sits down every Saturday night with about 6 packs of those jumbo fries from Oporto so he can mow through them while watching highlights of himself in Season 22 or something. He has a massive ego, if AB can't get his hands on the pill early he'll definitely get frustrated, the yelling and finger-pointing will start and our midfield can do some damage with the momentum. But it's not so much about who we need to stop, a more pertinent point will be how the Swamprats will stop a dozen Royal superstars on the field this week. They couldn't do it in Round 1.

[https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-swamprats-at-the-golden-throne-motr.1249592/]
In case you missed it, match threads are up early people. Get in the thick of it, it's the biggest game of the season to date.

Round 12

1603008178732.png

What happens when the irresistable force known as the Sin City Swamprats hits the immovable object the Gold City Royals?
We learn there is no such thing as an irresistable force.

1603008489528.png
Pictured: #stackedsix fullback Blacky easily accounts for Swamprats full forward SarahSmiles

The upcoming fortnight we've got milestones coming up, first nahnah's 100th game against his original club the Roys and then Paddles_ plays his 150th against the Demons.

(but it's Tuesday)

Q: Brilliant win in the top of the ladder clash on Sunday, the Royals are now top of the ladder and broke the Swamprats' 9-game winning streak. How did you see the game KP?

KP: A win for the ages, GreyCrow was fantastic around the ground with 2 goals. Blacky kept their full forward to donuts. We were 21 points down late in the third quarter and then we kick the last 6 goals to run over the top of them. The Filth Wizard had an inspirational performance with 4 of those goals in our late surge. #stackedsix kept the Swamprats to 2 points in the last. Back on top of the ladder where we belong.

1603163879187.png

As we can see, Qhampion Data ratings show a very even squad. Filthy leading from the front, Marlowe another solid game.

Q: The Royals have beaten the reigning premiers twice this season, they've only lost 3 games all season and have been dominant so far. Why do the you match up so well with the Swamprats?

KP: I think we're a far more complete team - across all lines. The #stackedsix are impenetrable, especially late in the game. We have the current leader in the Fred Medal and across the half forward line, CakeEater, Ulahoopski and ShaunDuggan rack up the marks and possessions and are very dangerous in setting up our forward entries. The midfield regularly steps up in pressure games and situations. I think the Swamprats have some cracks that have been papered over.

Q: Moving onto the next game, a trip to Brunswick Junction Oval awaits for the return match against the Roys. How will you look to get on top of them again?

KP: We destroyed them in the first quarter and set up the game from the outset. It was a cakewalk and given the Roys historically fall apart late in the season, I think there's no reason we can't do it again. In fact, on the road we concede only 66 points on average which is by any standards insanely good.

Q: You're celebrating 100th game by new recruit nahnah this season. What has nahnah brought to the Royals in Season 30?

KP: We missed the finals in Season 29, our only change is that we bring in nahnah and we're on top of the ladder at Round 12 with finals guaranteed. That just speaks for itself doesn't it? He's averaging 18 disposals, from the wing earlier in the season and recently at rover. He's providing great support for Marlowe and seamlessly fit into our dynamic midfield. I think we'll be celebrating his milestone game against the Roys just like we did Marlowe's in Round 2.

[https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...s-ffc-vs-gold-city-royals-at-the-bjo.1250030/ ]
Get in the thread and tell Mobbs he's a troglodyte if you haven't already.

(but it's Tuesday)

Q: Brilliant win in the top of the ladder clash on Sunday, the Royals are now top of the ladder and broke the Swamprats' 9-game winning streak. How did you see the game KP?

KP: A win for the ages, GreyCrow was fantastic around the ground with 2 goals. Blacky kept their full forward to donuts. We were 21 points down late in the third quarter and then we kick the last 6 goals to run over the top of them. The Filth Wizard had an inspirational performance with 4 of those goals in our late surge. #stackedsix kept the Swamprats to 2 points in the last. Back on top of the ladder where we belong.

View attachment 990242

As we can see, Qhampion Data ratings show a very even squad. Filthy leading from the front, Marlowe another solid game.

Q: The Royals have beaten the reigning premiers twice this season, they've only lost 3 games all season and have been dominant so far. Why do the you match up so well with the Swamprats?

KP: I think we're a far more complete team - across all lines. The #stackedsix are impenetrable, especially late in the game. We have the current leader in the Fred Medal and across the half forward line, CakeEater, Ulahoopski and ShaunDuggan rack up the marks and possessions and are very dangerous in setting up our forward entries. The midfield regularly steps up in pressure games and situations. I think the Swamprats have some cracks that have been papered over.

Q: Moving onto the next game, a trip to Brunswick Junction Oval awaits for the return match against the Roys. How will you look to get on top of them again?

KP: We destroyed them in the first quarter and set up the game from the outset. It was a cakewalk and given the Roys historically fall apart late in the season, I think there's no reason we can't do it again. In fact, on the road we concede only 66 points on average which is by any standards insanely good.

Q: You're celebrating 100th game by new recruit nahnah this season. What has nahnah brought to the Royals in Season 30?

KP: We missed the finals in Season 29, our only change is that we bring in nahnah and we're on top of the ladder at Round 12 with finals guaranteed. That just speaks for itself doesn't it? He's averaging 18 disposals, from the wing earlier in the season and recently at rover. He's providing great support for Marlowe and seamlessly fit into our dynamic midfield. I think we'll be celebrating his milestone game against the Roys just like we did Marlowe's in Round 2.

[https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...s-ffc-vs-gold-city-royals-at-the-bjo.1250030/ ]
Get in the thread and tell Mobbs he's a troglodyte if you haven't already.
how good

Round 13

1603709646493.png

Not the result we were looking for. This week is Paddles_ ' 150th, he's the closest Royal to ever get to the Mobbs Medal or any Qooty related award. Let's get him a win.

PS Holy s**t he's got 150 games, feels like yesterday that I randomly tagged him into Quiv's recruitment drive thread for the Wolves when he was announcing the signing of players that were already on his list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back