Racing The Golden Eagle 2019

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Missed the start and beaten 2.3 lengths in the Silver Eagle. Broke the track record at Eagle Farm over 1400m in the Fred Best 1.22.06 (since beaten by Trekking in the Stradbroke 1:21.86). Had the golden ticket with the light weight into the Stradbroke after the Fred Best, but the Snowdens decided to target this race. Been taken along with great care. Ignore at your own peril.
i thought he was the best 3yo male after QLD but he has been ordinary this prep.... as for the track record.. they haven't had many races since they reopened, would take that with a grain of salt

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Ahh yes the Fred Best - one of the time honored hunting ground of Australian champion thoroughbreds.

The fact it couldn't get within 2 lengths of the winner in the B-grade qualifier is enough for me to put a line through it.
Previous winners of the Fred Best in the past 25 years include
- Chief de Beers
- Staging
- Mr Innocent
- Gold Edition
- La Montagna
- Skilled
- Mental

Previous winners of the Fred Best in the past 25 years include
- Chief de Beers
- Staging
- Mr Innocent
- Gold Edition
- La Montagna
- Skilled
- Mental

True champions of the Australian turf

Plenty of Golden Eagle winning types amongst this lot

1572332286819.png

Interesting. How many champions of the turf have won the Golden Eagle?

Solid retort :thumbsu:

Personally I would be dissapointed if a $7 million dollar race like this is won by Military Zone - especially given there are a few other classy gallopers in the race.

Pinnell

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
Richmond
AFL Club
Carlton
Solid retort :thumbsu:

Personally I would be dissapointed if a $7 million dollar race like this is won by Military Zone - especially given there are a few other classy gallopers in the race.
Lightly raced. Could well have been a group 1 winner, or at least placegetter already had he raced in the Stradbroke. Gelding who has plenty of racing ahead to become known as a quality galloper. But I’m biased. A mate is an owner.

Lightly raced. Could well have been a group 1 winner, or at least placegetter already had he raced in the Stradbroke. Gelding who has plenty of racing ahead to become known as a quality galloper. But I’m biased. A mate is an owner.

Yeah but he squibbed it so he isnt and he is ACTUALLY a Group 3 3yo who has looked borderline black type so far as an older horse.

I thought there must be some ownership link - would struggle to see anyone tipping it on exposed form.

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
It’s a pretty decent field, personally I would want to be getting more than ‘pretty decent’ for a $7.5 million age restricted race. How on earth does RNSW think $7.5m on this, $1m for the Bondi and potentially $2m for a B-grade sprint race in the Redzel is a good use of money? How can they look at those 3 fields over the space of 2 weekends and justify the ridiculous $$?

This is what us punters are being taxed more than ever for. This is where our money goes. The game truly is gone.

Haha! You reckon they wouldn’t have liked a shot at million $ group 1?

Well if that's the case I'd be ropeable with Snowden - he has thrown away a Group 1 that MZ only had to turn up in to bolt in, to save him for this race - but he has come back looking very plain - what a waste!!!

I've had a tiny nibble EW BEAT LE BON at $71/$17 for the lols - probs won't be anywhere near good enough but is the highest rated raider and already has a couple of wins to his name in big field handicap so may be the rare raider that enjoys the hustle and bustle of 17 horses around Rosehill.

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Definitely cant take AQ at $2.80 especially in a 17 horse field.. i will be more interested to see what happens closer to the race.

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
I've had a tiny nibble EW BEAT LE BON at $71/$17 for the lols - probs won't be anywhere near good enough but is the highest rated raider and already has a couple of wins to his name in big field handicap so may be the rare raider that enjoys the hustle and bustle of 17 horses around Rosehill.
Prob run a drum the way the locals have gone this year 😂

Back