List Mgmt. The Goldstein Preuss Issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldy is an average ruckman these days, on a huge wage, with years to run on that contract.

He's essentially steaknives now because of his contract size, we will be lucky to get 50% of it off the books.

Goldy is an average ruckman these days, on a huge wage, with years to run on that contract.

He's essentially steaknives now because of his contract size, we will be lucky to get 50% of it off the books.
Dogs mabie would be the side willing to give up a first for him. Would be a good fit for them till english fills out and while still in there window.

Wada freo Sydney WC dogs Geelong and hawthorn would all be interested IMO.
A fit Goldy would be an upgrade on all there rucks.

On Nicnat please. In his current form he aint no upgrade on Big boy McEvoy either. Besides Hawthorn don't have a 1st rounder this year.

Had been thinking the same thing today, we wont get much given the huge contract. Still unless he pulls his finger out id take those steak knives and play Preuss. Why oh why didnt we trade him last year, i was pleading! And Swallow the year before, although i was quieter on that one. Too many on this board cant see a thing until its obvious to the world, of course by then its too late.

Goldys good games still see him as a top 5 ruckman.

His inconsistency is the real issue.

If a trade were on the tables then I could see Richmond possibly showing interest, provided we picked up a solid chunk of his contract.

Are we playing him so he retains some sought of currency? I think other list managers would be aware of his struggles this season anyway. I think we would be better served working on the Preuss/Daw combo for the rest of the year. If Goldy cannot attract a second rounder then leave him on the list as a back-up, which is about where his form is at atm.

Dogs mabie would be the side willing to give up a first for him. Would be a good fit for them till english fills out and while still in there window.

No one is giving up a first rounder for him. It would be a "here's a later pick, we'll pick up his contract" sort of scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a typical example of a (great) player seriously out of form.

Unless you're Ian Baker-Finch or you've done an Achilles, you don't lose your ability overnight.

It's an absolute tragedy that this guy, who had infinite Richard's only months ago, has been left to play in the 1's when he should've been demoted to find form/get over injuries/or seek counselling. Hey.. even 'invent' an injury to keep the Ambulance chasers away and protect the big guys state of mind.

It's either very bad decision making at the selection table (backing him in every game) or it's Goldy's sheer stubbornness (telling the medicos and selection committee he's 100% physically and mentally ready every game) someone is wrong and it's hurting everyone.

I still reckon he has some seriously good footy left in him, but the longer it takes to send him back and get his head/body right the smaller the window is to prove that.

Just going thru the motions is Goldy. The moment the siren rang he was having a chuckle and a handshake. No raw emotion there, suggests he is either disconnected with the team and coaches, doing the minimum required, or saving himself for a shift of clubs as is being touted.

So we have Preuss who doesn't have a full tank. And we have Goldy who doesn't have a full ticker. What comes first? Tank or ticker? :drunk:

Goldy is soft and has a huge contract. Waite is pushing 35. Hansen is ooc and ufa (so would be praying for Nathan Buck$ to get a renewal).

Play Pruess and Maj (who is contracted to 2019).

Wood can always play 3rd tall or push up to the wing.

And we have Mckay, Larkey, Durdin, Neilson developing and need games.

It's this simple:

Drop Goldy and give game time to Preuss - he is our future and has proven capable of being a star ruckman.
We do not want Preuss to get frustrated and leave due to a lack of opportunity.

If GWS are interested in Goldy use him as part of a trade to secure Josh Kelly that way we don't have to waste our picks.

If they are also interested in Atley chuck him in as well.

Had been thinking the same thing today, we wont get much given the huge contract. Still unless he pulls his finger out id take those steak knives and play Preuss. Why oh why didnt we trade him last year, i was pleading! And Swallow the year before, although i was quieter on that one. Too many on this board cant see a thing until its obvious to the world, of course by then its too late.
Don't worry about this board seeing this too late, we're years ahead of the club at the things

Here's a typical example of a (great) player seriously out of form.

Unless you're Ian Baker-Finch or you've done an Achilles, you don't lose your ability overnight.

It's an absolute tragedy that this guy, who had infinite Richard's only months ago, has been left to play in the 1's when he should've been demoted to find form/get over injuries/or seek counselling. Hey.. even 'invent' an injury to keep the Ambulance chasers away and protect the big guys state of mind.

It's either very bad decision making at the selection table (backing him in every game) or it's Goldy's sheer stubbornness (telling the medicos and selection committee he's 100% physically and mentally ready every game) someone is wrong and it's hurting everyone.

I still reckon he has some seriously good footy left in him, but the longer it takes to send him back and get his head/body right the smaller the window is to prove that.
Sound like a familiar process? See document NMFC_Selection Process_Petrie Exemption Policy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back