List Mgmt. The Goldstein Preuss Issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Sound like a familiar process? See document NMFC_Selection Process_Petrie Exemption Policy
Spot on.
Im not into putting this eloquently, I dont think Goldie gives one ****.

Should've traded and committed to rebuilding.
I was on that bandwagon but got hosed down. A top 10 pick beckoned (imagine if we got GC's future first rounder how valuable that would be with the Kelly situation at the end of the year) but that's hindsight for ya..

i dont understand the argument re Preuss' lack of tank. Sure I understand if he had to ruck solo all day - but he would ruck for at most 60-70% of the game - Majak for the rest. These guys can do this comfortably.

The key issue is that we had to drop another 'tall' to make room for the twin ruck approach. With Lachie now out we have achieved that.

Maybe two years ago. Certainly not last year.

IMO Richmond would've thrown the kitchen sink at us if we floated Goldy to them after the season last year, they believe they're in the pocket.

Instead they went and grabbed a 2nd stringer for a 3rd rounder and he's performing better than Goldy..

Goldstein was abysmal when the game was on the line.
Campbell won every contest that mattered.
Actually he was pathetic was Todd.
The only hitout we won was when Majak put it down the throat of Higgins to level it.

* off Todd

Goldy is an average ruckman these days, on a huge wage, with years to run on that contract.

He's essentially steaknives now because of his contract size, we will be lucky to get 50% of it off the books.
Ands who's fault is that? Our midfield is sh1te and when he was doing what he really did best covered over the cracks of the lack of genuine class we really had in the guts.

Our list needs a total redo......there's about 12 players in the seniors that are keepers I think.

His basketball nous tied into his tapwork was good but the rest was ordinary........and we threw huge coin his way when Ive stated numerous times there's a glut of big men wanting to be number 1 at any club.

When I come to Melb ( during footy season) I want every person who smashed me from pillar to post buy me a beer.

I'll be that pickled I wouldnt be able to leave the country......

Its in his head....Ive said this all along.....when he has his head in the right spot he is AA quality, but he is mentally frail.

No issue Goldstein is a shadow of h self time for Preuess and Daw . :thumbsu:

When I come to Melb ( during footy season) I want every person who smashed me from pillar to post buy me a beer.

I'll be that pickled I wouldnt be able to leave the country......

Its in his head....Ive said this all along.....when he has his head in the right spot he is AA quality, but he is mentally frail.
You'd die of alcohol intoxication.

But at least you'd go out feeling vindicated and knowing you were correct.

IMO Richmond would've thrown the kitchen sink at us if we floated Goldy to them after the season last year, they believe they're in the pocket.

Instead they went and grabbed a 2nd stringer for a 3rd rounder and he's performing better than Goldy..

They didn't though did they? And if you think Goldy wasn't floated last off season, then you are believing way too much spin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately we have made scapegoats of Swallow and Thomas who were in poor form but BS hasnt got the kuhunnas to go any further. TG is in worse form than the other 2 put together and has felt NO consequences and herein lies the problem. Paid big dollars, under performing and no issues and wont be dropped, what does that show to the rest of the team....FAVORITES, FAVORITES, FAVORITES. Obviously has pictures of the coach doing something he shouldnt be or something there can be no other reason for this continual blind obsession not to drop him and bring in a bloke who gives a DAMN. If we lose Preuss because of this stubborn idiot coach I will spew up

Unfortunately we have made scapegoats of Swallow and Thomas who were in poor form but BS hasnt got the kuhunnas to go any further. TG is in worse form than the other 2 put together and has felt NO consequences and herein lies the problem. Paid big dollars, under performing and no issues and wont be dropped, what does that show to the rest of the team....FAVORITES, FAVORITES, FAVORITES. Obviously has pictures of the coach doing something he shouldnt be or something there can be no other reason for this continual blind obsession not to drop him and bring in a bloke who gives a DAMN. If we lose Preuss because of this stubborn idiot coach I will spew up

Maybe it's not all of the coaches decision? I think this week we will see if he is a favourite of Todd's or not. IMO, Brad will drop Todd and bring in Preuss.

Goldys good games still see him as a top 5 ruckman.

His inconsistency is the real issue.

If a trade were on the tables then I could see Richmond possibly showing interest, provided we picked up a solid chunk of his contract.

Really? I think the Tiges are happy with Nankervis and won't even be looking at a ruckman at all. Nankervis is still young and improving.

No one is giving up a first rounder for him. It would be a "here's a later pick, we'll pick up his contract" sort of scenario.

Geelong will as Chris Scott will love nothing more than to get one over his brother again. He'll back himself to get Goldy back to his best. They'll take the whole contract too.

Just going thru the motions is Goldy. The moment the siren rang he was having a chuckle and a handshake. No raw emotion there, suggests he is either disconnected with the team and coaches, doing the minimum required, or saving himself for a shift of clubs as is being touted.

So we have Preuss who doesn't have a full tank. And we have Goldy who doesn't have a full ticker. What comes first? Tank or ticker? :drunk:

What do you expect when the coach is doing the same thing.

For what? They were invested in getting Prestia and then Caddy.
Yes they were but at least one of them would've been on the scrap heap if we waived Goldy in front of their face. All through 2016 they were screaming out for a top line ruckman, and lets be honest, Goldy at the top of his game is a gun ruckman and a midfielder rolled into one.

In what was considered a 'quiet' year by his standards, he averaged 37 HO's, (2nd in AFL) 14 disposals, 3 marks and nearly a goal a game in 2016.

Nankervis has been a half decent pick up for them but again, all in hindsight.

Yes they were but at least one of them would've been on the scrap heap if we waived Goldy in front of their face. All through 2016 they were screaming out for a top line ruckman, and lets be honest, Goldy at the top of his game is a gun ruckman and a midfielder rolled into one.

In what was considered a 'quiet' year by his standards, he averaged 37 HO's, (2nd in AFL) 14 disposals, 3 marks and nearly a goal a game in 2016.

Nankervis has been a half decent pick up for them but again, all in hindsight.

Fair enough, I think you're creating a market that wasn't there. They were into Prestia for 12 months and it still took two weeks to convince them to part with pick six in that trade.

They had plenty of problems in 2016, not just in the ruck.

Fair enough, I think you're creating a market that wasn't there. They were into Prestia for 12 months and it still took two weeks to convince them to part with pick six in that trade.

They had plenty of problems in 2016, not just in the ruck.

Choosing between Prestia and Goldstein over who to spend pick 6 on is a no brainer. You go with Prestia obviously. Maybe you would consider giving up pick 24 for Goldstein instead of Caddy. That was close enough to Goldy's trade value last year. This year it will be much lower.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back