Review The good and the wallpaper - Rd 23, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Owned? Jacobs got 34 hit outs to Lobbe's 35. Jacobs 13 possessions to Lobbe's 9. Wow! Smashed him!

can't say I looked at the stats but from watching the game I though Lobbe won the centre bounces convincingly each time and pretty much gave Cripps first use every time

both of their work around the ground was completely negligible so not even worth bringing up

i just didn't think Jacobs played well at all

can't say I looked at the stats but from watching the game I though Lobbe won the centre bounces convincingly each time and pretty much gave Cripps first use every time

both of their work around the ground was completely negligible so not even worth bringing up

You are correct imo, and the fact that in a game that we won by 100, Jacobs managed to break even with a potato that is not a first choice ruckman at the TWO AFL clubs paying his salary, and we lost clearances as part of that, if definitive proof Jacobs is cooked. Completely and utterly cooked. If we don't get another mature ruckman for next year I can't see how we are going to be able to compete against the better teams, regardless of the quality of the rest of our list / hopefully better injury list we may have

I thought he played alright. He hasn't been a good tap ruckman for a long time. Certainly didn't let the other guy dominate and was better around the ground. Cripps is gonna win the ball no matter the ruckman.

I agree his time is pretty much up though.

After Gooch's 4 bounce run last night, I thought 2 things. One, Cameron was never quite composed enough to do that. Two, imagine if we still had Cameron, I would say he woulda learnt a lot off Gooch, but then, even just in his own right, imagine having him and Gooch up forward. Imagine having Gooch, Betts and Cameron as your last 3 forwards. Just kick it to open ground in the forward line and let them run on to it! The defending team would hate having that prospect.

Not sure if it showed on the TV broadcast, but a big part of that goal was Riley Knight gut running towards goal ahead of Gooch, drawing his player so he always had the option and was never under pressure. Fantastic team goal that had my Carlton member mate sitting next to me saying what a beautiful passage of football that was, especially compared to the rubbish they served up.

I thought he played alright. He hasn't been a good tap ruckman for a long time. Certainly didn't let the other guy dominate and was better around the ground. Cripps is gonna win the ball no matter the ruckman.

I agree his time is pretty much up though.
If we're drawing the line at 'didn't let the other guy dominate' when the other guy is lobbe we've reached retirement status.

I think he went okay. As far as Cripps goes, he won about an equal amount of both ruckmen's taps. Good footballer. The point is that you said Lobbe gave Jacob's a football lesson and that is not the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back