Review The good and the wallpaper - Rd 23, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

When Jenkins is played as the primary key forward he actually looks like a key forward.
One of few success stories this year. Even though it was Carlton I was happy to see him kick a bag.

One thing that’s been consistent with Pyke is that he has improved the list year on year with the club and is in a great draft and potentially trade position for this offseason.

We’ve gone from having no depth 3 seasons ago to scoring the highest 2018 AFL score, away, with at least half a dozen depth players and third string captain.

I realise some people on here are about the rebuild, but cannot see any good to come from this. I think a game like last night shows that we have the right team, but tactically we are falling behind the rest of the pack. Pyke clearly has had a positive impact on the playing group, just needs to translate that to the coaching group.

Himmelberg very promising. Tired in the second half, but a great first goal. Lots to work with
That's why it was so important to play him. Memories of that second half will drive him in every running session during the preseason.

Well, I thought CEY was excellent again tonight. He got clean takeaways and gave many decisive handballs, and his influence was better than Crouch. Not very many disposals went to the oppo.
He not only looks like a beast, but has started to include this in his play: at one stage he monster-tackled someone, threw them to the ground, while simultaneously stripping the ball.
Maybe not a popular opinion, but we would be stupid to show him the door now: he's much more value to us than what we would get for him. I trust that the AFC shares my opinion and that of the commentators!
I was at the game and Ellis Yolmen was a massive turn over merchant. I agree though his body work and ability to get the ball out of congestion was really good but to suggest his disposal was good you really need to watch a replay. There were several horrendous turn overs in no pressure situations. Against a good team we'd have been punished brutally for those ones.

bad
supporters writing off players on the back of 1 poor season and saying their are cooked instead of doing research

Shaz2012 said:
Tex has 3 years after this year?? I’d be surprised if he lasted that long.

My response
2015 23 games- 59 goals
2016 23 games- 47 goals
2017 23 games-54 goals

way to early to be writing off the captain and a 50 goal forward on the back of 1 poor season due to no pre-season

Murray2503 said:
Talia is also a concern for me as he has been injury prone the last 2 years. Walker is the biggest concern. Needs a massive 2019 otherwise he needs to be traded or retire end of 2019.

my response
Talia is not injury prone he has missed 5 games in the last 3 seasons 4 of them this year.
Good post, Tex clearly playing with a foot injury. The whole club needs to take a look at itself and stop playing him if he's hurt as he just doesn't offer enough. As for Talia, I'm of the opinion we need to try rest him a match every 4 weeks or so as come finals time he's always very banged up so surely we could manage his body just a fraction over the year to try keep him fresher for finals (should we be in contention.)

That's why it was so important to play him. Memories of that second half will drive him in every running session during the preseason.
Great point. Can't simulate running out an AFL game. Now he knows.

Apart from his Hollywood moment, was happy to see his smarts on show too. 2 goal assists, one a very sharp handpass to set up Gallucci, was a good example of his football brain.

It's his agility and smarts, for a player of that size, that will drive his career.

Apart from his Hollywood moment, was happy to see his smarts on show too. 2 goal assists, one a very sharp handpass to set up Gallucci, was a good example of his football brain.

It's his agility and smarts, for a player of that size, that will drive his career.
People really should listen to us about our sanfl depth players, shouldn’t they :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct and there looks to be some great talent. I can understand why the club doesn't run too many of them in a game. For as good as Himmelburg showed, he was had it by the second half and seemed to only be able to operate in small bursts. When you are still trying to make finals, there are only so many first year players that can fit in a team.

Well, I thought CEY was excellent again tonight. He got clean takeaways and gave many decisive handballs, and his influence was better than Crouch. Not very many disposals went to the oppo.
He not only looks like a beast, but has started to include this in his play: at one stage he monster-tackled someone, threw them to the ground, while simultaneously stripping the ball.
Maybe not a popular opinion, but we would be stupid to show him the door now: he's much more value to us than what we would get for him. I trust that the AFC shares my opinion and that of the commentators!

CEY is one of our players capable of starring against witch's hats and disappearing against good opposition. Trade for mine.

That kick for Jenkins to run on to was very clever given first game

Is Galluci still eligible for rising star nomination as he’d have to be a chance after last night
For a key forward on debut 13 possessions with kf them contested and one clearance is a pretty good debut. Berg could go close.

Needed a couple of more goals to get the nomination though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I didn't watch the second half, so didn't get to see Milera on the ball. How was he?

As much as I love him, I still think he is slightly too outside leaning for that centre bounce work. But alas I didn't see when he actually played there, so I'm hoping he played the role well.

For a key forward on debut 13 possessions with kf them contested and one clearance is a pretty good debut. Berg could go close.

Needed a couple of more goals to get the nomination though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
So that’s a no for Galluci? 17 touches 4 goals is a handy return

Kicked a great first goal, it wasnt gift wrapped as a lot of first goals in a career tend to be. He had to work hand singlehandedly to maintain possession and composure with a defender hot on his heels, then checkside it from an angle. Great goal. Arguably one of the best goals of the night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back