News The Good Oil

Remove this Banner Ad

Without a doubt but with him being a good 80k more expensive than Cotchin/Deledio/Pendlebury etc it's about whether you think he will still score considerably more than those guys and whether or not that 80k is worth spending somewhere else. It's well worth looking into.
It's definitely worth looking into and pretty risk, despite what i said in my previous post the more i think about it the more question marks i've got over him, no idea what i'm going to do now.

Haha, yeah I can understand a different role & moderate preseason score(s) dividing opinion(s).

Just had to chuck it in there, love that phrase. :D

Ablett is in for me until he proves otherwise (2 week probation)

This!

With 2 trades per round you can start with Ablett and if he isn't performing or is only averaging scores around the same mark as Pendles, Cotch, Lids then downgrade him.

I was looking through his stats, i presumed that he played in this new rule in the game yesterday and got 94 yes i know it was only a practice match but to his standards that's not overly high, especially once you consider he got 130 when they played last year.

I think the fact it was a practice match is a big thing here, bigger rests on the sideline and more time up forward than will happen in the season imo.
In the first four minutes, Gaz had three kicks, a handball, a tackle and a goal. Hes a lock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol yeah because the Bennel/Swallow/O'Mearas brigade which has about as much physical presence as a sapling will be able to hold up to the big AFL midfields - gary will be in the guts, 2 minutes into the first game when they're down by 18 instantaneously
Have you seen the size of Swallow now? Bulked up considerably.
O'Meara is no weed for his age either.
But I agree with you, Gary won't spend too much time up forward :thumbsu:

Lol yeah because the Bennel/Swallow/O'Mearas brigade which has about as much physical presence as a sapling will be able to hold up to the big AFL midfields - gary will be in the guts, 2 minutes into the first game when they're down by 18 instantaneously

You're forgetting Broughton: The Game Changer.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-19/now-or-never-for-tambling

Some mixed news.

"Richard Tambling trained the house down today…he can't do much more to impress the coaching staff, the work he's done this summer has been outstanding and he's going to get his opportunity this year," Sanderson said.
"He needs to have a big season, a contract season, and I'm sure he's going to play well...I think sometimes in his endevours to impress us, he sometimes pulls the trigger on kicks that no one can kick.

"He won't play this week but he's one I think will play a lot of footy this year for us."

So basically, all good news until he says that he won't be playing this week.

Then on Brad Crouch:

"Crouchy's been waiting for a long time, he was here for the 12 months last season and there were times I would a have loved to have played him last year," he said.

"At times last year with his form in the local competition, he was in our best 22, we couldn't play him.

"There's going to be times this year where he just bashes the door down demanding that we play him, whether that's this week or next week or in round 10, I'm sure it's going to come."

Once again all good news until he basically says he isn't a lock for round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back