The "good old" VFL days are over and there's nothing you can do about it

Remove this Banner Ad

gorilla92

Debutant
Aug 4, 2016
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Face it, grandpa. With each passing day, the relevance of the VFL and the "goold ol' days" becomes less and less. GWS becomes better and better. The percentage of non-Victorian teams grows. Transformation of the VFL to the AFL, a truly national league, becomes closer and closer. And there's nothing you can do about it except post on Bigfooty about how you miss kick to kick during half time.

You people are holding the AUSTRALIAN Football League back. You are the reason that the grand final is continuously and unfairly played at the MCG year after year. You are the reason that will still have an unnecessary high number of Victorian teams. One day, nobody will remember or care for the VFL. The grand final will be played at different venues around Australia. Non-Victorian teams will be treated better. The AFL will finally become a true national competition. And on that day, I will shed a tear of joy.

You people. The Victorians who went to the parade today. The parade which is one of the reasons why the grand final is still unfairly played at the MCG.
I went to the 2013 Grand Final as a Dockers "supporter" and was at the parade. Am I part of the problem?

Further to that, the parade is so low on the list of reasons the Grand Final is at the MCG that it is laughable.

You people. The Victorians who went to the parade today. The parade which is one of the reasons why the grand final is still unfairly played at the MCG.

Well maybe Perth should hold their own parade that draws in thousands of people regardless of whether a home team is playing or not. Maybe then you might have a point.

Well maybe Perth should hold their own parade that draws in thousands of people regardless of whether a home team is playing or not. Maybe then you might have a point.
Slightly OT but, with the location of the new stadium, a march from the city or Burswood would be exciting.

From this thread it sounds like you expect the grand final to be played elsewhere in the near future
Define near future. The grand final will be played outside of Victoria once the MCC deal expires in 2038, possibly even beforehand.

Face it, grandpa. With each passing day, the relevance of the VFL and the "goold ol' days" becomes less and less. GWS becomes better and better. The percentage of non-Victorian teams grows. Transformation of the VFL to the AFL, a truly national league, becomes closer and closer. And there's nothing you can do about it except post on Bigfooty about how you miss kick to kick during half time.

You people are holding the AUSTRALIAN Football League back. You are the reason that the grand final is continuously and unfairly played at the MCG year after year. You are the reason that will still have an unnecessary high number of Victorian teams. One day, nobody will remember or care for the VFL. The grand final will be played at different venues around Australia. Non-Victorian teams will be treated better. The AFL will finally become a true national competition. And on that day, I will shed a tear of joy.

"You will only take away my VFL from my COLD DEAD HANDS. Car'n the Blues and the Big Vee."

IMG_0932.jpg

Actually, the Grand Final is played at the MCG every year due to contractual obligations with the MCG, not because 'us' Victorians.

A minor fact you 'non-Victorians' seem to always conveniently forget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back