The "good old" VFL days are over and there's nothing you can do about it

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Subiaco should be condemned the place is a relic and you want to hold the main event of the footy year there? Adelaide Oval holds 50k, that'll go down well, no room for and any club supporters, corporates only. You want the game at Spotless like last week's Preliminary final? Please name these "bunch" of other venues.
Why you would bring Spotless in relation th the GF is beyond me. We do hope the celebrations are held near there next year but I'm sure celebrating next year is the wish of all clubs.

johndemonic

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Victorians themselves arent Victoria centric though. We tend to barrack for our own teams and if our team is not in the Grand Final we will barrack for whoever we dislike the least. That is not neccessarily a Victorian team.

Which leads back to your original point about some WA posters making the rest of you look like idiots. There is no intestate rivalrl fro mthe point of view of most Victorians. I dislike the Eagles no more or less than I dislike Richmond. For example. I have a list in my head from top to bottom of who i dislkike themost and its not geographical

That said....everybodys second favorite team, is the Doggies

WOOF WOOF

I'm the same, but I suspect the ex players and media commentary come from that fierce interstate rivalry background (80 & 90s) and commentate accordingly. Just look at the amount of Hawthorn bias over the last few years. The bogans that commentate are Vic-centric. It's obvious to anyone outside Vic. A lot of exposure that non-victorians get to victorians is through the media.

Last edited:

gorilla92

Debutant
Aug 4, 2016
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
You did well to get seven pages of discussion by adding no cogent argument for anything.
Typical Victorian bias. People, in 30 years, will look back at our current "Australian" Football League in the same manner that people look back at the treatment of African Americans circa the 1800s

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm the same, but I suspect the ex players and media commentary come from that fierce interstate rivalry background (80 & 90s) and commentate accordingly. Just look at the amount of Hawthorn bias over the last few years. The bogans that commentate are Vic-centric. It's obvious to anyone outside Vic. A lot of exposure that non-victorians get to victorians is through the media.

Try living in WA or SA and get news about a Vic team.

Does not happen.

seanbrathmor

Debutant
Jul 13, 2013
west of Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
[QUOT

Too small. Why? Because there won't be enough crowd noise coming from your TV to please your ears? This is the AFL grand final, a real sport. Not Wrestlemania.
I live in WA idiot, as it stands loads of Eagles members can't be arsed going to games, you couldn't even fill Subi to capacity for the elimination final.

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
200w.gif

Feb 25, 2016
KFC
AFL Club
Melbourne
MCG is the biggest stadium and is the most central for the league so we should keep it at the MCG. Can all interstate supporters get over it, there is no Vic bias or whatever, it's just soooo much more convenient and it makes more money for the league

SdKfz 181

Premiership Player
Jun 5, 2009
Blairgowrie
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Rovers | Napoli | Victory
Face it, grandpa. With each passing day, the relevance of the VFL and the "goold ol' days" becomes less and less. GWS becomes better and better. The percentage of non-Victorian teams grows. Transformation of the VFL to the AFL, a truly national league, becomes closer and closer. And there's nothing you can do about it except post on Bigfooty about how you miss kick to kick during half time.

You people are holding the AUSTRALIAN Football League back. You are the reason that the grand final is continuously and unfairly played at the MCG year after year. You are the reason that will still have an unnecessary high number of Victorian teams. One day, nobody will remember or care for the VFL. The grand final will be played at different venues around Australia. Non-Victorian teams will be treated better. The AFL will finally become a true national competition. And on that day, I will shed a tear of joy.
The GF will never move out of Victoria, nice try though.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
You people. The Victorians who went to the parade today. The parade which is one of the reasons why the grand final is still unfairly played at the MCG.
You've got a history of starting poorly thought out threads, one of which most recently questioned the legitimacy of Hawthorns 3 consecutive premiership wins, and also suggesting in 2007 that Geelong were lucky and WC 'should have' gone further in September that year. You also blamed Scott Lucas for derailing your finals campaign.

You my friend, are a big girls fanny.

Back