(Log in to remove this ad.)

SM

Bigfooty Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
Season 2 is better than Seaosn 1 imo
I dunno, there's something to be said for the simple brilliance of Season 1. I loved Season 2 too, but it has to get more convoluted to still be fresh and funny - which is fine, but simple is great.

Mr X

Club Legend
AFL Club
Geelong
Really liked the first couple of seasons. Season 2 did go into a holding pattern for a few episodes - but got going again fine.

IMO they have quite literally lost the plot in season 3 though. It is almost like they have had a series of guest writers that are told nothing about the overall plot, just who the chars these are.

Jason has become slightly overexposed. He is funny, but in smaller doses with snappy/stupid lines. He needs to revert back to thinking he has a vow of silence every now and then!

SM

Bigfooty Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
Really liked the first couple of seasons. Season 2 did go into a holding pattern for a few episodes - but got going again fine.

IMO they have quite literally lost the plot in season 3 though. It is almost like they have had a series of guest writers that are told nothing about the overall plot, just who the chars these are.

Jason has become slightly overexposed. He is funny, but in smaller doses with snappy/stupid lines. He needs to revert back to thinking he has a vow of silence every now and then!
Agreed. Season 3 has nose dived.

Abba Lonie

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NUFC, BHN, OKC
Not sure what the end game is but if this was one of those UK short run shows this would be the last season.

Andre

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure what the end game is but if this was one of those UK short run shows this would be the last season.
Unless they are planning a season 4, I assume by helping others without expectation of reward it is a loophole that gets them the points to get into The Good Place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DapperDon

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Essendon
This season has been awful. Just awful.

It's turned into a team Quantum Leap weekly show, but without the awesome Sam Beckett.

I think i'm done with it if it goes another season

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
This season has been awful. Just awful.

It's turned into a team Quantum Leap weekly show, but without the awesome Sam Beckett.

I think i'm done with it if it goes another season
If you didn't like Chidi's meltdown episode or Pillboi/Donkey Doug you're impossible to please.

drd23

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
IMO the list of best to worst episodes this season is 5 > 1/2 (opening double episode) > 8 > 7 >> 6 > 4 > 3

It's been a very uneven season overall and can understand why some aren't liking it as much but the degree of pessimism from some is a little confusing to me

DapperDon

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Essendon
If you didn't like Chidi's meltdown episode or Pillboi/Donkey Doug you're impossible to please.
Chidi meltdown episode is every episode.

His break up episode was horrible, it's obvious the writers have no idea what to do and are just filling air time now.

Season 1 and 2 I enjoyed and will watch again, but this season just when completely to shit, for me, I'm not one of those people that will tell other people what to enjoy. (nor will I keep posting for pages how much I hate the season either so I think i'll leave it at that and not ruin the thread for those still enjoying)

Top Bottom