FTA-TV The Good Place - Netflix

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I loved Season 1 of this show. The concept, the writing, the characters were top drawer.

Season 2 still quality but not quite to the same level.

Season 3 they stretched the plot a little too far. Jason's stupidity got annoying. Tahani's name dropping was predictable. I did like Stephen Merchant's cameo. Also season 3 needed more Bad Janet.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I can't remember whats going on at all lol. I know they're doing a test, something about the bad place rigging the numbers so that no-one gets into the good place any more - what exactly is the goal for Elleanor & co. again? And why did they re-set Chidi but no-one else?

I've never understood why they don't just cast an Aussie instead of getting someone to do a terrible accent.

So much this. Like, just grab any aussie off the street and it would be less off-putting than a yank actor who can't do the accent to save themselves.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
I can't remember whats going on at all lol. I know they're doing a test, something about the bad place rigging the numbers so that no-one gets into the good place any more - what exactly is the goal for Elleanor & co. again? And why did they re-set Chidi but no-one else?
From wiki:
Michael then tries to convince Gen that because good deeds have more and more unintended bad consequences, it's impossible to earn enough points to get into the Good Place. To test Chidi's theory that humans can improve if external factors are removed, a new simulated Good Place neighborhood is built which will be populated with four new deceased human test subjects.
The goal for Eleanor et al is to not get sent to the Bad Place by proving that their improvement is legit and that the points they generated while on Earth are irrelevant because the system is ****ed. And they reset Chidi because he thinks his previous feelings for Simone will corrupt the experiment and doom them all

So much this. Like, just grab any aussie off the street and it would be less off-putting than a yank actor who can't do the accent to save themselves.
She's English, but your point still stands. The thing is, for some reason they seem to thing her accent is good :oops:

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
From wiki:

The goal for Eleanor et al is to not get sent to the Bad Place by proving that their improvement is legit and that the points they generated while on Earth are irrelevant because the system is f’ed. And they reset Chidi because he thinks his previous feelings for Simone will corrupt the experiment and doom them all

She's English, but your point still stands. The thing is, for some reason they seem to thing her accent is good :oops:

Thanks, last season seems like so long ago.

I didn't even have Simone in mind, was more meaning bit parts and extras - that's where the accent is routinely terrible imo, in every show. Preacher this season seem to be the exception, think they've cast real aussies for all speaking roles.

Yeah, don't understand the love for Simone's character but then again I am one of those that will protest if it Eleanor and Chidi don't get together by the finale.

Still a good show but definitely on its last legs, it's the right call to make this the last season. Don't think anything can top the twist at the end of S1.

I didn't realise there was love for Simone's character

The subreddit for TGP does. Along with Derek and Pimento on Brooklyn 9-9 (I just don't really 'get' Jason Mantzoukas' humour I suppose, only good in small doses for me).

Anyway, I think it's a good concept mostly executed well and the central six characters really carry it. Will still be sad to see it end but better that it ends on a high than stretching it out.

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Fantastic finale. Second half of season 4 was a bit meh but they finished it well.

Somehow thought that guy picking it up out of the trash was Eleanor's alternative life as a guy for some reason.

Picked Tahani becoming an architect after about 30 seconds.

That Tahani/Eleanor moment in the mansion was my favourite.

Back