FTA-TV The Good Place - Netflix

treating the concept of good and bad as externally objective for starters. Never questions what is good and what is bad.
Doesn't it? How much of it have you watched? That's literally the plot of the last episode.

Think you missed the point. Im complaining that the show takes an immature Kantian approach to morality.

Who gives a f***? It is a fictitious comedy T.V. program that nobody is watching to learn about moral concepts and discussions around morality.

what do we watch it for. it certainly aint comedy. It must have the worst comedy writers in hollywood.
if you don't like it you could just post in another thread as you'd obviously stop watching a show you don't like and therefore would have nothing to contribute to the discussion

Sep 8, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Awesome show, think I enjoyed it a bit more with a binge watch of the first season. Week to week kills The momentum a bit for me.

Lurve Kristen Bell, the reason I gave it a shot to begin with. The partner calls her my other gf haha (and watched for ted danson too)

Interested to see where they take this show in the future

stringerbell

Cancelled
Apr 21, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
treating the concept of good and bad as externally objective for starters. Never questions what is good and what is bad.

Um... they are in a place literally called The Good Place and there's another literally called The Bad Place, good and bad have been clearly set up as objective within the universe of the show.

Lets not pretend like you've read Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Morals as well

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Um... they are in a place literally called The Good Place and there's another literally called The Bad Place, good and bad have been clearly set up as objective within the universe of the show.

Lets not pretend like you've read Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Morals as well
i know thats the setting for the show. its one of the reasons why it is morally shallow.

i know this. they make ordinary tv. all im pointing out is that this is ordinary tv.
So why watch and post about it?

You seem to go out of your way a lot to watch shows you don't enjoy. Why do it to yourself?

Just watch 2 and a half men on repeat and keep yourself happy

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
dont have a wife? They like you to spend time with them even if that means having to watch some of there crappy shows. I choose Good Place over worse shows.
I’m glad my wife likes The Good Place as much as I do. We have probably an 80-85% show overlap (both geeks), but I don’t expect her to watch shows she doesn’t like or vice versa. You’ve either got a markedly different personality to your spouse by the sound of it or given you like different shows, lack imagination to find other ways to spend time together (that aren’t NSFW).

"I just wish we met the way normal people meet, like at a philosophy conference, or after one of my philosophy lectures, or you came knocking on my office door asking for help with philosophy."

Not a laugh out loud episode, but interested to see where they go next season now. Ted Danson bartending was a great nod too.

98bmpu4ocqd01.jpg

All in for a Parks and Rec cameo next season.

Back