FTA-TV The Good Place - Netflix

Remove this Banner Ad

The ‘twist’ in the Finale was predictable, but still enjoyable. There wasn’t really any other way they could go, if they wanted a Season 3.

I do prefer shows finishing on a high, with you thinking ‘they might have been able to do another series’, then ‘They should have stopped a year or two earlier’. So much as I’m loving it, I hope the third season is the last (unless do have a decent way to put off them reaching The Good Place in the end).

Just found this thread. Love this show, binged it over Christmas until we caught up. Had Season 1 half spoiled for me before I even watched it but still loved it (the dreaded "This show is great, it has a huge twist at the end of season 1!")

Kristen Bell being a stunner doesn't hurt, Ted Danson is awesome in everything, but the other 3 and Janet all play their characters perfectly too. Good fun show.

Bortles!

I'm about half way through season 2. Seriously binged this series.

I've always been a bit indifferent to Kristen Bell, but she is outstanding in this. Now I see that my indifference probably stems from roles where she hasn't been able to show her true capabilities.

The ‘twist’ in the Finale was predictable, but still enjoyable. There wasn’t really any other way they could go, if they wanted a Season 3.

I do prefer shows finishing on a high, with you thinking ‘they might have been able to do another series’, then ‘They should have stopped a year or two earlier’. So much as I’m loving it, I hope the third season is the last (unless do have a decent way to put off them reaching The Good Place in the end).

But I've felt this at the end of both seasons so far and loved both, so still think there's plenty they can do.

But I've felt this at the end of both seasons so far and loved both, so still think there's plenty they can do.
I think season 3 will be good, but season 1 - think it's the Good Place, season 2 - trying to get to the Good Place, season 3 - Back on earth. I'm not sure where a season 4 could go that doesn't go over ground already trodden. If it can be done well, then I won't complain, I just have my doubts.

I think season 3 will be good, but season 1 - think it's the Good Place, season 2 - trying to get to the Good Place, season 3 - Back on earth. I'm not sure where a season 4 could go that doesn't go over ground already trodden. If it can be done well, then I won't complain, I just have my doubts.

I agree I think 4 seasons is just about the limit, but as long as it's good and plausible, I'm enjoying it.

What do you actually think the 'twist' is?

Initially though it was just them getting a reset irl, but the prevailing theory seems to be that it's another simulation. Chidi speaking English being one such example of why.

Mike Schur is basically the comedy equivalent of David Simon. He'd know when to end it, and if there's going to be like 8 seasons of the show, I seriously doubt it'd ever dip significantly in quality.

I take back my original comment praising this show.

The direction they have taken it early in the 2nd season is ******* ******ed!
hang in there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you really have to watch a fair bit before making a call on it. I wasn't sure if I like it till about ep 5 from memory.

Not sure how anyone could think there aren't great jokes. Every show is packed with 'em, maybe coz a lot of them are a bit more subtle than you'd usually find on an American sitcom.

All caught up now, will be a long wait till season 3

PS. anyone catch the ad at the train station when they first get to the bad place?
PIRATES OF THE CARRIBBEAN 6
The haunted crows nest, or something
whatever, who gives a crap
now playing everywhere
FOREVER

:D

Interesting
Schur answers the burning question that fans of NBC’s afterlife comedy have been pondering since February’s Season 2 finale: Did Michael actually send Eleanor and her Good Place companions back to Earth, or was that just another simulation? “The four of them are straight-up back on Earth, in a new timeline where they didn’t die,” Schur reveals, adding that “a lot of the progress they have made as people has been sort of theoretical… it seemed like a natural move to send them back to a time before they made that progress, and to use the idea of nearly dying to test their ability to improve.”
https://tvline.com/2018/06/12/the-good-place-season-3-spoilers-eleanor-earth-chidi/

Three of them were actually Aussies (the muffin dude, the nurse and Tahani's assistant). The rest when terrible American versions of our accent, although I think only Ted Danson's was intentionally bad
Geeze the nurse sounded awful.

Started this tonight, just finished episode 4. Brilliant show!

It gets even better.

And to echo everyone in this thread, Ted Danson works well, Janet and Jason are so good, and Kristen Bell is f***ing hot.

Always on the lookout for good comedies and I was glad I stumbled on this one a couple of months ago.

It gets even better.

And to echo everyone in this thread, Ted Danson works well, Janet and Jason are so good, and Kristen Bell is f***ing hot.

Always on the lookout for good comedies and I was glad I stumbled on this one a couple of months ago.
Sure did, just finished ep 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back