Remove this Banner Ad

LDU jet
Larked with a bag
Curtis Taylor very solid game
Simpkin good again
Sleevo provided good run
Priority picks keep coming
No injuries

38 points. Good effort considering where Sydney are at. Pleased they played the game till the very end. Thats one improvement IMO. Happy to stuff Sydney's percentage as an added bonus.

We didn't see anything we haven't seen. More grit than most of the year when we would have seen a 100+ belting.

Just need to smart draft and bring in decent senior heads and next couple of years will be less painful.

Could have been worse tbh.

Our disposal and defence are very average. Umps didn’t help, but we are our own worse enemies.

We are playing with 2 men down with Walker and Ziebell.

Outs: Walker, Ziebell (I can dream), Stevo/Hall (can’t have 2 unaccountable defenders).

In: McKay, Comben and Perez

Need to keep Larkey and Cam together.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Acceptable. We were switched on for longer and better periods than earlier in the year, but we're playing more aggressively now so we get scored against more easily too. Mckay being out really bloody hurt us too. Still too much of a disconnect between our mids and forwards, and frankly I don't like how our forwards play in general. Too much out the back nonsense and not enough leading.

Nice to see Larkey get off the chain a little, and Goldy was doing great on the outside and intercepting. Sad to see Sleevo getting lost in his own head a couple of times after messing up. Not good enough from him, but I get it.

Could have been worse tbh.

Our disposal and defence are very average. Umps didn’t help, but we are our own worse enemies.

We are playing with 2 men down with Walker and Ziebell.

Outs: Walker, Ziebell (I can dream), Stevo

In: McKay, Comben and Perez

Need to keep Larkey and Cam together.

Why Stevo out? I was feeling very negative all day but Stephenson was one of the few bright spots - apart from THAT turnover.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Honestly thought that was an okay showing.

Frustrating that it's still feels like a blow out, but early on was great to watch, which is more than I can say for most performances this year.

Mackay out threw the defence into disarray.

Larks and LDU had great games.
Young and Curtis building.
Anderson played a good one.

Jaiden Stephenson had two utter shockers, compounded by him looking away as he berated himself. It took away from what was actually a pretty good game. He gives us the ability to slice through defensive zones instead of just kicking long to a contest which has been our go to. It's a work in progress, but it could work.

Why Stevo out? I was feeling very negative all day but Stephenson was one of the few bright spots - apart from THAT turnover.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
There were quite a few soft efforts besides that turnover. Hall was worse in the disposal stakes, so either out is fine. Can’t have hall and Stevo in the same backline, both two are too unaccountable and it hurts us.

Last edited:
I liked that the boys didn't go into their shells when the goals piled on and the loss was imminent, the effort was there all day and I don't think I saw that once for 4 quarters under Noble, so whatever Patch is saying its working.

However, we are still so so so far and away the worst developed and conditioned & drilled side in the comp by a Flemington straight. We have good moments, good passages of play and that right there is an indicator of what we can become if we had the right personnel and coach and a little bit of position tweaking with some correct trades. So if I'm Clarko i'd be looking at that and thinking 'yeah there's something there to work with' -- but that doesn't take away from the fact that from the VFL right up to the AFL we are bereft of depth, proper football smarts and strategy, along with everything else behind the scenes. We need someone to come in and address all of this, whoever that is, their work is cut out for them and would swallow most coaches whole.

Curtis Taylor is underrated.
LDU is really hitting his stride as a player.
Larkey was superb today and really switched on, lot of second efforts.
Paul Curtis should play every week with how well he's growing as a player.
Missed McKay's defence dearly.
Really loved Corrs game today, he was switched on and gave it a real crack.
Goldy just so above any ruckman with his around the ground abilities.

There was positives in this game, wasn't the usual flat boring dull unexcited low energy affair with the same shocking skills.

Jaiden Stephenson had two utter shockers, compounded by him looking away as he berated himself. It took away from what was actually a pretty good game. He gives us the ability to slice through defensive zones instead of just kicking long to a contest which has been our go to. It's a work in progress, but it could work.

Imo he gets the preseason and most of next year to settle there.

Made a bad blue in the Buddy turn over however significantly better option than any other kicking the ball out.

Hall missed multiple short kicks today, Luke is ok only for long down the line.

Sleevo clearly or deftest most attacking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back