Analysis The good, the bad and the ugly (Carlton)

Remove this Banner Ad

Positive:
Greenwood even though he's been quiet he's done 9 tackles and his contested possessions has been awesome
Tex's goal from 50 sucking in Docherty
Adelaide's first quarter
B.Crouch and M.Crouch

Negatives:
We are playing like a bottom 8 side
SO MANY PASSENGERS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we were awful and we still need to make major changes to even come close to winning a final this year.

Carrying too many SANFL-quality players as well. Beech, Kelly, Mackay. Need an injection of quality.

But I expect Don Pyke will make no changes whatsoever

B Crouch 7
Jenkins 7
Smith 6
M Crouch 6
Knight 6
Sloane 6
Betts 5
Laird 5
Lever 5
McGovern 5
Greenwood 4
Tex 3
Douglas 3
Brown 3
Beech 2
Atkins 2
Talia 2
Mackay 2
Jacobs 2
Hartigan 2
Kelly 2
Milera 2

So many droppable players. Those calling for Seedsman can probably expect similar output from him too, he's a 'play well if the teams playing well' player.

Crouch brothers both had 11 possessions in last quarter.
I haven't watched it yet, but sounds like they stood up when required.
Long bomb by JJ was crucial too.
Greenwood keeps looking like a very! good!!! AFL player :thumbsu:

EDIT: Tbh, I'm glad they ground out a win after being headed. VERY important to do that.

Douglas ok, Matt was ok but gave us a good line of comparison with an actual inside star in Cripps, Brad was an awful turnover merchant all game, Sloane played like he was being tagged without actually having the excuse, Greenwood was busy but didn't get it a lot, Milera, Atkins, Knight anonymous, Mackay was Mackay

Shitful game to watch.

Crouch brothers both had 11 possessions in last quarter.
I haven't watched it yet, but sounds like they stood up when required.

Brad nearly cost us the game in the last with a series of horrific and basic skill error turnovers

I thought we were awful and we still need to make major changes to even come close to winning a final this year.

Carrying too many SANFL-quality players as well. Beech, Kelly, Mackay. Need an injection of quality.

But I expect Don Pyke will make no changes whatsoever
Like to see Menzel, Seedsman and doedee in for those 3

The Good:
The four points
Brad Crouch best game of the season
I liked Greenwoods game.

The Bad:
Sauce was given a lesson and thats why they traded him to us. It wasn't some genius move on our part. It was common sense for Carlton.
Beech not AFL standard
David Mackay is still best 22 whether you like it or not.
Still no Sloane

The Ugly:
We are not a premiership contender. Still love our team and will support us all the way, but its just another season for us now.
McGovern and Lever still not signed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back