Toast The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree , can’t play CEY and greenwood in the same side. Cey needs to do a Lyons and go to another club to go to the next level. Sydney would be a good side for him . They were interested in him a few years ago, hope he gets a senior spot next year.

Lyons would have gone to that level at the Crows, or higher, if we kept him.

I thought Gallucci looked very neat and compact, with a low centre of gravity balance that reminded me a lot of dougie

I also thought Gov wasn’t far off it. Threw himself spectacularly at the ball a few times.

His timing is off but I thought there were signs that he wasn’t far away

Am expecting a breakout performance in the next week or 2
I hope you're right with this. I've been thinking the same thing too. I liked your description of Gallucci's running. Though I do hope he doesn't go to ground as much as Dougie used to.:)

Pyke admitted that their original plan was to bring in Hampton rather than Otten, but Hampton pulled up sore at training just before the teams were named
Is Hampton made of porcelain?

Thank christ for that.
Otten is a smart footballer with great skills and has a footy brain.

Can't ay the same about Hampton.

We dodged a bullet.
100th game coming up for Andy this week. Taken 11 seasons. A nice story of persistence from him and the club.

Talia was excellent vs Franklin. Back to his 2016 form after a down 2017.

Jacobs ruckwork much better. Roos said before the game it was important not to just tap it straight down, in close. That is Sydney's preferred method with their big slow bodies - and ours usually. But without the Crouches we had to alter it and we did.

Jenkins outstanding. Brought it to ground every time. Fought for the ball. Three clutch goals. Been an all or nothing season from him this year.

Walker looked so proppy chasing a few times but was still excellent. Kicking magnificent.

Seedsman and Atkins controlled their wings. Wide ground so plenty of space. Very important.

CEY and Greenwood brought their Richmond game.

Doedee was good in his 150th game.

Lynch still rusty but his workrate & involvement was back to a good level. Hasn't regained touch with his kicking yet.

I didn't see how we could possibly win with that team. Can't really remember a backs to the wall win from us away from home. Usually our best and bravest wins are at home. This is the sort of win you can draw on to build your culture.

Imagine if Andy had Hampton’s body

Thankfully he hasn't.

Otten attracts unwarranted criticism IMO, mostly because the match committe or the coaches get the structures wrong.
That doesnt make Otten a terrible footballer, sure he has bad games but he's not alone in that regard.

He reads the play beautifully, gets in the right positions, can take a grab and can play in defence and up forward....has a footbal brain and footy courage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morning all..

giphy.gif

Thankfully he hasn't.

Otten attracts unwarranted criticism IMO, mostly because the match committe or the coaches get the structures wrong.
That doesnt make Otten a terrible footballer, sure he has bad games but he's not alone in that regard.

He reads the play beautifully, gets in the right positions, can take a grab and can play in defence and up forward....has a footbal brain and footy courage.
So you don’t think he could do all that and more with a body that can run with some speed and mobility?

He was fine at the SCG but put him on the open spaces of the G and he’s a liability which is sad because I like him but his body isn’t up to it.

Not sure if posted already, but anyone know what a unit is??

11.18 Trainers(e) A Trainer shall not:(i) become involved in the play or interrupt the flow of play during any Match, including engaging in conduct which in any way provides an advantage to his Club or engaging in conduct which in any way provides a disadvantage to the opposing Club. Such conduct includes but is not limited to wiping the football or the boot of a Player or providing a towel to a Player for that purpose;
Sanction: Up to 40 Units, payable by the Club and/or a period of suspension to be determined by the General Manager - Football Operations.

We were back moving the ball quickly and aggressively. Looked much more like our 2017 style.

We'd been chip chip boring or up and under bombing the week before. Used it well last night. More please.

I just wanted to say well done, a very good win under difficult circumstances. I think in your preview thread I mentioned the game would be largely won and lost in centre bounces, because of the size of the ground, and it was. Our mids are struggling ATM, such is life.

The other thing was you guys going tall, and us small. It worked for you, and not for us.

Enjoy the win:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back