Toast The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't see how we could possibly win with that team. Can't really remember a backs to the wall win from us away from home. Usually our best and bravest wins are at home. This is the sort of win you can draw on to build your culture

Im hoping some posters can recall a better win than this in the H&A season or a win in a similar circumstances? Im struggling to think of a greater win, with the odds stacked against us, playing away, decimated mid field, rotations on the bench limited due to Hartigan injury from around 2nd quarter onwards, team coming off a bashing at home.

We were missing arguably ~9 starting 18 players.

Didn't buddy use a chux? Those things just spread water around.

He did and he did wipe a part of the ball dry before the umpire intervened.

Tbh should have reversed the decision and given us a free that would make sure it never happens again. :oops:

Can I just say that the vitriol and criticism directed at Walker is just extraordinary (and not in a good way). I just cannot understand it. Tex wears his heart on his sleeve. He is fiercely committed to his club, he defines team first. These are things that most footy followers want to see in their captain. And yet you have just pathetic “commentary” from media people, not just the “journalists” but also former players and coaches who should know and understand the pressures that come with leading a side. The attacks when he has a bad game is just ridiculous. He had a bad GF (like most of his team). It’s unfortunate, but that’s the reality. And from what I have seen, he has owned it, acknowledged it and found a way to deal with it. His attitude and state of mind (last week notwithstanding) has been terrific. That is how a true leader should act. And he is a true leader.

So in short, haters GAGF. It is obvious the amount of respect and care the coaching staff and playing group have for him. So forgive him for his occasional brain fades and faux pa’s. Because you have a leader that is putting everything he can into your club in the pursuit of achieving that goal.

PS - I am merely an neutral observer. I know we all get frustrated with our players from time to time, that is the world of a supporter :) But know that this footy fan and many others would have the big Tex leading our team in a heartbeat :thumbsu::footy:
Brilliant post.

Tex suffers from that pathetic syndrome of much of the public and the media.
If you stand out a bit, have a voice and a bit of character, be honest, they love to go after you.

Yet they all call for more players to be that way in the modern era.

And as usual, the trouble is once something becomes a game or a hobby such as bashing someone like Tex, they repeat it like mindless sheep.
So many other players at our club and in the competition deserve heat like that before Tex does but they don't receive it because of who they are.

It's also known he has had foot problems for a couple of years now, had another issue with it in the off season which he is still carrying as well as lack of a pre-season, yet they choose to ignore it but grant respite to other players in similar situations over the years.

* em, well done Tex, proud of you and how you love this club and lead it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That last 3 minutes of the game nearly gave me a heart attack.

If Sydney won that would've broke me.

If Sydney had won, that would have broken the spirit of the AFC. You dont comeback from a loss like that. They were coming too.

I felt we played the last couple of minutes a bit poorly, should have looked to take marks, take possession and kill the clock.

Tex was brilliant to get back into defence, his mark helped kill another 20-30 seconds. Anyone remember him doing this in the past? Im sure I remember him doing a similar thing in a tight game? Maybe at Footy park?

Imagine if Andy had Hampton’s body

...like, in the freezer in his basement?

Pyke was 3x the player Brown is

Pyke is 5.43 metres tall and weighs 243 kilos :thumbsu:

Good:

yes it was
there were so many great bits

Bad:

Buddy breaking the rules and pretending he couldn't hear the umpire

Ugly:

nothing

Favourite Bit:

When Jenkins did his Godzilla impression, stood up with three guys hanging off him, got the ball out the back to Walker who kicked a goal from a foot out, thus giving Walker a Joe-The-Goose goal

Im hoping some posters can recall a better win than this in the H&A season or a win in a similar circumstances? Im struggling to think of a greater win, with the odds stacked against us, playing away, decimated mid field, rotations on the bench limited due to Hartigan injury from around 2nd quarter onwards, team coming off a bashing at home.

We were missing arguably ~9 starting 18 players.
Maybe only that Syndey game when Robran broke his leg and Viska was on one leg in the goal square. That game against Carlton in the wet where Roo won it off his own boot.

Not sure if posted already, but anyone know what a unit is??

11.18 Trainers(e) A Trainer shall not:(i) become involved in the play or interrupt the flow of play during any Match, including engaging in conduct which in any way provides an advantage to his Club or engaging in conduct which in any way provides a disadvantage to the opposing Club. Such conduct includes but is not limited to wiping the football or the boot of a Player or providing a towel to a Player for that purpose;
Sanction: Up to 40 Units, payable by the Club and/or a period of suspension to be determined by the General Manager - Football Operations.
Just saw that on the replay, they have to act if that’s the rules but what does 40 units mean?

Brilliant post.

Tex suffers from that pathetic syndrome of much of the public and the media.
If you stand out a bit, have a voice and a bit of character, be honest, they love to go after you.

Yet they all call for more players to be that way in the modern era.

And as usual, the trouble is once something becomes a game or a hobby such as bashing someone like Tex, they repeat it like mindless sheep.
So many other players at our club and in the competition deserve heat like that before Tex does but they don't receive it because of who they are.

It's also known he has had foot problems for a couple of years now, had another issue with it in the off season which he is still carrying as well as lack of a pre-season, yet they choose to ignore it but grant respite to other players in similar situations over the years.

**** em, well done Tex, proud of you and how you love this club and lead it.
I miss Tex's hastily deleted tweets :(

Just saw that on the replay, they have to act if that’s the rules but what does 40 units mean?

The AFL should just warn Clubs that the decision will be reversed if they do this again. No forward with a set shot on goal would take the risk ever again.

Deedee could seriously be a good on baller. His balance and vision, closing speed and ground work is excellent. Oh and even his kicking has surprised me. Will win the Rising Star in 2018 if he stays fit and then every team in Melbourne will be trying to get him home. Give him 5 year contract now
850k/year yeah

Not sure if posted already, but anyone know what a unit is??

This is a unit

iu

Maybe only that Syndey game when Robran broke his leg and Viska was on one leg in the goal square. That game against Carlton in the wet where Roo won it off his own boot.
There was one a few years back at footy park where we were pretty well down to 17 fit men, and won.

Luke Jericho got steamrolled and broke his sternum.

This beats that win though.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back