Autopsy The good, the bad and the ugly Vs Swans R12 2019

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)
-I worked way harder on the preview than the Eagles did during the game.
-Buddy played like he'd read the preview and was personally affronted by the Weekend at Bernies joke.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Well if it's GWS, i understand. However, it is almost close to zero chance AFL will allow Geelong play first week of finals against Eagles anywhere other than MCG. So you're half right.
Don't be surprised then if this doesn't happen as the AFL don't usually go out of their way to do the West Coast Eagles any favours! I would almost put my house on it that should it end up that it's Geelong who we play week 1 then I think it's probably off to Geelong we go!

Also as a rule unless we get a home final don't think we have had much success when having to travel during the prelims. From memory think all of our flags have eventuated by being able to have the home ground advantage in the games leading up to the GF. In saying that however can't remember the sequence of how it was done in 1992 when we finished 4th (?) at the end of H & A to end up taking the flag out of Victoria for the 1st time😁

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Don't be surprised then if this doesn't happen as the AFL don't usually go out of their way to do the West Coast Eagles any favours! I would almost put my house on it that should it end up that it's Geelong who we play week 1 then I think it's probably off to Geelong we go!

Also as a rule unless we get a home final don't think we have had much success when having to travel during the prelims. From memory think all of our flags have eventuated by being able to have the home ground advantage in the games leading up to the GF. In saying that however can't remember the sequence of how it was done in 1992 when we finished 4th (?) at the end of H & A to end up taking the flag out of Victoria for the 1st time😁
In 2006,we lost to swans in Perth, Had to beat crows in Adelaide to meet swans for GF replay. It can happen.

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes can remember that now you've brought it to my attention. As you stated it can be done but it's pretty hard yakka if we have to do it the hard way.
All good. There is something about succeeding the hard way. It is more appealing. It would be boring if we go 20-2 for the season and win a flag. lol

wc_eagles_since86

Team Captain
Apr 25, 2019
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Liverpool
All good. There is something about succeeding the hard way. It is more appealing. It would be boring if we go 20-2 for the season and win a flag. lol

I'd argue Eagles do it hard every year:
* We have a league that hates us to the core
* MRO screws us over regularly now. I'll never forgive the NN tackle fiasco. For me, that was probably the biggest indication of corruption in the league. Star player ruled out at a crucial time over what was clearly BS. i find it interesting some fans think that Rioli's tackle and Vardy's bump are 1 game banworthy. You are absolutely insane. I wouldn't get my tin foil hat on, or be so upset if it was consistent. However, you have GA and Fyfe elbowing people and getting away with it.
* Commentators hate us, regularly fly every other teams colour including Purple against us
* Our draws are crappy every season: No other team travels as much as we do
* WE have to travel for the GF. That's just insane. * the MCG tradition. We are one of the biggest clubs in Oz and we have to cowtow to that stupid tradition.

There are more factors but these are the major ones. Our beloved club does it hard, much harder than so many and we rarely get any credit for it, year in year out.

Back