Toast The goodbye Jordan Roughead. Come back soon. thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sharpiesadog

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Derby County
I remember a column by Murph in The Age many moons ago. It was one of those seasons he was playing in defence and Murph recounted how Rough had done his shoulder in the 3rd quarter but Murph growled at him he needed another quarter out of him. Rough saw out the game and the Dogs got the (rare) win. Tougher than he has been given credit for, injuries have ruined what could have been a great career. Still, we'll always remember September '16. He should be proud of what he managed to do then and I'll always be grateful.

Legend.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Never met the man, but Jordan Roughead carries himself well and gives plenty back with his work with the
Women's team.

Played at both ends and never really locked down a spot, not nice seeing blokes held in high regard get
questioned so publicly during the year.

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
Club hero, club great, premiership player, excellent bloke.

Couldn’t have done 2016 without him - huge game against WCE in week 1 including that running goal, big mark and goal in our surge in the third quarter against the Hawks, played the GF with one good eye and took that crucial mark after the JJ disallowed goal.

2016 makes me happy for so many reasons - blokes like Roughie being premiership players is one of them.

Wish him nothing but the best at Collingwood, look forward to him being back at the club in future and at premiership reunions.

Onya Roughie.

RedWhite&Blue

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2005
Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In my opinion during our 2016 finals run Roughy lifted the most of any player bar Tom Boyd. He played like a star and was a massive reason why we won the flag.

I also loved the way Hawthorn’s Roughy got called Jordan accidentally by the umpire after the Flag, must have given Jordy a big kick that Jarryd was playing second fiddle to him for a brief moment in time.

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Not sure whether the stats would back this up but I remember thinking in the GWS prelim that he had Mumford’s measure up until the eye injury.

From memory Mumford had played a belter the week before against the Swans and a lot of talk leading into the game was that GWS would have a massive advantage in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If (eventually) retiring as a premiership player makes his career unfulfilled, then please give me your definition of 'fulfillment' in the general sense of the word.

I hear you but I really feel he could have been a better player and still might be.

Draft Pick

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
I hear you but I really feel he could have been a better player and still might be.
Tend to think he has pretty much got the best out of himself.

Has no outstanding physical gift or natural skill, as far as AFL big men are concerned.

4tone

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
All the best Jordan, you've got a Premiership mate at the Pies so it won't be all new faces.
He'll have a further 21 premiership mates come Sep 2019. He's your classic Moneyball player and I think the OP is wrong, he will be a valuable and well loved addition to a already strong list. Does Leigh Brown ring a bell.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Really took his game to another level in 2016 (as most of our players did). Without him, we probably don't win the flag. Great finals series and played with a seriously eye-threatening injury.

Always liked him, good honest bloke who gave his all for our club.

I don't know if it'll sting seeing him in a Pies jersey until I see it. But, all the best Roughy.

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
Really took his game to another level in 2016 (as most of our players did). Without him, we probably don't win the flag. Great finals series and played with a seriously eye-threatening injury.

Always liked him, good honest bloke who gave his all for our club.

I don't know if it'll sting seeing him in a Pies jersey until I see it. But, all the best Roughy.

I think the fact that he is a dogs supporter, and has been all his life, and was critical to our flag will mean I dont mind too much - seeing him in another jersey will be fine because I know that he's a bulldog underneath that.

Last edited:
Kicking a goal from beyond the 50m arc at the Whitten Oval that had so much momentum, energy and superhuman prowess that it ended up sailing over the goal umpire's head some 3,402km away at Subiaco.

upload_2018-11-1_12-14-51.png

upload_2018-11-1_12-15-54.png

upload_2018-11-1_12-16-52.png

upload_2018-11-1_12-18-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-1_12-19-35.png
    upload_2018-11-1_12-19-35.png
    582.8 KB · Views: 137

Remove this Banner Ad

Back