AFL Grand Final The Grand Final awaits!

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems odd we haven't got a thread (other than the PF review thread) dedicated to our most important game in 5 years.

This is for all things in the lead-up to the big one. Other than ticket sales/barcodes and INs/OUTs for which we do have threads.

I’m thinking it will be a pro-Melbourne crowd as they are the “heartwarming story” for those that can look past the tanking, backstabbing of coaches etc

Hoping that having a few much loved WA boys in the side & having the Bont keeps it even though

Two of the most exciting young forwards in the league are playing on opposing teams. That's great for footy. I cannot wait to see our boy Cody in a Grand Final. I'm a fan of Kozzy Pickett but I wouldn't mind seeing him have a quiet one.

I hate this sappy little pity party thrown for Melbourne because they have done jack s**t in 50 years. Glad we got 2016 done and dusted so we are no longer the club people pity, loved it for the flag though of course.

The media has been talking them up like they've won the flag already and I'm loving it.

A message for whoever is writing the script:

I think the Melbourne flag fairytale story would work better if they lose a GF before they win one a few years later. Every good story writer knows that the protagonists have to face some heartbreak before achieving their goals to make the pay-off sweeter. Happy for us to play the villain in this one.

I think the Melbourne flag fairytale story would work better if they lose a GF before they win one a few years later. Every good story writer knows that the protagonists have to face some heartbreak before achieving their goals to make the pay-off sweeter. Happy for us to play the villain in this one.
One thing that works in our favour a little is that most premiership sides have a few finals flops before getting a flag.

Melbourne had 2018, but that’s a while back and only around half of their likely team were playing.

Half of our side has played in a grand final at least, and most of the rest had a part in our elimination final flops the last two years (or their previous teams’ flops!).

All counts for little if they steamroll us early of course.

One thing that works in our favour a little is that most premiership sides have a few finals flops before getting a flag.

Melbourne had 2018, but that’s a while back and only around half of their likely team were playing.

Half of our side has played in a grand final at least, and most of the rest had a part in our elimination final flops the last two years (or their previous teams’ flops!).

All counts for little if they steamroll us early of course.
It's pretty rare that a team wins the flag having not at least made finals the year before. Richmond did it in 2017, the first team to do it since Adelaide in 1997.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldog shop is being stripped of merch (see bare torso of mannequin) - there's click & collect there. We spoke to them (as I can't find my big flag) and orders are backed up to Sunday as they are so busy!!

1631683512795.jpeg

The venue:

View attachment 1236447

I ride past Optus every day I ride in to work (which is when I took this photo), never in my wildest imagination did I think it would host a GF, never in my wildest wildest imagination did I think it would feature the bulldogs.

I raise you my daily walk past Whitten Oval ;) . May the love from the spiritual home travel through Bigfooty from me to you to ensure that Optus Stadium shows 5 star hospitality and a comfortable win for the 'Dogs.

1631683938424.jpeg

Also their long suffering fans in Victoria deserve a day like we had in 2016, not a lockdown premiership where they can't go to the game, watch at a pub or even enjoy it with family and friends.

They wont realise it now, but i think their fans will actualy come to thank us if we deny them this time and they get that day at the G in the next couple of years (which they almost certainly should).

Also their long suffering fans in Victoria deserve a day like we had in 2016, not a lockdown premiership where they can't go to the game, watch at a pub or even enjoy it with family and friends.

They wont realise it now, but i think their fans will actualy come to thank us if we deny them this time and they get that day at the G in the next couple of years (which they almost certainly should).
I’m thinking this post is slightly tongue in cheek…but I actually agree with it. The atmosphere on Barkly St after 2016 was almost as special as the game itself. We were outside Littlefoot, spilling onto Barkly St with 100’s of others. It’s truly one of my favourite memories. A drought-breaker in lockdown couldn’t have been half as special.

Yes we lost 7 prelims they can lose one granny. Seems fair to me!!!

I keep moving between feeling relaxed, to sh*tting myself, to momentarily forgetting it’s even happening, to confident, to hopeful, to sh*tting myself.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The Cycle of Life.

I’m thinking it will be a pro-Melbourne crowd as they are the “heartwarming story” for those that can look past the tanking, backstabbing of coaches etc

Hoping that having a few much loved WA boys in the side & having the Bont keeps it even though
I don't think the crowd will be too one sided. Dees have the upper class reputation which will draw some to us. A lot of neutrals love how Bevo stands up for our players. Bont is very popular with many neutrals too. Think Dees will have some media focus over us (fair enough) but wouldn't surprise me if the crowd was closer to even. Although Dees supporters can probably afford the travel easier considering the ski resorts are locked down 😉

I don't think the crowd will be too one sided. Dees have the upper class reputation which will draw some to us. A lot of neutrals love how Bevo stands up for our players. Bont is very popular with many neutrals too. Think Dees will have some media focus over us (fair enough) but wouldn't surprise me if the crowd was closer to even. Although Dees supporters can probably afford the travel easier considering the ski resorts are locked down 😉

Over the last few weeks we’ve thrived off the crowd being against us, 1 more won’t hurt :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back