AFL Grand Final The Grand Final awaits!

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been thinking about five years ago. I had never been so excited in my life. The flight over, the parade, training at the WO. It all seemed like a dream. And then us winning. I have never had tears of happiness like that day. I probably never will again.

And then the day after at the Whitten Oval. How could anyone forget that day? I even managed a hug from Susan Alberti whom I had met on a previous trip. But I had to return to Chicago. I couldn't wait to pack up all my belongings and move back here for the rest of my life.

I remember thinking about how I'd feel if we made it to another Grand Final. I was content with not being able to be there since so many of our supporters had missed out in 2016. The next time would be their turn. Sadly that's not what has happened for those in Melbourne, but I am so very happy that our supporters in Perth will get the chance to cheer on the boys in our place some of whom benefited from the generosity of some of our posters. What a wonderful gesture. I know that those who organised their bar code transfers will get their reward some day. It just has to be.

So here I am five years after the most remarkable trip of my life, satisfied that the team has done its best to this stage and positive that nothing will hold us back from bringing home the cup for all of us to celebrate. Go Dogs!

I've been thinking about five years ago. I had never been so excited in my life. The flight over, the parade, training at the WO. It all seemed like a dream. And then us winning. I have never had tears of happiness like that day. I probably never will again.

And then the day after at the Whitten Oval. How could anyone forget that day? I even managed a hug from Susan Alberti whom I had met on a previous trip. But I had to return to Chicago. I couldn't wait to pack up all my belongings and move back here for the rest of my life.

I remember thinking about how I'd feel if we made it to another Grand Final. I was content with not being able to be there since so many of our supporters had missed out in 2016. The next time would be their turn. Sadly that's not what has happened for those in Melbourne, but I am so very happy that our supporters in Perth will get the chance to cheer on the boys in our place some of whom benefited from the generosity of some of our posters. What a wonderful gesture. I know that those who organised their bar code transfers will get their reward some day. It just has to be.

So here I am five years after the most remarkable trip of my life, satisfied that the team has done its best to this stage and positive that nothing will hold us back from bringing home the cup for all of us to celebrate. Go Dogs!
Stick around Chicago. I'll see you at the G in exactly 12 months time!

Doing some pre work and watching the16 PF. We are a lot better team this time around.

If I'm Melbourne I'm grateful for the dark shorts

a lot of people think the midfield battle will be pretty dead even.

Id tentatively agree but… if one midfield does get on top and smash the crap out of the other one, I’d be predicting it’s us beating the leaving suitcases out of them.

Short explanation- full strength including rucks our midfield has wiped the floor with everyone they’ve come across. Not something anyone’s discussing.

longer explanation, our mids don’t care about the minute ruck disadvantage. Our ruck division will be solid enough.

and Melbourne’s top end mids you can cut the head off the snake. Ours… you can pick your poison but you’re getting a bad poison

currently pretty calm but tomorrow will be an agonising wait until the bounce.

Not sure why but this opportunity means just as much as 2016 to me. I didn't want to win just one but rather I want us to become a dynasty era.

You could pencil in about 4-5 dogs as all time greats if we get the job done again tomorrow. And Bev as the greatest ever coach.

Looking for one of our young stars to stamp themselves as a future great. Naught, Baz or Cody the leading contenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m wracked with nerves. Can barely even relax and watch TV tonight.

Just knocked a full beer over my couch, too, which wasn’t ideal.
Couldn’t face anything too heavy on tv tonight so turned on Bounce - mistake!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back