Review The Grand Final Disaster of 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown giving Greenwood a serve.

Things clearly ******.
Brown was horrific. Needs to look a little closer to home at his performance in big games and at his kicking skills.

Absolutely heartbroken and hard to comment so soon after the game!
But if I really, really think about it, how surprising is it?
This club has done this over and over..... never meet expectations!
Great effort getting there but bar a couple these boys should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

tbh winning big in the regular season + finals does you a disservice. you dont play enough pressure situations.

While I'm bashing hartigan and brown I should also be big enough to admit that otten had a shocker as well as I was a big advocate of his.. having said that if McGovern were fit I would of played McGovern every day of the week ahead of him. So our hand was kind of forced on that one..

Hartigan out, otten to play his role and Milera in is a different conversation and one worth having given the result and performance of those players in their respective positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like every other game this year, if you don't turn up you lose. We didn't turn up. They pushed us around and we didn't respond. Picked a bad day for it. Hard to win on their home ground in front of their crowd.
Have heard a few people say this. Yes we did. We were 4 goals to 2 up at quarter time.

Like the semi finals of 2015 and 2016, we weren't good enough.

Have heard a few people say this. Yes we did. We were 4 goals to 2 up at quarter time.

Like the semi finals of 2015 and 2016, we weren't good enough.
You could see when the pressure was applied we wilted. Went to absolute water in such a pathetic, disgusting fashion. Our pressure game was never on at any point in the entire match. Really unforgivable.

When we are on, we are unstoppable. When we are off, we are horrible. Today we were off, and that baffles me, because it was the ******* grand ******* final

Brown was horrific. Needs to look a little closer to home at his performance in big games and at his kicking skills.
Can I double like this? His composure with the ball in clutch games has concerned me since 2015 against Hawthorn, and too many of our defenders are similar.

Kelly gives his all and his skills have tidied up but he doesn't seem that strong below his knees when the pressure is on.

Laird for his ability to read the play just throws it on the boot way too often rather than lowering the eyes under real heat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back