Jeeves

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2008
In enemy territory.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Perth Wildcats
Plz tell me there’s a photo of sheeds reaction to the Collingwood crowd after his sealer.

It’s one of those moments that needs to be immortalised on pub walls until the end of time
Not a gif , just a screen shot, and I'm not sure if this is what you were asking about but I loved this moment so much due to the reaction of the w***er flipping the bird at Dom. Got to love the class of the guy.

image.jpeg

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
True his non kicking foot doesnt leave the ground.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Shred is a masseuse, gave that pig skin a memory it will never forget.
The way he guided that through was skill and hard work paying off, I knew when he clunked it in that pocket it was a good omen....just splendid.

Shmiddy15

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
It's also no coincidence that future Eagles premiership player Oscar Judd is in this picture.
U4QY0cW.jpg

Gosh I think you’re right! Great that Oscar was right behind the kick, only hope that a moment like this can live in his memory long enough to convince him to play his footy in the west!

Javelin

All Australian
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Not a gif , just a screen shot, and I'm not sure if this is what you were asking about but I loved this moment so much due to the reaction of the w***er flipping the bird at Dom. Got to love the class of the guy.

View attachment 567884
Is that a Collingwood supporter immediately in front of Sheed giving him a thumbs up? Good stuff!

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Am going through trying to show some of the smaller moments. First time posting and making gifs so we'll see how it goes. I've used the spoiler tags so people can just load what they want to see and it doesn't bog the thread down. I'll post the other quarters as I go

1st quarter:

Duggan goes in hard but keeps his feet the whole time, no free kick against for keeping his feet.
jqb7FYk.gif

Watch the draw on Shuey's kick as it crosses the 50m arc it drifts right, would have been spoiled otherwise.
UIrWTFQ.gif

Shuey again with a great volley to Redden, courageous mark by Lecras on the other end
DQy5Caq.gif

JK strips the ball, then lays a shepherd. Rioli below his knees fires out a handball to Masten who distributes to the better ball user. Would have been an amazing goal.
vENTxUy.gif

Darling's tackle is great, but what I was highlighting here is Hutchings work from start to finish of the play on Sidebottom.
jD5x23D.gif

Lecras pressures and Rioli stays on his feet for the goal.
tKJQc0V.gif

Shuey kicks this 55m off one step! The follow up work by JK is a recurring theme here the more I watch the game. Good pressure by Darling and Venners helps force the ball out of bounds.
4KBnzSS.gif

Quick thinking and well executed handball here by Sheed.
1eLUgJA.gif

Hurn cooked this, but see Redden come in, not get drawn into the player ducking and just nail him with the tackle to set the tone early. Great tackle.
iJ8VIKR.gif

My favourite Barrass mark of the day, this is fingertip stuff and any error would have been costly. Good midfield pressure to make the kick rushed.
wa65quB.gif

Shuey gets a fingertip to this meaning Yeo had to play on, but watch the next kick, one step, about to be crunched, gets it 60m after the bounds in our favour. Most players wouldn't take possession and those who do would kick it out on the full with that pressure.
IXOZxTo.gif

Schofield feigns the handball, creates space inboard. Cripps one percenter tap to Vardy. JK immense closing speed, follow up pressure from Rioli and Vardy as well creates a turnover.
gAItZKR.gif

Good run by Sheed, all the players spread and create space, Redden fills it, then hits up JK, sexy ball movement here almost end to end.
0pNzJBr.gif

Great work by Sheed to tap it to himself, Lecras goes up with a left fisted spoil then follows up with a strong tackle, something he's improved upon this year is making them stick against bigger opponents.
g8BxqX8.gif

Shuey nearly gets away into space, Rioli tackles hard and the midfield pressure causes a turnover to Cole.
y3v3G8v.gif

Classic Rioli desperation to fight for the ball.
cejAB77.gif

Sheed's handballs were on all game, this was great below his knees, Masten again giving off to Jetta. Good clearance.
l60GF1A.gif

Good roving by Lecras, this was Venables nightmare moment. He had the courage, but shouldn't have got involved except for crumbs. Again though, was mainly to highlight JK's second efforts in every play he's involved in. The little things that make him more valuable than goals.
v4pmQmC.gif

Hurn buys just enough time for Cole to help, then McGovern shuts down the Collingwood attack once and for all!
VgLhJZ2.gif

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
2nd quarter part one, last one of the night:

Cole reads the play awesomely here, gets one back against Stephenson (but stuffs the kick up).
G6hGKOn.gif

McGovern helps Barrass with the spoil, Masten clean ball use to Shuey with the clever left foot grubber to Jetta.
ND2hjav.gif

Schofield pressure, Rioli run down chase, Lycett is clean on the wing and Jetta with the deft touch inboard. Ryan hits the kick perfectly to Lecras who cops the contact to get the certain goal. Hutch makes Sidebottom think twice about not running with him defensively.
nvhAzWf.gif

Hurn is cool under pressure here but Darling gets a cruel bounce which favours Sidebottom, Darling puts in a full body length dive to force him out of bounds, staying involved and helping Hutchings stay in Sidebottom's head.
CKro5bO.gif

Sheed almost looks gone here but Duggan provides run from behind, then eliminates Pendlebury from the play by disposing of it and putting body on him. Darling gets good territory. We seemed to move the ball easier without the need for massive contested marks, plays like this were good.
phedq0p.gif

Schofield with the perfect fist, then Jetta with the collect, swipe of the arm, then outside of the hand handball!
igFje5E.gif

Liam Ryan's bump
FJoJCZA.gif

Schofield wins front position and gets the ball to ground, Gov follow up with a strong tackle, Hurn does the same. Schofield gives it to De Goey as the ball goes over.
5bvUJlF.gif

Redden front and centre, Duggan a nice kick to a hard leading Vardy.
MnJvot3.gif

The play leading up to Ryan's big bump. Ryan reads it off the marking contest, Lecras gets a big bump in that Varcoe rides well, Jetta steals it with one hand. A lot going on in this play.
pXtfNFn.gif

Probably my favourite play. The way Schofield looks out of gas but accelerates still to overtake the players who were carrying more pace is amazing. Not only that, he takes his opponent off his feet but also gets a touch on the ball to knock it goalwards, Hurns follow up work is crucial as well.
6eXEwdQ.gif

My favourite angle of Shuey's goal. This goal made me believe.
NM3FwDH.gif

JK straight back to his feet to lay a massive tackle and dispossess his opponent
an3eNsC.gif

Cole gets another one back on Stephenson, takes the grab, breaks the tackle and gets the ball moving. Schofield delivers a massive chunk of field position, Sheed cleans up his mess quickly.
wbSKUbW.gif

Lycett and Vardy are the stars of this piece of play, good pressure and desire to get the ball back off the ground.
6x2XDTQ.gif

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
2nd quarter part 2:

Duggan's bump on Mayne, Shuey clean, slings the tackler off and fires out a handball.
16q2OaP.gif

Rioli's little 1%er off the ground here is awesome, Shuey holds off on the first handball option who is under pressure, gives to Duggan who fires a bullet left hand handball to Sheed who has now found space.
qOoGoIT.gif

The original view of Shuey's goal, great handball from Sheed, you can see Shuey takes a great grab as well from behind his body before nailing the kick!
44cwmMc.gif

Duggan gets a bad bounce but gathers cleanly. Pies are applying massive pressure, he gets the handball off once, then steps a tackle to get the better handball option out the second time.
a4SBpb0.gif

I loved what Venables did here, this play has him written all over it. The handball chain is slick to finish it off. Cripps should have got HTB.
GOcL4ZP.gif

Another example of us clearing the backline easier than the Pies did. Good kick by Masten to keep it low.
T83cbXo.gif

Let me set the scene. There's a high ball in defensive 50. There's a 110kg player flying out of the goal face to mark it. You campaigners know what happened....
5pE1mQh.gif

The initial spoil and the follow up tackle are great from Duggan. Then enter Jetta with his goose steps and clean ball handling, a good defensive clearance.

Shuey drops Adams (I think it was) and then doesn't stop, Lecras fires out to Shuey but could have also gone to Duggan who provided a good run past, Shuey hits the target.
uynepIe.gif

SHUEY LIFTS BRODY GRUNDY AND SCOTT PENDLEBURY OFF THE DECK!
Incredible willpower and strength. Masten with the clean gather and bullet pass to Darling as well.
QuAcAop.gif

Ryan's first bump original view, with a good grab from Lycett and a little "squeezy" kick from the Gov
Lt3f2w2.gif

Ryan's biggest bump in slow motion from different angles.
CHR78uR.gif

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
3rd quarter, only 20 images per post so will be in 2 parts:

Great clearance from Redden and Shuey, notice the 3 smalls as JK marks, Rioli one side, Ryan the other, Lecras front and centre. Would have been a dangerous spoil but JK clunked it.
jQFTnqs.gif

Great Cripps pressure helps Duggan kill another ball leaving d50
eyX82Bg.gif

Barass with the spoil, Schoey with the contested mark. De Goey tries to turn him inside out but Schofield doesn't follow the man, just watches the ball. De Goey way too keen to try beat him running back towards goal that he lets his opponent dictate the play.
enxHl0r.gif

Grundy had no intention of stopping here, fully thought he was away and Yeo trailed him perfectly, Shuey goes into the corridor with precision.
z0SC25y.gif

Vardy's second effort after the ruck tap is impressive, Duggan keeps his feet in the contest, a few one percenters attempted then Masten strips the ball and gets it outside in a good contest, Venables delivers lace out, Darling contested mark.
oTBaOxw.gif

Langdon had a great game but he kicks this into Rioli, who turns around and tackles strongly.
1tp7KpR.gif

Venables is huge here before the Rioli spin and gather. Cripps a tiny fumble but slots the kick. Venables pace is the difference between a contested ball and a Collingwood handball chain.
o6Ng1d1.gif
different angle
R9Wfd19.gif

Sheed and Redden combine for a clearance, Redden knows he has space and delivers to the in form Darling who takes another contested mark
Dc2fvKZ.gif

Lycett points, Darling delivers
RQuBHth.gif

Tommy isn't interested in your forward 50 entries. Get out of here.
hRNEw47.gif

Masten wins a hotly contested ball in defence, his contested work was pretty good all day. Darling takes care of the contested mark on the wing from Sheed's clearing kick. Ryan draws two tacklers before he gives off the handball as well.
Qi1y9n6.gif

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Masten actually had a pretty good game looking at all the GIFS.

Hard to keep track on GameDay in the heat of the moment.

Back