The Grand Final poll thread: neutral barracking & tips

Who will you be supporting/who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have at it neutrals. Who will you be barracking for on Saturday, and who do you actually think will win? Made this thread because we need a poll. Post your margins in the thread if you like.

Me: barracking for West Coast who I tip to win by 10 points.

Don't think West Coast can win at the G against this Collingwood team. Though I think the Eagles have another gear in them after yesterday, but the Pies were at their absolute best on Friday.

Don't think West Coast can win at the G against this Collingwood team. Though I think the Eagles have another gear in them after yesterday, but the Pies were at their absolute best on Friday.

We broke a 23 year hoodoo against the Pies at the MCG this year (though we've beaten them quite a frw times at Vic Park and Etihad since), where there's a real home ground advantage. During a granny with a more even crowd don't think it'll be a big factor.

Need to get live video of all non Pie Victorians into the G before and during the game!
All West Coast has to do is ask, and I'm sure the AFL will allow a live broadcast of the Perth fans. But sook away, please.

All West Coast has to do is ask, and I'm sure the AFL will allow a live broadcast of the Perth fans. But sook away, please.

Haha was just joking really. Don't worry, we'll make enough noise. Some are forgetting you aren't going to have 70,000 rabid Pies fans.

I seem to be in the minority - barracking for the Pies (first time ever!), but predicting an Eagles win.

The Eagles just don't have a whole of personality for mine - there's no story to pull me in. The Pies on the other hand have bounced back from the turmoil of last year (and an extended period out of finals) as well as Mason Cox's rise, not to mention the travesty that Trav Varcoe and his family have recently experienced and must still be coming to terms with. Even Chris Mayne's bounce back from the poor form and torrent of negative commentary he copped last year is somewhat inspiring.

That being said, I was super impressed with the Eagles. Their skills were exquisite yesterday and they have an aura of maturity about them. Their odds of winning look much too low on betting markets for mine.

Both teams play an attractive brand of footy. Hopefully both turn up to play!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positively neutral. Weird feeling not slightly favouring one side in a GF for the first time ever.

Have nfi who will win right now. You could make compelling cases for both sides.

Then there's the unpredictable. Early injuries, punch ups, bad umpiring, women running onto the ground in nothing but a footy scarf etc...

For the first time, maybe ever, I'll be almost neutral. In the 2010 GF I also said I didn't care who won, but ended backing St Kilda (as they were the underdog). All I really want to see is a good game, if it resembled the qualifying final a couple of weeks ago, neutrals would have to be OK with that.

I must admit, Eddie McGuire aside, I don't have much antipathy towards this Collingwood side. Buckley is a dull as dishwasher, but not offensive and has paid his dues. Likewise, Simpson is one of the more humble coaches/people in the league. I can't actually bring myself to support Collingwood, but won't begrudge them for winning it, and prefer them to Richmond.

As for the game, I think will be close for 3 quarters with the Magpies to pull away in the last quarter. Pies by 24.

I really, really want West Coast to win. I can't feel confident though picking a non Victorian team to beat a Victorian team at the MCG on the big after the last 5 grand finals.

If i was a Collingwood fan, I'd be worried about the Pies scoring 65 points and 70 points in both games against the Eagles this season plus the 105 conceded at the hands of West Coast at the MCG in round 17.

I'll go with heart and say West Coast by 12 points.

WC...cause it’s good for the city’s economy and will make a lot of little kids of friends I know very happy ...and because who in the hell wants to see Collingwood win another flag?

But yeah...Pies have a golden opportunity to get one and should get the job done or risk being humiliated like no other Melb team in history.

Back