The Grand Final poll thread: neutral barracking & tips

Who will you be supporting/who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw on channel 7 a purported Richmond fan wearing a Pies scarf and saying he was for the Pies this granny. Must really hate us.

He probably represents 4.7 percent of Richmond fans, the other 95 3 percent will be on your bandwagon.
No Victorian fans really hate interstate sides, your team is highly respected , but at the same time highly irrelevant when it comes to hated teams by Victorians.

I think especially carlton richmond essendon geelong and hawthorn fans should ................
Jump! on the GREAT VICTORIAN HOPE TRAIN!
Leave your hatred in the past and jump on the
EDDIE EXPRESS!
Common guys

I'll probably go for the eagles despite their fans making it extremely hard to support them. I actually really like some of the eagles players like Yeo, Redden and McGovern. That being said I reckon the pies will win easily.

Thought wce would give the Tigers a real shake if it had turned out that way, they’ll get the pies by 3-4 goals unless they don’t convert thheir chances early.

Interesting the number of people citing the Pies' alleged MCG advantage. The same was said about Richmond.

A bigger factor is finals experience. Very rare that a team with as little finals exposure as the Pies will win it.

Plus West Coast have a balanced team and super strong forward line.

Prediction: McGuire's porcine face blushing to 11 on the puce colour scale.

Just hope it's not a dud. Guess I hope West Coast win as I think an interstate side winning the granny is good for the game. Only 1 interstate grand final winner in the last 11 years stinks in all honesty.

I’d go for wce if they leave Sam Mitchell at home. Otherwise I want bucks to get a cup. Pies to win at the g

Heart says Pies, mainly due to the great stories in the team (Cox, Varcoe, de Goey, Mihacek) and a faint collection of the Eagles inflicting pain a couple of decades ago... However, the Pies will need to be at their electric best to beat this seasoned, hungry and balanced team from the West. Can they repeat the PF performance?

Head says no, so Eagles.

Interesting the number of people citing the Pies' alleged MCG advantage. The same was said about Richmond.

A bigger factor is finals experience. Very rare that a team with as little finals exposure as the Pies will win it.

Plus West Coast have a balanced team and super strong forward line.

Prediction: McGuire's porcine face blushing to 11 on the puce colour scale.

Had a little two year siesta I see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go Eagles, one point win at end of extra time would be nice way to get job done.
I like Adam Simpson their coach so would be good to see he win it and for Adrian Hickmott too.

Just saw on channel 7 a purported Richmond fan wearing a Pies scarf and saying he was for the Pies this granny. Must really hate us.
Saw this as well, couldn't help but cringe.
No way I'm celebrating with that bloke if we do win.

Good thread to look at a bit of behavioral psychology if nothing else.

According to bookies - chances of winning
Collingwood = 59%
West Coast = 41%

Current poll suggests chances of winning
If you want Collingwood to win:
Collingwood = 77%
West Coast = 23%

If you want West Coast to win:
Collingwood = 28%
West Coast = 72%

If you want evidence that people hugely overestimate the ability of their own side this poll is basically proof :thumbsu:

Good thread to look at a bit of behavioral psychology if nothing else.

According to bookies - chances of winning
Collingwood = 59%
West Coast = 41%

Current poll suggests chances of winning
If you want Collingwood to win:
Collingwood = 77%
West Coast = 23%

If you want West Coast to win:
Collingwood = 28%
West Coast = 72%

If you want evidence that people hugely overestimate the ability of their own side this poll is basically proof :thumbsu:
Classic punting advice is to never bet in a match involving your own team because you can't be objective. Bit different here in that we don't support these clubs but it's a granny. Made the poll options like that out of necessity (you can't have multiple questions) but I'm glad the info is there

Barracking is hardly the word i would use, i can barely say the word Collingwood and although i wear Black a lot, i never mix it with White! My memories and dislike of the Eagles goes back to the early 90's and my interest in biological studies...Freo fans don't call them "the Evil Empire" for nothing.
I'm tipping the Eagles, but i think Collingwood will win as it will be a stinking cold miserable day according to Melbourne's ever changing weather forecast.
That may sound contradictory, but do we really want Eddie and his mad mob celebrating a Premiership? If West Coast win, celebrations it will be out of sight out of mind.... bring on next year FFS! There's every chance i'll go down the 'knock shop" Saturday afternoon!

I seem to be in the minority - barracking for the Pies (first time ever!), but predicting an Eagles win.

The Eagles just don't have a whole of personality for mine - there's no story to pull me in. The Pies on the other hand have bounced back from the turmoil of last year (and an extended period out of finals) as well as Mason Cox's rise, not to mention the travesty that Trav Varcoe and his family have recently experienced and must still be coming to terms with. Even Chris Mayne's bounce back from the poor form and torrent of negative commentary he copped last year is somewhat inspiring.

That being said, I was super impressed with the Eagles. Their skills were exquisite yesterday and they have an aura of maturity about them. Their odds of winning look much too low on betting markets for mine.

Both teams play an attractive brand of footy. Hopefully both turn up to play!

Best post in here. Feel exactly the same.

Just got a little sense it might be close. We've had quite a few crap grannies of late, for neutrals.

2017- crap
2016- good
2015- crap
2014- crap
2013- crap
2012- great
2011- good
2010- crap
2010- great

I think West Coast ought to be warm favourites. Half the team have been there before and will not want to miss this opportunity. Kennedy, Yeo, darling in particular.

Back