The Grand Tour (Clarkson, Hammond and May) - Amazon Prime

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Lol thought what they did to Hammond and driving was funny. Showed Mongolia as a beautiful country and was different to them all having different cars.

There's been a few countries they have travelled to that I've been surprised about. Who would have thought that a blokey car show could be aducational about such things.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I enjoyed the Ford medium sized car episode. My mate's dad had an awesome Mk2 Cortina. The Sierra Cosworth was absolute nutter of a car! They highlighted that sales of the Mondeo crashed but they didn't mention that it was a very boring car.

Strange scenes at the end when Clarkson was in tears because it was the last ever Grand Tour. And they showed a segue of the best Top Gear and Grand Tour moments. Then he said they were going to carry on...

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I enjoyed the Ford medium sized car episode. My mate's dad had an awesome Mk2 Cortina. The Sierra Cosworth was absolute nutter of a car! They highlighted that sales of the Mondeo crashed but they didn't mention that it was a very boring car.

Strange scenes at the end when Clarkson was in tears because it was the last ever Grand Tour. And they showed a segue of the best Top Gear and Grand Tour moments. Then he said they were going to carry on...
Yeah that kind of annoyed me. Oh we're continuing btw just in a different form. Overall great show though Hammonds shame of not having a cortina was brilliant

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
There must be a lot more audience interaction that we don't see.

Since that episode aired he also said that part of the reason he got so emotional was that he never got to say goodbye to Top Gear.

“The truth of it is, I think, I never got the chance to say goodbye to Top Gear. One minute I was there and one minute I wasn’t. It was like, did the show and then never did another one.

“Never said goodbye. Never got a gold watch. Never got a retirement speech. Nothing. So this was almost as though we were saying goodbye to Top Gear as well. That’s why it was so emotional for me.”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8845973/jeremy-clarkson-emotional-the-grand-tour-interview/

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Nice little episode to end on. Never coveted The Grand Tour in the same way as Top Gear, but it certainly had its' moments.

The trip down memory lane at the end was just perfect. Happy that Jeremy still remembers films like the Hilux and the 'Cheap Italian Supercars' challenge, even though it was such a different show back then.

For mine, Vietnam was probably their finest effort but obviously debatable. I'd have their first US Road Trip right up there too.

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Anyone watch their latest - A Scandi Flick?

These specials you know what you’re gonna get, and so much is set up/pre planned now but I still love em.

A couple of things happen that are compeletely unplanned in this one though, it’s well worth the watch.
Yeah I did. That crash was scary

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Quarter

╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮
Jul 21, 2022
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#DR3
It comforts me greatly that they have essentially said they'll keep making this shows until one of them dies.

Is some of it predictable or quite obviously scripted? Sure! Does not make it any less enjoyable. The chemistry between these three is simply unmatched - hence why basically any other global version of Top Gear hasn't enjoyed the success they had when it was with the 3 OGs

No Quarter

╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮
Jul 21, 2022
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#DR3
Anything that is a challenge type episode are usually the best watching - which is essentially all they are doing moving forward

There's a bunch of race/challenge episodes in the later seasons of Top Gear also

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Anything that is a challenge type episode are usually the best watching - which is essentially all they are doing moving forward

There's a bunch of race/challenge episodes in the later seasons of Top Gear also

Road trips are the best and basically all i watch - i used to watch the odd normal episode but im not a big car person so just enjoy the road trip episodes alot more which are pretty funny.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Been getting into this lately.

I loved the Seamen episode on boats down the Mekong. Great episode. Them on their little boats in the rough seas was classic viewing.

Recommendations for the best eps? I’ve been watching sporadically at what piques my interest.

As above, any of the specials or challenge episodes are good value.

Also don't sleep on the newer seasons of the BBC Top gear once Flintoff and McGuiness join, they've got a great dynamic in a similar (but different) way to Clarkson, Hammond & May.

Been getting into this lately.

I loved the Seamen episode on boats down the Mekong. Great episode. Them on their little boats in the rough seas was classic viewing.

Recommendations for the best eps? I’ve been watching sporadically at what piques my interest.
The Mongolia special is remarkable.

Some of the best ones are back in Top Gear like the South American one, Vietnam and that one where they drive thru midwest USA almost taunting rednecks to shoot them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back