Universal Love The grandest Tiger memories

Remove this Banner Ad

Andy Goodwin kicking a goal from Bay 13 pocket vs Hawthorn in 1989. Flukiest thing I've ever seen.

In all seriousness , KB's finals series in 1980 , saw all 3 games live and even as an 11 year old , it was brilliant and something I won't forget easily. There are plenty of others through the good and bad.

- Lloyd's goal after the siren in 2016
- Beating hawthorn in their glory years
- Jack's bag of 10 against WCE 2010 + GWS in 2014
- Beating undefeated Fremantle in Perth, Sydney in Sydney 2015
- Richo's bag of 10 in 03

1980 Grand Final. Over by Halftime, sitting in the stand with my older brother who was a Pie fan, who had given me crap before the game.

Last edited:
Ice in his Mexican veins
images

Memorable moments for me .....
* Jim Jess taking a screamer in the dying seconds against Hawthorn in round two, 1977, and going back to kick the goal to give to us a one point win.
* Richmond's 1980 qualifying final win over Carlton as it was the prelude to what was to come (Bartlett kicked seven, Raines and Wiley ran amok and then there was the stoush between Jewell and Percy Jones at quarter time which was just bizarre ... and a touch of sadness with Graeme Landy being suspended for decking Ken Sheldon and missing the GF).
* Beating Essendon in the wet at Windy Hill in 1983 when they were absolutely on fire. Dan Foley from West Perth kicked five in his standout game of about a dozen at Tigerland.
* Beating Geelong at Kardinia Park in 1990 after the Cats had played in the '89 grand final. Des Ryan kicked three goals and Trent Nichols strarred.
* Bottom of the ladder Richmond upsets second placed Carlton on cold, miserable night at the MCG in round 12, 1988 .. Chris Pym from Wycheproof kicked three and Peter Wilson did a cartwheel.
* Being there to see Francis Bourke - my favourite Tiger of all - play his 300th game against South Melbourne at Waverley. Interestingly in official records it's now his 298th game. He was credited with two states games in his tally of 302 but these were later wiped.
*1995 preliminary final at VFL Park and hearing the Tiger faithful singing the theme song over and over in the last quarter as Geelong belted us. The Cats fans reaction was priceless .... they couldn't believe the passion.
* Richmond v Fitzroy at the Western Oval in 1996 as it was the debut of Nathan Brown kicking four or five in the last quarter against Collingwood in 2005 to win us the game. Was one of about three he single-handedly won us in that year.
* Richo's 10 goal haul v Bulldogs, but more liked his four goals v Essendon the week after he fractured his eye socket and he wore that mask.
* Elimination final 2013 - first final since 2001, but also most forgettable day.

Apparently running out on the ground was pretty unreal (I wasn't there, running late due to footy presentation), the entire second quarter was pretty good though.
THE build-up, ground entrance and first half were unbelievable. The second half and what ultimately followed re-style of football have been great letdowns.

Can we draft so we have a forward line resembling this team!

Don't mind their centre bounce positioning either, it's different and works a treat.
Imagine Hardwick getting hold of Paul Broderick with that raking left boot and imploring him to chip sideways and backwards ... what a waste. Those long kicks out of the centre were a treat to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back