The graveyard thread for endless off topic posturing on persons causing bi-polar responses

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of why Kane has been receiving the ball in bad positions the last few weeks is because he's our only midfielder working hard enough to provide movement forward of the ball. Some of the herd mentality posts in this thread are painful to read. Lock/burn this s**t.

A lot of why Kane has been receiving the ball in bad positions the last few weeks is because he's our only midfielder working hard enough to provide movement forward of the ball. Some of the herd mentality posts in this thread are painful to read. Lock/burn this s**t.
Wow someone here actully sees it and gets it

That's just ridiculous. What you call herd mentality are just plain facts that has plauged Kornes for large parts of his career. It's not rocket science & he should no better, if your in a bad position don't bloody call for the ball. Especially if the skills of the player who has the ball is better then the one demanding it.

That's just ridiculous. What you call herd mentality are just plain facts that has plauged Kornes for large parts of his career. It's not rocket science & he should no better, if your in a bad position don't bloody call for the ball. Especially if the skills of the player who has the ball is better then the one demanding it.

And instead perhaps....I dunno....lay a shepherd or something?

In some instances, yes, with the exception that he received the ball in good positions. And that was where he was so valuable for us in the first 5 rounds.

But in a lot of other instances, no. Receiving handballs when he shouldn't, calling for the ball when he shouldn't (he should shephard, block, or run to the next contest to crumb). Exemplified by his handball receive from Wines on the weekend, where he immediately had to change direction, lost momentum, and then chipped it onto Henderson's chest.

I want to give a gold star to whoever started this thread with a Big Matty T post

It must be rocket science for the guy with ball not to kick it to him....

Or look for a better target since he has a better kick...

Or Maybe Maybe there isn't a better target..

Is must be rocket science for the guy with ball not to kick it to him....

I think you just owned every Kane basher ever.

Well played.

Also the stats are a bit off. They say Stevenson had 12 touches, 4 clangers, yet 75% efficiency. How is that even possible? Surely a clanger is an ineffective disposal.

A clanger is also a free against.

Is must be rocket science for the guy with ball not to kick it to him....

Kane is easier.

Easier =/= better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon you guys are trying to hard to analyse this too much.

Could it be that the players you all have named as elephants just having an off day, and should this be the case then its not all that bad. There is a remedy for that, solid training passing the ball to each so that it hurts, legs dropping off and arms aching whilst at the same time having to concentrate for the full training session.

We are slowly churning into a team and what comes with the process is sludge that is scrapped away, which is the s**t play we have to remove from our game.

No matter who calls for he ball you just dont give it to them if they are in a s**t position or 2 metres away and about to immediately get tackled. Its up to the ball handler to find the best target and kick or handball to the targets advantage. Its the 5 D's of football Disposal, Disposal, Disposal, Disposal and Disposal forget all the stats. best disposal of the football wins.

No matter who calls for he ball you just dont give it to them if they are in a s**t position or 2 metres away and about to immediately get tackled. Its up to the ball handler to find the best target and kick or handball to the targets advantage. Its the 5 D's of football Disposal, Disposal, Disposal, Disposal and Disposal forget all the stats. best disposal of the football wins.
Its not rocket science is it

Then how in **** did he `own every Kane basher ever'?
Its going to be hard for me to explain what I thought at the time. Because I don't remember very well.

I don't know if BMT meant it this way, but the thing that occured to me in that moment was that Kane cannot be blamed for his team mate kicking it to him if they have a better option. The upshot of this is that either A. there isn't a better option, or B. he is a better kick than them and he turns around to kick it and there are *zero* options but a team mate under pressure.

He was still god awful on the weekend because of his visible attitude, and defensive work.

A clanger is also a free against.
Really?...I didn't know that...I thought Its marked down as a clanger

That's interesting...

So would I be right in saying. ...if you gave away no free kicks but had 5 clangers. ..it would be 5 frees against aswell as 5 clangers?

Its going to be hard for me to explain what I thought at the time. Because I don't remember very well.

I don't know if BMT meant it this way, but the thing that occured to me in that moment was that Kane cannot be blamed for his team mate kicking it to him if they have a better option. The upshot of this is that either A. there isn't a better option, or B. he is a better kick than them and he turns around to kick it and there are *zero* options but a team mate under pressure.

He was still god awful on the weekend because of his visible attitude, and defensive work.
C.if there are no options Player with ball can't some up the situation that Kane is in a s**t position and kicks it to him anyway instead of going down the line towards the boundary to a 50/50 contest (hence it must be rocket science for the person with the ball sum up the situation) once again not Kanes fault

If you are a 4x B&F, 2x All Australian Premiership player, how in the * do you get people defending you when running past a 8 game rookie getting a free kick in the middle of the ground with a Carlton player right up your arse and calling for the ball? What in the actual *?

Really?...I didn't know that...I thought Its marked down as a clanger

That's interesting...

So would I be right in saying. ...if you gave away no free kicks but had 5 clangers. ..it would be 5 frees against aswell as 5 clangers?

No. Other way around. When you give away a free kick, it is also marked as a clanger. So you can have 100% disposal efficiency, but if you've given away 5 free kicks, you'll also have 5 clangers next to your name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back