The graveyard thread for endless off topic posturing on persons causing bi-polar responses

Remove this Banner Ad

There's also a difference between where the players thinks they play that is best for the team.

Chad wanted the former.

His coach wanted the latter and it seems like Chad sulked when asked to do it at Port.

Clearly he is getting the same message from Clarko. Time will tell whether it gets through.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Only at Ken Hinkley's Port Adelaide would 'player with superstar talent wants to win games off of his own boot' somehow be considered a negative.

It is when it takes away from the team concept.

No one could be this moronic.

IntErCEpT MaRkS!

I stand corrected :D

*Celebratory dusting of Cheeto dust off your chest*

Flawless victory m8

Post an uncivil comment, get an uncivil reply. It's not that hard to be nice.

P.S I ******* hate Cheetos.

Post an uncivil comment, get an uncivil reply. It's not that hard to be nice.

P.S I ******* hate Cheetos.

Yeah, because indirect mocking of your obsession with an isolated aspect of football writ large is the equivalent of directly inferring someone is a moron in JaNuSWoRLd.

You’ve backed the wrong horse and disappeared up your own arse as a result. It’s sad.

Yeah, because indirect mocking of your obsession with an isolated aspect of football writ large is the equivalent of directly inferring someone is a moron in JaNuSWoRLd.

You’ve backed the wrong horse and disappeared up your own arse as a result. It’s sad.

At no point have I ever said that intercept marks were the only thing that was an issue. I've explained several times why they are important, along with loose ball gets, as a means of gaining uncontested possession.

By the by - the top three teams for intercept differential average per game last year were Richmond, Melbourne and West Coast. They just happened to be three of the four teams in the preliminary final. And everyone knows it was only dumb luck that had Collingwood beating Richmond...as evidenced by the fact that when West Coast started taking intercept marks they had no answer.

The horse I'm on is backed by cold hard data.

Port usually:

c2P8Ijt.gif

First year past best: He's just a little bit broken, he could still be good.
Second year past best: He's just a little muddy, he could still good.
Worth nothing: Trade / delist.

Port with Wingard:

Mr. Burns selling the Power plant and Homer grabbing the first shitty offer, whilst everyone makes out like bandits. We didn't 'sell high'. We said to the market 'DAMAGED GOODS! DAMAGED GOODS! GET YOUR DAMAGED GOODS HERE! Please make us an offer that's good, even though we've now told everyone we'll accept a pig with lipstick as being as beautiful as Ms. Universe.'. End of week 'Hawthorn, please use lube. Oww! Why no lube Clarko?' :huh:

images
What did you expect for Wingard?
We received what a mid first rounder, mid second and a best 22 player ex first rounder under the age of 22?

The trade was pretty even once Wingard went out and nominated a club

It is when it takes away from the team concept.

You keep bringing up LeBron when the topic of Wingard comes up. Last season LeBron carried a roster comprised of an injury prone Kevin Love and 13 absolute scrubs to the NBA Finals almost singlehandedly. If you were his coach you'd probably be complaining that his usage rate is too high and he's not getting enough hockey assists.

If Chad Wingard really did crack the shits because his coach stuck him in a forward pocket and told him to focus on getting his tackle numbers up, then good. It wasn't good for Chad but more importantly it wasn't good for the team either, because it was a waste of the second most talented player on our list. You need talent to win flags. You don't win flags by forcing your stars into your system, you win flags by making your system fit your stars.

You keep bringing up LeBron when the topic of Wingard comes up. Last season LeBron carried a roster comprised of an injury prone Kevin Love and 13 absolute scrubs to the NBA Finals almost singlehandedly. If you were his coach you'd probably be complaining that his usage rate is too high and he's not getting enough hockey assists.

If Chad Wingard really did crack the shits because his coach stuck him in a forward pocket and told him to focus on getting his tackle numbers up, then good. It wasn't good for Chad but more importantly it wasn't good for the team either, because it was a waste of the second most talented player on our list. You need talent to win flags. You don't win flags by forcing your stars into your system, you win flags by making your system fit your stars.

Let's look at this logically.

Wingard has apparently lost 7kg since being at Hawthorn. He was listed as being 85kg at Port at the start of the season, and he most definitely lost weight during it. That means he was carrying somewhere between 7-9kg of weight when he was placed into the forward line. So he was only garbage as a forward because he was carrying so much weight. And he was placed in the forward line because he has a history of concussion as a junior and the last time he got knocked out it was pretty bad.

Where are you more likely to get concussed - playing forward or playing midfield?

Both Hinkley and Clarkson know what is good for Chad more than what Chad does, and they know that he had a valuable contribution to make to the team. But Wingard saw it as a slight, and when he went into the midfield and everyone had to block for him because he's a concussion case, they all saw it as compromising the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much as I like the fella, Wingard’s attitude defnitely sucked. He will do for the bright lights of Hawthorn what he wasn’t willng to do for the team he purported to love.

We say this like in a given list of 40 players, let alone millennials, you won’t have personalities that go against the grain of the senior coach for various reasons.

How was Dane Swan’s attitude? Even an old dinosaur like Malthouse was able to coax extraordinary performances out of him. Ditto Didak.

We say this like in a given list of 40 players, let alone millennials, you won’t have personalities that go against the grain of the senior coach for various reasons.

How was Dane Swan’s attitude? Even an old dinosaur like Malthouse was able to coax extraordinary performances out of him. Ditto Didak.

Cant shake the feeling that Wingard's going to make us look pretty silly.

In that case, we need Burton to have an equally big year.

Cant shake the feeling that Wingard's going to make us look pretty silly.

In that case, we need Burton to have an equally big year.

Wingard could win a Brownlow being pretty much the player he is now and we’d have backpatters praising Hinkley for Burton’s solid halfback play and his penchant for a short back and sides.

I'll be sad if Chad returns to 2015 levels but if he's going to play at his 2018 standard then I'm not really fussed.

He will play some blinders though, and this board is gonna melt like it's never melted before.

I'll be sad if Chad returns to 2015 levels but if he's going to play at his 2018 standard then I'm not really fussed.

He will play some blinders though, and this board is gonna melt like it's never melted before.

Hawthorn’s system is obviously far more friendly to attacking types. We’d have Breust ploughing a furrow across halfback and trade him for a box of new Shapes when he didn’t tackle enough.

Yeah but he would never have played that well if he stayed at Port, because reasons, indisputable ones too, so like just shut up.

Hawthorn’s system is obviously far more friendly to attacking types. We’d have Breust ploughing a furrow across halfback and trade him for a box of new Shapes when he didn’t tackle enough.

No doubt. We'd have Poppy playing alone at CHF with two opponents.

This Dane Swan?

"If I was like how I was then, I would have been sacked a long time ago," Swan said.
"There's no way you could get away with what we used to do back then. You'd go out midweek and have a crack, that's what all my 18-year-old mates were doing, so that's what I was doing.
"I'd try to leave the club as early as I could without doing weights or without doing extra running sessions.
"Now I do the (optional) stuff that I wouldn't do (in his early days).
"I do it because even though I'm not in the leadership group, you're seen as a leader."

This Dane Swan?

"If I was like how I was then, I would have been sacked a long time ago," Swan said.
"There's no way you could get away with what we used to do back then. You'd go out midweek and have a crack, that's what all my 18-year-old mates were doing, so that's what I was doing.
"I'd try to leave the club as early as I could without doing weights or without doing extra running sessions.
"I do it because even though I'm not in the leadership group, you're seen as a leader."

So the Dane Swan who began his career as a problem child, but rather than deciding it was all too hard his club backed him in and worked on motivating him and developing him into a Brownlow winning premiership player? Imagine that.

This Dane Swan?

Premiership player Dane Swan.

You kinda just proved their point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back