The great blackout of 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Bicks the eco warrior. I like it.

I remember when solar panels 'would never be recycled'.

Fwiw I'm all for charging wind /solar generators a levy on waste and legislation should be introduced to ensure parts are recycled where possible.

I also think home owners with solar PV should be charged to have their end of life panels sent to recycling facilities. Will encourage more facility start ups and stop people installing oversized systems.

If you truly care about the environment then you should be happy to pay for recycling where it's not yet commercially viable. You should only install what you need.

We should be building houses that use less energy in the first place.
Ended up taking mine to a place in Lonsdale, not sure if it was the same place you suggested.
$10 per panel you pay to take them there.
They had 100000’s of stripped panels in the warehouse.
Some parts then go into a big incinerator.

This bloke really got inside your head lol. Ive never heard his name other that reading this thread when it pops up.
That's good means you've never watched the ABC or read the Guardian and other lefty media....He was their go to guy for years but of course they've dropped him of late....I wonder why?

Funny thing about this is all the lemmings would have hung on this blokes word and it fuelled their belief as to the imminence of the emergency. If you said it was horseshit, they’d have shouted you down as a caveman denier. But there view is that it was ok to deliberately overcook it to get everyone moving and they knew it was rubbish all along.

The good news is that if a mask is going to save you from a virus particle contained in ordinary breath, it’s definitely going to stop you from drowning via water intake. And you can be quite certain that the Flannery fans and mask mandate fans Venn diagram looks like it’s just a single circle.

I was talking to a bloke who maintains some turbines in SA a while back.

He reckons for his tools to work on site he uses a diesel generator.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

As someone who use to PM these connections into the grid (and now manages connections for a private company) I think I have a pretty good understanding of renewables and the transmission/distribution network (though I am not an electrical engineer).

Thats like me saying I have a mate who did work on a wheat farm but still needed to bring his own bread to make a sandwich!!

Bicks the eco warrior. I like it.

I remember when solar panels 'would never be recycled'.

Fwiw I'm all for charging wind /solar generators a levy on waste and legislation should be introduced to ensure parts are recycled where possible.

I also think home owners with solar PV should be charged to have their end of life panels sent to recycling facilities. Will encourage more facility start ups and stop people installing oversized systems.

If you truly care about the environment then you should be happy to pay for recycling where it's not yet commercially viable. You should only install what you need.

We should be building houses that use less energy in the first place.
LOL

Tesla running on you guesssed it..

305086596_1507816213004705_7001405647091520508_n.jpg

🤣😂

A fresh example of the lengths people are going to - to charge their electric cars.
And it’s a beauty.
The photo was taken at Millers Point.
The owner has plugged in a yellow extension cord on the balcony.
It’s tied around a tree.
The wire is loosely hanging down- on top of the bushes.
And in the middle of the tangled mess- is the power board.
Attached to the power board- is the plug for his electric car.
And that runs down the tree trunk to the gutter.
And then connects to the vehicle.
It’s an accident waiting to happen.
The man who took the photo - says to us:
“I was walking down the street to work and couldn’t believe my eyes.
“It looked like a street in Vietnam- how this is legal is beyond me.”
A bit of a pattern is emerging here.
People are trying to get involved in the electric car revolution.
But they’re running into roadblocks.
I’m hoping the electric car revolution is going to be a raging success.
But those behind it need a few reality checks.
Small problems are going to become larger ones when we have millions of electric vehicles on the roads.
And there is no bigger problem than charging.
It takes up to 8 hours to fully charge an electric vehicle.
Most people will want to do that when they’re asleep.
So it has to be done at home.
But for a lot of people- that is physically impossible.
1.3 million people live in apartments.
Another 1.1 million live in terraces and townhouses.
Charging at home is not practically possible for everyone.
Think about some of the areas that will have the highest demand for electric cars.
The Inner City and the Inner West.
How many people living in those areas have off street parking?
That’s why we’re seeing bizarre scenes like the images we’ve shared with you.
Tangled power lines from people’s houses - hanging along fences and dangling down trees.
It’s something you’d expect in a third world country.
Yesterday we spoke to Wes Ballentine from Intellihub.
They’ve been given $870,000 in taxpayers money- to roll out charging stations on telegraph poles.
We’re soon going to have people parking in front of the pole and charging for up to 8 hours.
As our caller Steve said yesterday:
“I have 5 cars in my household.
“That means I’m spending 40 hours in front of a power pole… just to get all the cars on the road.”
We’ve sent the photos to the NSW Environment Minister Matt Kean.
He says:
“This is why we need to roll out fast charging infrastructure so you don’t have to do this”
But then you have the next challenge... power supply!
We’re being warned of shortages in the years ahead- when two of our biggest coal plants close.
Only recently- we were being asked not to turn on our dishwashers until we went to bed.
Because there was a shortage of power.
What happens when we’re charging up millions of new electric vehicles?
Darren Miller- the CEO of the Renewable Energy Agency- recently said:
“If we all end up having EVs and charging them at exactly the same time- then the distribution system will not be able to cope with that."
We may need to have a guide about when we charge and when we don’t.
And until we have proper charging options, do we need to say to people:
"If you don’t have a garage or parking spot, you’re not ready for an EV"
Otherwise we’ll be seeing more extension cord chaos that looks like a plate of spaghetti.
Capture.PNG

🤣😂

A fresh example of the lengths people are going to - to charge their electric cars.
And it’s a beauty.
The photo was taken at Millers Point.
The owner has plugged in a yellow extension cord on the balcony.
It’s tied around a tree.
The wire is loosely hanging down- on top of the bushes.
And in the middle of the tangled mess- is the power board.
Attached to the power board- is the plug for his electric car.
And that runs down the tree trunk to the gutter.
And then connects to the vehicle.
It’s an accident waiting to happen.
The man who took the photo - says to us:
“I was walking down the street to work and couldn’t believe my eyes.
“It looked like a street in Vietnam- how this is legal is beyond me.”
A bit of a pattern is emerging here.
People are trying to get involved in the electric car revolution.
But they’re running into roadblocks.
I’m hoping the electric car revolution is going to be a raging success.
But those behind it need a few reality checks.
Small problems are going to become larger ones when we have millions of electric vehicles on the roads.
And there is no bigger problem than charging.
It takes up to 8 hours to fully charge an electric vehicle.
Most people will want to do that when they’re asleep.
So it has to be done at home.
But for a lot of people- that is physically impossible.
1.3 million people live in apartments.
Another 1.1 million live in terraces and townhouses.
Charging at home is not practically possible for everyone.
Think about some of the areas that will have the highest demand for electric cars.
The Inner City and the Inner West.
How many people living in those areas have off street parking?
That’s why we’re seeing bizarre scenes like the images we’ve shared with you.
Tangled power lines from people’s houses - hanging along fences and dangling down trees.
It’s something you’d expect in a third world country.
Yesterday we spoke to Wes Ballentine from Intellihub.
They’ve been given $870,000 in taxpayers money- to roll out charging stations on telegraph poles.
We’re soon going to have people parking in front of the pole and charging for up to 8 hours.
As our caller Steve said yesterday:
“I have 5 cars in my household.
“That means I’m spending 40 hours in front of a power pole… just to get all the cars on the road.”
We’ve sent the photos to the NSW Environment Minister Matt Kean.
He says:
“This is why we need to roll out fast charging infrastructure so you don’t have to do this”
But then you have the next challenge... power supply!
We’re being warned of shortages in the years ahead- when two of our biggest coal plants close.
Only recently- we were being asked not to turn on our dishwashers until we went to bed.
Because there was a shortage of power.
What happens when we’re charging up millions of new electric vehicles?
Darren Miller- the CEO of the Renewable Energy Agency- recently said:
“If we all end up having EVs and charging them at exactly the same time- then the distribution system will not be able to cope with that."
We may need to have a guide about when we charge and when we don’t.
And until we have proper charging options, do we need to say to people:
"If you don’t have a garage or parking spot, you’re not ready for an EV"
Otherwise we’ll be seeing more extension cord chaos that looks like a plate of spaghetti.
View attachment 1513413

There's been convo on this on the politics thread. Any policies that pushed people from fuel to EV prior to the generation and infrastructure to cope with increased load being in place should be mocked. But the cultists can't quite see what is extremely obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love when this thread is bumped.

I remember when Sam Malone was still alive on here. :$

:D
Mutineer is a justice warrior. ;)

SA power network is giving me the shits. It seems every Tuesday they have our power out for about 6hrs. It might be Telstra work. I don't care. I was forced to mow the lawn last Tuesday. My wife was sick. It's not cricket. :mad:

My Neighbour is also on battery power and has a dig at us all the time when it happens.

SA power network is giving me the shits. It seems every Tuesday they have our power out for about 6hrs. It might be Telstra work. I don't care. I was forced to mow the lawn last Tuesday. My wife was sick. It's not cricket. :mad:

My Neighbour is also on battery power and has a dig at us all the time when it happens.
Didn't I read power prices are going up 25% over there?

I'm yet to meet or talk to anyone that's had the cost of their power being $275 on average lower than the year before as guaranteed by Airbus Albo in his pre-election spiel...exactly the opposite actually.

14925455223.jpg

chuck a power cord over the fence when it happens.

Didn't I read power prices are going up 25% over there?

I'm yet to meet or talk to anyone that's had the cost of their power being $275 on average lower than the year before as guaranteed by Airbus Albo in his pre-election spiel...exactly the opposite actually.

14925455223.jpg
Yeah. Isn’t the story that government intervention has reduced prices at the supplier level, but the retailers don’t have to pass it on?

I haven’t noticed much of a hike in the prices but I know the solar feed in tariffs have gone down, down, down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back