Toast The great man signs on for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

sublimely skilled like you RARELY see from a KPP - general field kicking, BOOMING set shot distance, the left foot, exquisite handball skills, decision making and overall footy nous

Absolutely spot on, his peripheral vison and ability to bring other players into the game is amazing .
When he does retire he will be missed more than any other player we have ever had.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As long as he wanted to go on they had to give him another year. Let's hope he is in contention for the Coleman again.

Really happy about this. Tex is our general up forward and the bonus is that he can also kick a few goals. For mine I reckon he is the best exponent of kicking equally on both his left and right side. His handballing is also second to none. Not to mention his ability to slot a goal consistently from outside 50.

Losing Tex would cost us a few goals but the loss of his leadership and understanding of the game up forward would be just as significant.

So Kane Cornes and the so called "first lady of football" .....eat sh*t.

Really happy about this. Tex is our general up forward and the bonus is that he can also kick a few goals. For mine I reckon he is the best exponent of kicking equally on both his left and right side. His handballing is also second to none. Not to mention his ability to slot a goal consistently from outside 50.

Losing Tex would cost us a few goals but the loss of his leadership and understanding of the game up forward would be just as significant.

So Kane Cornes and the so called "first lady of football" .....eat sh*t.

Isn't Kane the first lady of football?

Watching him play is one of the pleasures of going to the football

Yes, it's probably not the healthiest thing that we still rely on him so much but how many players of his class will you ever get to see in your lifetime? Drink it in, every last sublime touch
His 10 against WCE was incredible to watch on the Hill, so grateful to see that live. The players, the crowd, and even the footy gods wanted him to get there. Hasn’t seen such tomfoolery in trying to bag goals since Fev was trying for his 100 many moons ago.

Walker probably ends up with the most Brownlow votes of any Adelaide player again this year. It'll be close between he and Dawson, but Walker will end up with more.

Incredible to think Adelaide basically tried to engineer the end of his career between 2018-2020
Nah. Dawson will finish top 10 in the Brownlow easily, possibly top 5. Walker will get like 10 votes max.

Still a great season though.

Well deserved. Easily our best forward this year, which is actually kind of disappointing because it means the younger guys haven't been progressing as quickly as we need them to.

Tex is currently #38 in the all-time goal kickers list.

Of the top 30, only 3 players are 1) Eligible AND 2) Not already in.

Who are they?

#30) Alastair Lynch
#24) Nick Riewoldt
#16) Saverio Rocca

I just read Riewoldt no-showed his own induction this year. But will be in next year.

So it's just Lynch and Rocca. Kinda shocked both aren't in.

Get to 640 and he'll be in the conversation.

Tex is currently #38 in the all-time goal kickers list.

Of the top 30, only 3 players are 1) Eligible AND 2) Not already in.

Who are they?

#30) Alastair Lynch
#24) Nick Riewoldt
#16) Saverio Rocca

I just read Riewoldt no-showed his own induction this year. But will be in next year.

So it's just Lynch and Rocca. Kinda shocked both aren't in.

Get to 640 and he'll be in the conversation.
Induction to hall of fame?

Not gonna lie, Tex is probably the main reason I’ve been eager to watch the games this year. I’m a goals lover and when Tex is on, there’s really nothing better to see as far as I’m concerned.

Easily the most skilled, ambidextrous player we have, and amazingly seems to have improved when going past the age of 30! Don’t think we have any other past forwards who can lay claim to have improved after 30?

Also just want to remind some here that Tex was having plantar fasciitis, hammy, knee and calf issues back in 2018-2020 and was still getting back to form. So to have a fair few injuries at a late age and still playing as well as he is now, I think this reflects on his strong mental strength to keep at it. You can tell he wants to carry the club through to the next premiership window with the way he’s going about with his football. Competitive beast!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not gonna lie, Tex is probably the main reason I’ve been eager to watch the games this year. I’m a goals lover and when Tex is on, there’s really nothing better to see as far as I’m concerned.

Easily the most skilled, ambidextrous player we have, and amazingly seems to have improved when going past the age of 30! Don’t think we have any other past forwards who can lay claim to have improved after 30?

Also just want to remind some here that Tex was having plantar fasciitis, hammy, knee and calf issues back in 2018-2020 and was still getting back to form. So to have a fair few injuries at a late age and still playing as well as he is now, I think this reflects on his strong mental strength to keep at it. You can tell he wants to carry the club through to the next premiership window with the way he’s going about with his football. Competitive beast!

Absolutely. Well said. He is playing brilliantly right now its no issue moving forward with him.

Absolutely. Well said. He is playing brilliantly right now its no issue moving forward with him.
There’s a real chance he might replicate his end-career like Hawkins, who is still playing decent footy at the age of 35. If Tex keeps kicking around 40 a season, then I’d sign Tex on indefinitely, regardless of his age.

There’s a real chance he might replicate his end-career like Hawkins, who is still playing decent footy at the age of 35. If Tex keeps kicking around 40 a season, then I’d sign Tex on indefinitely, regardless of his age.

Any player who keeps meeting the KPI's should keep playing. Its only when the KPI's aren't reached consistently it starts becoming an issue.

Nah. Dawson will finish top 10 in the Brownlow easily, possibly top 5. Walker will get like 10 votes max.

Still a great season though.
Dawson is in mix for votes in almost every game. But had a slow start and likely won't have any votes until round 4 at the earliest. And more importantly, almost all of them are "maybe he'll sneak a vote" games. There's only 1 or 2 I'd 100% guarantee he will get votes in, let alone three.

Walker starts with 6 guaranteed votes from the West Coast and St Kilda games. And a handful of games he could get 1 to 3 in.

Watching him play is one of the pleasures of going to the football

Yes, it's probably not the healthiest thing that we still rely on him so much but how many players of his class will you ever get to see in your lifetime? Drink it in, every last sublime touch
* me its going to be depressing when his name is no longer on the list. Not a whole lot of success to put it mildly, but one thing has been consistent at least and thats how much of a ******* gun Walker has been for the club.

Shame the team never managed to jag a flag to make him a premiership player/captain, but nothing more he alone could do to try and make that happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back