Toast The great man signs on for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

2009/10 - early years
2011 - Possibly Adelaide's best and most effective forward in a weak team
2012 - Probably Adelaide's best and most effective forward in a strong forward line
2013 - Definitely Adelaide's best and most effective forward until serious injury
2014 - Probably Adelaide's best and most effective forward after returning from injury
2015 - Probably Adelaide's best and most effective forward in a strong forward line
2016 - Probably Adelaide's best and most effective forward in a strong forward line of unprecedented strength
2017 - Probably Adelaide's best and most effective forward in a strong forward line of unprecedented strength
2018 - Not Adelaide's best and most effective forward. Coincidentally the year he was subject to a campaign of systematic undermining and harrassment by the club at the behest of insane cult leaders who had undue influence over important positions in AFC hierarchy
2019 - Definitely Adelaide's best and most effective forward
2020 - Definitely Adelaide's best and most effective forward despite injury and lowered output due to playing in one of the worst teams of all time.
2021 - Definitely Adelaide's best and most effective forward
2022 - Definitely Adelaide's best and most effective forward
2023 - Definitely Adelaide's best and most effective forward

Without the club induced blips in 2018 and 2020 he is the model of consistency (on field).
Betts was surely our most effective forward from 2014-16 (generally, given Tex’s return from injury halfway through ‘14)

Tex a close second for sure, though, which says more about the quality of our best forwards during those years more than anything

The club's greatest forward, many knee jerked and wanted him on the scrap heap a few years ago. I still think he plays for another 2 years.
No arguments with this

Barring major injuries, hard to see what can fully slow him down until the end of 2025

Betts was surely our most effective forward from 2014-16 (generally, given Tex’s return from injury halfway through ‘14)

Tex a close second for sure, though, which says more about the quality of our best forwards during those years more than anything
It's possible you could be right. But Walker and Betts are near enough to dead even on Goals per game in 2014. And in 2015 Walsh started moving Walker into the role as more of a half-forward that he would do until 2019, which makes direct comparison between the two more difficult.

I love him even more, if that is at all possible, because opposition supporters hate him so much.

I love it that he lets his footy do the talking.

I love it that he's made every other team's supporters in the comp offended because he's at some stage ripped them a new one and most of them, multiple times.

Has there ever been a better goal kicker from outside 50 on both legs? No, no there hasn't.

The shameful abuse and harassment he's copped from the media and opposition supporters, and yet they forget he was twice voted best captain by his peers, had to contend with leading and carrying the players through unprecedented horrific times with the murder of the person who had the most faith in him as a leader and footballer, and also contend with heartbreaking personal tragedy.

Kane Cornes, the media and opposition supporters can all go * themselves.

A champion of the game.

Edit: and I didn't use the word 'offended'. All I did was mention one of our players - Butts and how he was hurt last game 😉

Last edited:
Interesting game for Tex this weekend.

1 goal from his last 4 showdowns if you can believe it. Have to go back to 2017 for a 2+ goal game against them.
It's the attention he gets from the double and triple teaming. Meanwhile our other forwards are freed up and considering our stage of development and 2 out of the last three wins while Port are having their genitals fondled by all and sundry, it's a clever ploy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching him play is one of the pleasures of going to the football

Yes, it's probably not the healthiest thing that we still rely on him so much but how many players of his class will you ever get to see in your lifetime? Drink it in, every last sublime touch
Andrew McLeod has always been my favourite Crows player of all time... Tex is a very close second. I also have him as our best Captain (sorry Bicks).

It was from the 50 wasn't it? I'd back about 3 guys in our side to kick that goal reliably on their preferred let alone their non.
Yes it was ridiculous. It was the equivalent of Smith's goal (he ran past for a handball) but on his left and as a KPF. Though it was very low and only just made the distance (empty goalsquare)

There would be very few in the comp that would even attempt that, let alone split the sticks.

7:07 here.

He will get in.

He just needs to not be a d!ckhead for more than 5 minutes which is proving to be difficult for him right now and since forever.

Wayne Carey is the greatest who ever was. He reminds me of Barry Bonds in that regard, they don’t need the HoF to get their recognition

Imperfect men, perfect athletes

If we just played "kick it to Tex" constantly, we'd get done for tanking.

We are not a VFL favourite, we can't get away with that stuff.

I know you are being facetious and I also know that you don't think I am suggesting every kick to Tex but I cant help but suggest that it'd take me 0.3 seconds to crush the AFL if they ever tried that argument

Wayne Carey is the greatest who ever was. He reminds me of Barry Bonds in that regard, they don’t need the HoF to get their recognition

Imperfect men, perfect athletes
Better than Matthews?
I can’t get over his 915 (thought it was 1000 for some reason) goals.
He was before my time though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back