The Great Potatoe Harvest of 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

we are ******* kidding if we sign Maynard again I’d rather a kid at pick 70

Bedford has a two year deal like all national draftees he won’t go anywhere.

Yep. Maynard is 28 in a few months. He's barely tolerable depth, don't see the point in retaining him on the list when we have so many inside options.

Out: Lewis, Stretch, Maynard*, JKH, Garlett, C Wagner*, J Wagner, Keilty*

50/50: Kolodjashnij, vandenBerg (contracted but his chronic foot injuries could force him into retirement), Walker *(see vandenBerg replace foot with shoulder), J Smith (could seek a trade if he’s f’ed off at the club).

Will stay but meh: Spargo, Hannan, O Mac, ANB, T Smith

Declining: Jones, Hibberd, Jetta

Need a ******* rocket up them: Viney, Brayshaw, Preuss, Weideman, T Mac, Hunt

Who knows? - Bedford, Jordon, Nietschke, Sparrow, Baker, Chandler, Bradtke, Dunkley

* Rookie
Both Spargo and Hannan are decent forward options. Hannan has kicked 48 off 41 games. He just hasn't had a decent run this year.
Spargo is a disciplined player who does what is required. Has played less than 25 games. Richmond had these types of players to win the flag.

So who gets it in the neck?
- Keilty, surely
- JKH, again, surely, but I remain adamant he is an AFL level player, we just killed his career as is our want
- Tim Smith, I think he stays
- AVB, gone, unfortunately his body is broken beyond repair
- bedford, gone, has shown 2/3 of 0
- Lewis - cooked
- Kolodjashnij (what a ridiculously hard name to spell!) gone, for his own well being
- Jeffy - left the building two years ago
- Stretch - unfortunately has become a quintessential list clogger
- Maynard - I hope we keep him,
- the Waffen brothers, I hope we keep josh

It’s shaping up to be an all time record harvest.

On top of this, Jones, Hibberd and Nev are all near to the end and Brayshaw looks as invested as Jack Watts in a gym.
Says to keep Maynard J.Wags T. Smith and JKH and tries to give the flick to blokes in their first season with us. Bloody hell

First things first.

What’s that E doing on the end of Potato? Did George Bush Jnr start this thread?
The J stands for genius PG
Says to keep Maynard J.Wags T. Smith and JKH and tries to give the flick to blokes in their first season with us. Bloody hell
you are like a character off Mean Girls. Mean Kent. Or Bitchy Kent.

Expect Marnard to get delisted. Club wants him back playing at Casey next year, but is already been sounding out other VFL/suburban clubs for 2020.

He’s rated internally, but just can’t put a decent spell together.

28 and injury prone. But when you are at that age with only 2 games next to your name, it's not looking good. Club trying to get him out to Casey next year, especially with his old man's involvement down there.

Exactly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pat McKenna was similar. Rated internally but delisted because his body was no good.

It’s a thing apparently.
McKenna was 22 or something atleast had room to move. Maynard's at the age of decline for an inside mid

Maynard, Keilty, T.Smith, Lewis, Garlett, JKH, and Walker, I would all let go. also cut one of KK or Stretch, and keep the other, depending on the medical call on KKs chances of playing top level footy again.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stretch is kept on a 1 year deal or rookie list. Hasn't had a good 2 years due to injury interuption and the clubs rates him as one of the most professional player at the club.

A team like GC would pick up Stretch before he signed a one year deal with us you’d think. I have no issues signing Stretch for 2 and giving KK one more. We can’t just trade depth, that’s where we got stuck this year. We needed the likes of Tyson, Kent, Bugg to lean on this year.

KK obviously top 22 when firing and I’d give him one more year in 2’s to see what he can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back