The Great Potatoe Harvest of 2019

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Maynard has announced his retirement.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Surely not a coincidence that the same week Tempe Tiger said he wanted him around next season, Maynard announces his retirement. It's the Spencil all over again!

samcantstandya

Senior List
Aug 29, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'll go with the following delistings:

Senior list:
Lewis (Ret)
Stretch
JKH (Re-rookie)
Garlett
J Wagner (Re-rookie)

Rookie list:
Keilty
Maynard
Walker
Q4 would u re-rookie JKH & J Wagner. JKH has had 7 years to prove he is a good VFL player, but not an AFL one. He always dishes the ball off like it's a hot potato. Wags is so vanilla & makes poor decisions. Btw Maynard has retired. I'd expect Walker will to unless the medical report is positive.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Surely not a coincidence that the same week Tempe Tiger said he wanted him around next season, Maynard announces his retirement. It's the Spencil all over again!
I really hope we keep all of our assistant coaches next year, particularly Craig Jennings. And I hope we don’t go anywhere near James Bartel. I’ve also got my fingers crossed that Gold Coast get a priority pick at the start of the draft.

I could see Watts going gangbusters in the gym if he hopped on the treadmill behind something well constructed.

Edit: and many gyms have pools.

Wait, wouldn’t he need to be facing the target?

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
All the best to him. Been plagued by injury, but played professionally in 2 sports. Internally rated very high with his work rate and professionalism.

Think it was 2017 grand final, Justin plapp said it was one of the most dominant displays he had seen.

I'm sure he wishes he got to play 100 plus games, but no doubt he gave everything over his few seasons to do his best for the club, jumper and us supporters.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Since he was signed in August 2016, we've delisted/traded the following players who I think would all have made a bigger impact:

Lynden Dunn, Matt Jones, Ben Newton, Ben Kennedy, Mitch White, Tom Bugg.

PAT MCKENNA

Reality IS

Debutant
May 8, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lynden Dunn has been one we let go to early!

The Pies really made us look silly there! But hey we are Melbourne and being stupid is what we do

Lynden Dunn has been one we let go to early!

The Pies really made us look silly there! But hey we are Melbourne and being stupid is what we do
31 games over 3 years.

Yeah Collingwood really showed us up on that one!

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
31 games over 3 years.

Yeah Collingwood really showed us up on that one!

I still haven't gotten over the laughing stock Norf made of us with the Gysberts trade. Another one we let go too soon.

I still haven't gotten over the laughing stock Norf made of us with the Gysberts trade. Another one we let go too soon.
should have kept thd bloke we traded for Gysberts on our list this year

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
Delist -
Lewis
Garlett
cMaynard
jWagner
dKeilty
gWalker
Expressions of interest - for us to consider.?
Preuss (gws)?
Hunt
Petracca
Neal-Bullen
oMac
Stretch
shopping list -
Langdon
cRioli
dFogarty
xDuursma

Whitfield
oWines
pWright
kAmon
King
tPapley
zJones

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Delist -
Lewis
Garlett
cMaynard
jWagner
dKeilty
gWalker
Expressions of interest - for us to consider.?
Preuss (gws)?
Hunt
Petracca
Neal-Bullen
oMac
Stretch
shopping list -
Langdon
cRioli
dFogarty
xDuursma

Whitfield
oWines
pWright
kAmon
King
tPapley
zJones

Please explain how we're going to get any of Duursma/King/Wines

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
Please explain how we're going to get any of Duursma/King/Wines
It's a shopping list... the ones i'd want to sit down with to talk to, over a meal and refreshments. You have to speak to them first, to find out what they think... More than likely 80% would not be gettable.

But we must talk first, so we can ask the question.?

Wines I see as a possible replacement for nJones. Is on a bit of the outer at Port, atmo. Could be at his most gettable... (AVB and Jones are on their last legs). Maynard has retired.
We are not flushed with inside bodies, as we were 2 seasons back. Pre Tyson.

xDursma is one we should have recruited last season, with a pick we should have had.

King... hasn't done a lot yet, but looks enticing, and wants strongly to return home. In reality is a bit young for immediate needs, but cannot look a gift horse in the mouth... IF the timing is right.?

So our ability to get any of them, comes down to, 'cost and availability'... and what we have to offer. Hence the expressions of interest column.

To me, Pick 2 is Off the table. I want 'Lachie Ash' in Red'n'Blue, for 2020_

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's a shopping list... the ones i'd want to sit down with to talk to, over a meal and refreshments. You have to speak to them first, to find out what they think... More than likely 80% would not be gettable.

Wines I see as a possible replacement for nJones. Is on a bit of the outer at Port, atmo. Could be at his most gettable... (AVB and Jones are on their last legs). Maynard has retired.

xDursma is one we should have recruited last season, with a pick we should have had.

King... hasn't done a lot yet, but looks enticing, and wants strongly to return home. In reality is a bit young for immediate needs, but cannot look a gift horse in the mouth... IF the timing is right.?

So our ability to get any of them, comes down to, 'cost and availability'... and what we have to offer. Hence the expressions of interest column.

So pick 2 is off the table but you want to go after the players that would cost pick 2 (Minimum).

:drunk:

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
So pick 2 is off the table but you want to go after the players that would cost pick 2 (Minimum).

:drunk:
Are you a but simple 'schmutt'?

We can get a player if we have "the tradable" to do the job... Hence the expressions of interest column. Petracca, Hunt, Preussy, etc, if any of these get us something we'd consider, then we coud possible find a target we want to bring in... Also we have our 2020 1st Rnd pick... and other future picks from 2020_ which we could trade, for the right option.

It's obvious, we would have to find a player and their club, willing to talk... and we would have to work hard to get any deal over the potential line.
GWS are looking for a Ruck... I would trade with them, for the right deal. same Re Petracca, Hunt, etc.

Now my 1st option to draft is LAsh... even moreso than Anderson, by reason of Ash's run, pace, and his Step in traffic... adding his great kicking, he is a must for us.

Anderson would be fantastic, and on reputation you would pick him ahead of LAsh, IF we only had pick 2...
But if we traded P2 for a Pick 3/4/5... plus another 'around P12'... then I would do that trade straight up, giving up Anderson for the 2Picks option. (hoping to get Anderson back in coming years... Via other dealings). If he was worth it then.

Duursma went Pick 18. The pick we traded for Lever ended up being Pick 19. Explain how we should've/could've gotten Duursma.

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne

Mate Duursma and Ben King will alone cost you pick 2.
Clubs aren't stupid these days.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Are you a but simple 'schmutt'?

We can get a player if we have "the tradable" to do the job... Hence the expressions of interest column. Petracca, Hunt, Preussy, etc, if any of these get us something we'd consider, then we coud possible find a target we want to bring in... Also we have our 2020 1st Rnd pick... and other future picks from 2020_ which we could trade, for the right option.

It's obvious, we would have to find a player and their club, willing to talk... and we would have to work hard to get any deal over the potential line.
GWS are looking for a Ruck... I would trade with them, for the right deal. same Re Petracca, Hunt, etc.

Now my 1st option to draft is LAsh... even moreso than Anderson, by reason of Ash's run, pace, and his Step in traffic... adding his great kicking, he is a must for us.

Anderson would be fantastic, and on reputation you would pick him ahead of LAsh, IF we only had pick 2...
But if we traded P2 for a Pick 3/4/5... plus another 'around P12'... then I would do that trade straight up, giving up Anderson for the 2Picks option. (hoping to get Anderson back in coming years... Via other dealings). If he was worth it then.

You are genuinely thick. Hopefully the rest of the board also puts you on ignore and you can have conversations with yourself since you enjoy the sound of your own voice so much.

Back